Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shaun

Things I've Noticed After Starting Meditation

7 posts in this topic

I have now gone two weeks doing 20 minutes of meditation each day, not one day missed. It was very difficult to start with and still is at times. I have noticed that I am more relaxed and a situation at work which has bothered me greatly is hardly a problem anymore. One one of my meditations I fell asleep briefly. On another I felt an overpowering motivation to just get up and do my normal stuff. Now I find that my mind is quieter during it and briefly goes completely silent. I mostly do my meditation late at night around 10 to 12pm but sometimes do it during the day. What experiences has everyone else been having?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun Sweet! As Leo says it needs get some "traction". Sounds like you stuck with it. That in itself speaks volumes about your open mindedness. Stay tuned, it only gets better. One thing to mention. That's a late night sit. That's fine as long as your totally present. There is nothing like kicking back and silently observing mind at a standstill. Yea!

My friends say I need to stop going on about this self enlightenment stuff and that I won't find happiness this way. They seem to think that going out, getting drunk and having a relationship will make me happy, but I don't think that I can find happiness along that route. I fail completely with women and I suppose it was searching for a way to overcome this failure that lead me to actualized.org and ultimately enlightenment work.

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Sure you can have some temporary happiness by going out ant having some fun. But you will never become fulfilled this way. I personally believe that I have exploited all the drinking and partying pleasures and I just do not enjoy it anymore. I still go out to meet my friends, have a drink or two, but often I come back disappointed because of the low quality of social interaction. My advice is - do not chase happiness, it is a feeling, it comes and goes. Look for fulfilment. Meditating is the right way to go.

I have just started my meditating habit and what I noticed is that I always feel a bit uplifted after meditating (even if it does not go so well).

I've been meditating for about a year and a half, only missing a day here and there except for the last 11 months straight I haven't missed and only recently started hitting my plateaus, in the begining there's a lot of insight and a lot of growth but as of late its been very slow going, and its sometime even still hard for me to sit down which I'm still working on but, I'm gonna keep on going here. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Yea, and you can see past that B.S in that. Enlightenment work is about being brutally honest first and foremost with yourself. If your not, you'll ride that wheel the rest of your life like your friends from one level to the next. Where will that get you in 10 years?  A relationship can happen, just not in that hollow way. Don't expect it too. It very seldom does so be real, that's all alcohol. Your looking for the real deal. When a relationship happens, it's like it was always been there waiting to happen. You'll see!

Edited by cetus56

That's what I was thinking, I have taken Leo's advice seriously and I never want to miss a single day of meditation.