WHO IS

The answer to non-duality is "Choice"

98 posts in this topic

No not at all... that was weird it just sounded like I was hearing myself talk...

I think you understand things a lot more than you realize or maybe you do realize it I don't know...?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I think you understand things a lot more than you realize or maybe you do realize it I don't know...?

You know what's funny? I don't know either xD

But only because everybody seems to think differently of me here, and i never had any mystical experiences or something like that.

Other than an episode of depersonalization.

Edited by arlin

9 minutes ago, arlin said:

yet, maybe using words such as love, and consciousness, pretends to describe reality, which is indescribable. So one could say you are actually further away from the truth. (If there is a truth to get, to begin with)

You're absolutely correct about reality being indescribable. But Love, god, and consciousness are the closest words to describe it, once you'll awaken you will realize these are the words that come the closest. 

The absolute truth is absolute, once you get it you get it. There is no doubt, you know.

You know there never was a "you" to begin with. It was all imaginary. 

@arlin Be careful of not being TOO skeptical tho, there is such a thing and you'll never arrive at truth with such a mindset. 

Just take these words with you into the neutral zone, and verify them with direct experience. 

@fridjonk

2 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

You're absolutely correct about reality being indescribable. But Love, god, and consciousness are the closest words to describe it, once you'll awaken you will realize these are the words that come the closest. 

The absolute truth is absolute, once you get it you get it. There is no doubt, you know.

You know there never was a "you" to begin with. It was all imaginary. 

Yeah it could be.

For now, let's embrace this me and love it and live this silly life.

Those stuff will come later.

You could be right about the words, and i do think they are just pointers. And definetly direct experience is king.

Don't worry, we can debate and i can be skeptical how you want. But i will always set aside what results out of this conversations, not as truth, but as an option. Because i truly don' know and this is my path and my path only.

Nobody can tell me.

Because of my crazy open mindedness, be prepared as i might begin throwing at you silly ideas that you never heard before xD 

But i am just playing. Direct experience is another thing.

3 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@arlin Be careful of not being TOO skeptical tho, there is such a thing and you'll never arrive at truth with such a mindset. 

Just take these words with you into the neutral zone, and verify them with direct experience. 

This is good advice ?

Stay radically open minded and simultaneously grounded..

Take the middle path.. somewhere between open empty and skeptical  ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

As I said in some other thread, you seem to know what you're doing. :)

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

This is good advice ?

Stay radically open minded and simultaneously grounded..

Take the middle path.. somewhere between open empty and skeptical  ?

I completely agree, thank you  :) 

2 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Well, according to Leo there is one. But you didn’t want to take the leap if I recall correctly?

No, Leo latest reports say that psychedelics are the way to enlightenment, and he admits that you'll suffer (more or less) after taking them.

6 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

You’re not going to reach enlightenment without suffering. You’re not going to go through life without suffering. 

In basic terms the problem is your resistance.. to life. As it is. Stop resisting it. That’s the secret. But see you want to keep resisting it. Because you as God want to stay separate and limited. The ego, you, is simply resistance to the unlimited. That’s all you are. Resistance is food that keeps the ego running. 

That's just "non-duality mumbo jumbo", I am just a thinking animal like you, who seeks pleasure and avoids pain. Jumping in to intense pain is not easy. I'm not saying it's impossible, but to say that it's just an easy choice is bullshit.

Edited by Arzack

14 minutes ago, Arzack said:

Yeah sure we're all masochists choosing to suffer. Makes total sense to me.

If there was an easy "non-duality realization button" we would be all enlightened.

It's so easy you don't even have to push a button... non-dual awareness is at hand.

Enlightenment is the one thinking it's not enlightened...

It's the one thinking a button needs to be pushed...

It's the one dreaming about what it would be like to be enlightened...

It's what you already are...

Look around at everything.... this is it there's nothing else you will ever find ...this is it.

Its THIS...

It's already perfect whole and complete.... it always was... it's just waiting for you to recognize it...

It's already here don't miss it looking for something that you will never find...

Its here NOW... do you see it can you see it?

Do you have eyes to see? ❤

7 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

You’re not going to reach enlightenment without suffering. You’re not going to go through life without suffering. 

In basic terms the problem is your resistance.. to life. As it is. Stop resisting it. That’s the secret. But see you want to keep resisting it. Because you as God want to stay separate and limited. The ego, you, is simply resistance to the unlimited. That’s all you are. Resistance is the food that keeps the ego running. 

I really like what you said here ❤ ?

4 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It's so easy you don't even have to push a button... non-dual awareness is at hand.

Look around at everything.... this is it there's nothing else you will ever find ...this is it.

Its THIS...

It's already perfect whole and complete.... it always was... it's just waiting for you to recognize it...

It's already here don't miss it looking for something that you will never find...

I just don't understand where the part with the love and fun comes in. Isn't that just an ego story?

The constant seeking is the hell and it perpetuates the belief that the Seeker is real and can find something called enlightenment..

Before Enlightenment one must roll the boulder up the mountain...

After Enlightenment one must still roll the boulder up the mountain...

What has changed?

The resistance to what is...❤

4 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Its THIS...

Yeap but what about if they point a gun to your head trying to rob you or something.

At that point, how sure you are that there is only THIS, totally unknowable...etc? You sure at that point the belief in a separate self and physical death won´t appear? If it does appear how come, since you are so sure its just THIS.

If there is no self, sure you shouldn´t have fear of death. That´s what I call embodying an awakening. I dont care if someone does 100 trips of dmt, if then their ego still thinks its real and take its shit seriously. 

Not trying to discredit your awakening btw, I do agree with much of your posts, but self-deception (which I fall into) is what I am afraid of this path. Much people talking about awakening but then I see their egos taking themselves very seriously. Hmmm something doesn´t match up. (Not talking about you btw, I have 0 idea about how your ego is, just doing a generalization)

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.