Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Leo's Thick Face, Black Heart

4 posts in this topic

I found a very powerful quote I think sums up how I feel about Leo's presentation style, those who are making videos to judge him, and the maze like web of other view points about what truth is that exists out there:

"A good man's outward appearance and actions sometimes may appear cruel and violent and his expression egotistical, yet he possesses a pure heart within. On the other hand, a false prophet may express an apparent high degree of outward humility and gentleness, but inwardly his sole objective is self-gain. A false prophet in order to thrive, is dependant on the approval of the public, whereas a good man lives in harmony with himself-he neither seeks nor needs external approval.

The natural way of Thick Face, Black Heart is beyond human manipulation, beyond petty standards of human judgement. When one acts in harmony with the universal Will, one's actions are aligned with the good of all and benefit of all. You are neither self-righteous nor eager to please; nor are you seeking approval. In action, you are swift, competent, and dispassionate. In yielding, you are unabashed and have no concern for other's judgments. In conquering, you are effective and can be ruthless. In action and nonaction, you are changeless. You are a true Thick Face, Black Heart practitioner.

"

-Chin Ning Chu, Black Face Thick Heart

Edited by Thought Art
typo

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art As probably one of the biggest people pleasers on earth back a couple of years ago, that was one of the first books i read from Leo's recommendations. I found it very confusing when i read it the first time but after a while i've started to understand more and more of the lessons. It really is a great book and I especially ressonated with the grass analogy: You want to be like the grass and follow the wind, and not like a tree that breaks when it gets tough ( or something like that).

Great book. Highly recommended? Also by Leo so probably the knowledge inside is part of him?