Preety_India

Do you find me creative?

22 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

@Preety_India it looks like you're confusing two different things in what you want. You say it yourself:

What is a talent? Isn't that just mastery in a certain subject? I may have talent in maths, which just means I have a certain mastery of maths. Naturally, mastery doesn't just "happen", I wasn't born knowing maths, it took work. Some people may find the work easier, some harder - but the end result is the same.

What is creativity? Isn't that the ability to come up with something new and original? I would say that everyone has that ability from the moment you are born.

The question of talent or mastery is simply one of time. Do you want to dedicate twenty years to improving your talent with a guitar for example? Talent can be measured by taking a test or by the appreciation of your peers. But the more mastery you have the less you need vindication from others - you can be self sustaining after you reach a certain level.

Creativity is a natural state for everyone, but it needs to be channelled and shaped. That just means focus. Whatever you focus on, your creativity will eventually flourish in that area. But creativity needs to be nutured, it needs to feed on excitement and passion and calmness and love and support and self belief.

So you are looking for reassurance that you're not wasting precious time on something that you might never master. But whatever you decide to focus on, you can guarantee that your skills and talent will improve over time and if you have a good environment creativity will be there.

Nothing in life is wasted, what you create and learn in one area will transfer over to another area later in life. After all, you can always change your mind and take a different path.

Thank you so much. That was a good one. You clarified a lot of my confusions. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Creativity has a certain function which is to bring out aspects of your own heart and soul into a tangible form. 

I never thought of it this way. That's a beautiful perception you gave me.. I always thought of it as a raw skill, even the expression part. That's a wonderful way to put it. 

my suggestion is to feel which ones give you the strongest sense of unique personal expression. You will feel it in between the heart and solar plexus - a sense of elation and freedom - it is this inspiration that is the window to the soul. 

This is great advice and I love Chakras. 

No matter what you choose to do, move forward from that place and grow it like a plant that needs to be watered.

Grow it like a plant. Absolutely. Even though my raw skill is not that good, but I can hopefully nurture it along the way. 

The benefits of cultivating and nurturing inspiration are that you will be closer to your intuition, your soul, God, it helps to clear bad karma and allows you to create a bridge to your higher self. 

That's awesome. Again I never looked at it this way. Thanks for responding to my thread. This was some mind blowing way of changing my perspective towards art completely. And you're such a great artist yourself.. I love your artistic talent. So hearing from you is quite humbling.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.