Preetom

Some spiritual instruction Lord Shiva gave to Goddess Parvati

1 post in this topic

Some verses from 'Devikalottara' to help with contemplation and self inquiry on Consciousness.

1) Understand that one
who is not able to realise the Truth in his Heart by this knowledge of spiritual wisdom known as Kala Jnana, can never attain it even by studying countless crores of sastras (scriptures) spread out like the sky.

2) Therefore cast aside all fears (on following this path) and shed all doubts. Giving up attachment or desire for anything, be ardent in seeking the ultimate knowledge with wholehearted devotion and with a clear mind (without any trace of confusion).

3) When the mind moves even a little, that is samsara (worldly bondage); when the mind abides firmly and
motionlessly (in the state of Self), that is mukti (liberation).
This is certain. Therefore know that the wise man must hold
his mind firm by supreme Self-awareness.

4) The happiness attained in this aloneness is the highest, boundless bliss. Which learned persons will not revel in that Supreme Reality, in which there is absolutely no action? Tell me

5) Being rid of the worldly knowledge, the great hero who has acquired pure wisdom, in which there are no sense
objects, and which is all pervading and without any form, will attain immutable moksha without fail.

6) The void which is the infinite and all-encompassing one whole without a second, which is just the effulgence of
pure wisdom, which is completely devoid of visible phenomena and which consists of the aspect ‘I’ is the seed which fructifies as liberation, bestowing salvation by enabling
one to unite with the Supreme

7) Instead of following this direct path, do not ever contemplate even in the least upon chakras (located in six
adharas, centres in the body), nadis (subtle nerves that produce the ten divine sounds such as Pranava), the deities associated with the lotus seats (in the adhara chakras, beginning with
Vinayaka), the mantraksharas (potent sound syllables for the worship of these deities) and the diverse mandala murtis (the God-aspects, starting from those controlling the sun, Surya
Mandala, the moon, Chandra Mandala, and fire, Agni mandala).

8) For those whose minds are constantly expanding, clinging to external objects, factors will always arise causing increasing bondage. If the outward-wandering mind is turned
inwards to stay in its natural state, know that one will not undergo any suffering in the world.

9) Unite with that one totality, which is all-pervasive, which has no inside or outside, which is bereft of all (concept
of) directions such as above, below and in between, which assumes all the forms in creation and yet is itself formless, which can be known only by itself, and which is self-luminous.

10) If any person does not meditate on this great all- pervading void, which is the space of consciousness
(chidakasa), he will be a samsari (a worldly individual) forever in bondage to worldly attachments, like the silkworm in its self made cocoon. Understand this.

11) All living beings, of whatever genus, undergo great misery over and over again. Hear from me. In order to avert
all this suffering and sorrow, meditate on the great void constantly without any break.

12) The mind, hankering after things of the world, is more restless than a monkey. If one controls it from wandering after external things and holds it in the void of non-matter one will attain liberation directly.

13) This complete wholeness pervades inside and outside all creations like ether, merging with them, and is itself
formless. Dear, those who are submerged in this supreme bliss
become that supreme bliss themselves. See, how wonderful!

14) If one meditates that the one Consciousness (chit) is different from the prana (life-force), which has subtly attached itself to this gross body, from the mind, from the intellect and
from the ego, one will become established in that Consciousness.

15) Due to sleep and due to thoughts the mind always loses its sharpness, its foolishness increases, and it goes to
ruin. Awakening this mind with effort, and without allowing it to wander, establish it in the state of Self. Persevere in this effort by fixing the mind again and again in its natural
state.

16) Make the mind, which always clings to some support (attaching itself to sense-objects), devoid of all such supports. Making the mind, which is restless in clinging to external
supports, motionless, do not disturb that tranquillity even a little.

17) When one adopts the practice (sadhana) by means of which one’s mind, which is restless like the wind, is made still perpetually, then the purpose of taking birth as a human
being is fulfilled. That is also the mark of a true scholar.

18) If the mind falls asleep, awaken it. Then if it starts wandering, make it quiet. If you reach the state where there is neither sleep nor movement of mind, stay still in that, the natural (real) state.

19) Know that whoever meditates on that supreme void, and becomes established in it by virtue of constant practice, will definitely attain the great state which is beyond birth and
death.

20) I alone am. No one belongs to me; nor do I belong to anyone else. I can see no one who can call me his; neither can I see anyone who is mine. I am all alone.

21) The day one is able to see oneself with his inner eye as not the body, all his desires vanish, and he experiences
perfect peace.

22) I am pure Awareness, immaculate, perfectly liberated; and forever present everywhere. I am indeterminable. No one can grasp me or leave me. I am free from sorrow. I am always
brahmamayam (of the nature of Brahman).

23) Even if the aspirant acquires many kinds of supernatural powers and magical powers such as visualising
what is buried underneath the earth, and can demonstrate them before the world, he should give up mental attachment to them. All these (powers) are only bondages to the individual
soul. Further they drag one to follow a low path. The supreme joy of liberation does not lie in any of them, but only in the Infinite Consciousness.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''