kagaria

God and Studies in Plato's Metaphysics

7 posts in this topic

Plato wrote in the dialogue of Timaeus (from the dialogues of Socrates) that three triangles of numbers created the Universe, (the structure of a matrix of 9 numbers, where the sums of numbers in 3 rows and 3 columns are all equal). 

I wonder if God would verify some of these points? In your last video you said that you are going to talk about some flaws of materialism. What kind of new model of ether net and its bonds would you like to propose (of the self-creating universe) ?

The shamanic practice and all the miracles have existed since time immemorial. Modern science denies all of that. I've found some works of one academic (whom many consider a pseudoscientist) who is on a shamanic journey himself and possibly is self-realized. He tries to give explanation to psychic phenonmena and is one hell of a smart person. Too sad he has no attention whatsoever in the scientific community. He did resonate with Plato's views and what's up with your stance on that? 

Edited by kagaria

explain grammar to an alien ?

Plato's "theory of forms" (as scholars know today) is delusion, but that doesn't mean that his works are useless.

Plato is a really odd philosopher. He never announces his ideas. Instead, he has a portrayal of his mentor, Socrates, as a mouthpiece.

So already there are layers of representation: Socrates the character relays certain ideas, but Plato the storyteller relays the character "Socrates." Furthermore, we don't know if this is Plato's twisted conception of Socrates, or if it is "Socrates as Socrates truly was."

Lastly, Socrates the character seems to espouse the "theory of forms" rather often, but Plato the storyteller actually includes moments in which Socrates is shown his own limitations (for example in the Parmenides, where Socrates has his own beliefs challenged and humbled).

In some ways I believe this shows that Plato cares more about the intellectual process than the intellectual result. Plato never gives answers, he asks questions and plays around with them, inviting us to do the same.

Plato's Timaeus is actually my favorite dialogue, simply for the "likely story" (or plausible account) alone. If you read between the lines, it is evidently describing nonduality.

5 hours ago, kagaria said:

Plato wrote in the dialogue of Timaeus (from the dialogues of Socrates) that three triangles of numbers created the Universe, (the structure of a matrix of 9 numbers, where the sums of numbers in 3 rows and 3 columns are all equal). 

I don't recall that in the reading. Where did you get this idea?

It's Love.

@RendHeaven Plato detailed in the "Timea" the structure of the "molecule" of four original elements. He draws attention to the fact that all of them are made up of triangles (triangular faces), which, thus, play about the same role of the atoms in modern physics. He thinks that this internal complex structure allows "multifaceted" molecules under certain conditions to crumble and move the molecules of other elements. Large material bodies arise due to the circumort of the universe, which causes vortices, fluctuations, collisions and clutch of the set of "molecules". The similar idea was developed by Okoneshnikov in the construction of a new model of the atomic nucleus.

Here is the quick model of the sphere of fundamental rotations of 9 quark-antiquark pairs - Ur-particles - the primal components of creation (or something like that my english sucks).

Calmly, slowly, with your fingertips, draw traces of the simultaneous movement of all 9 numbers of balls (lacing of particles in series with the natural count of numbers). I can hive you link to the animation: http://play.ykt.ru/video/6183

The trajectories of their movement intersect at 9 places through one interval of the crosshair of a unified double-three-petal-octal-path, but do not collide!  In this way, the super density of the atomic nucleus is formed. 

This is the result of the work of one member of their team, which gave 15 years of his life to a professional study of electron rotation at a scientific institution of the Novosibirsk Academgorodok. 

419474.jpg

425837.jpg

Edited by kagaria

According to the concepts of Plato, the cosmos is a living being whose body is the entire totality of the material world, and whose soul is part of the divine mind;  space is eternal;  he was created in the likeness of the eternal and invisible god, and he himself is a blessed god, one of a kind, dominating himself and not needing anything;  these concepts have their source, common to all Greek people, ideas about the universe as a living and divine being. It could denote that Plato unit was self-realized and directly conscious as God, hence the 'accuracy' of his ideas. But who knows, I really want to ask Leo about his insights about the atomic nucleus when he became directly conscious as the creator.

Reality is Infinity.

No triangles or particles or numbers or shapes are fundamental.

You will never be able to ground reality in any kind of form or object, since they are all imaginary and reality has no bottom, top, beginning, or end.

You will never be able to understand Infinity through any kind of symbolic system like sicence or math. You must access Infinity directly via your consciousness. You are Infinity. So become infinite.

Plato did psychedelics, so he likely had some direct consciousness of God, which informed his philosophy. It's just a question of how deep did he go? How total was his awakening? My guess is, not so total.

His Allegory of the Cave is clearly from doing psychedelics. And its pretty accurate.

I think Plato was on the right track, but he didn't go all the way and his work is rather outdated and murky by today's standards.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, kagaria said:

Here is the quick model of the sphere of fundamental rotations of 9 quark-antiquark pairs - Ur-particles - the primal components of creation (or something like that my english sucks).

Calmly, slowly, with your fingertips, draw traces of the simultaneous movement of all 9 numbers of balls (lacing of particles in series with the natural count of numbers). I can hive you link to the animation: http://play.ykt.ru/video/6183

The trajectories of their movement intersect at 9 places through one interval of the crosshair of a unified double-three-petal-octal-path, but do not collide!  In this way, the super density of the atomic nucleus is formed. 

This is the result of the work of one member of their team, which gave 15 years of his life to a professional study of electron rotation at a scientific institution of the Novosibirsk Academgorodok. 

None of this should be taken seriously as THE existential Truth. If you for some reason happen to see triangles making up reality, that is only true insofar as you have imagined the triangles to be there.

Be careful in thinking that "Plato believed..." As I've already mentioned, Plato is not wedded to anything that he has his characters say.

Be open to the possibility that Plato has (convincingly) written in deliberate falsehoods for the purpose of dramatization.

2 hours ago, kagaria said:

According to the concepts of Plato, the cosmos is a living being whose body is the entire totality of the material world, and whose soul is part of the divine mind;  space is eternal;  he was created in the likeness of the eternal and invisible god, and he himself is a blessed god, one of a kind, dominating himself and not needing anything;  these concepts have their source, common to all Greek people, ideas about the universe as a living and divine being. It could denote that Plato unit was self-realized and directly conscious as God, hence the 'accuracy' of his ideas. But who knows, I really want to ask Leo about his insights about the atomic nucleus when he became directly conscious as the creator.

This is all a "likely story" according to the character "Timaeus" as represented by the storyteller Plato.

It is just as likely as a modern scientific model: that is, it has elements of Truth, and yet it is not the Whole Truth.

As for the question of "accuracy" and determining which story is more likely - that endeavor is utterly relative and has no definitive answer.

It's Love.