Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arzack

David and Goliath as a psychedelic metaphor?

24 posts in this topic

Yeah sure we're all masochists choosing to suffer and it's all our fault. Makes total sense to me.

Intense suffering is still a thing, modern technology didn't take it away. It's just that now people believe drugs can always take the pain away. You will feel the pain of your body being cremated after clinical death. Pain is part of life and how we evolve spiritually. Either you go through it with psychedelics or through reincarnation.

Edited by Arzack

@Arzack  Hell yeah. Good that you grasped that. ;) Maybe watch Leo's 3 part series on self-deception.

Sometimes seeds fall on arid ground.

Edit:

12 minutes ago, Arzack said:

Intense suffering is still a thing, modern technology didn't take it away. It's just that now people believe drugs can always take the pain away. You will feel the pain of your body being cremated after clinical death. Pain is part of life and how we evolve spiritually. Either you go through it with psychedelics or through reincarnation.

Why do you want to bring this up?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Arzack the real analogy is as follows. You are David. You are a young, weak boy in a mass community of powerful people who rely on their human strength. You are the only one who steps out to face to beast, with no heavy weaponry. You slay the beast with God's power. You could see Goliath as your ego. Notice what happens to david. Years of being weak, you slay the beast with one stone (one big experience) and what happened to david? A man called Saul was king at the time, but he was not worthy. Young David was the humble harp player for the king. But he knew he was chosen of God (and anointed at a young age by God's prophet Samuel) to replace the king.

1 Samuel 16:6-7

"When they came, he looked on Eliab the eldest and thought, “Surely he is the one the Lord has anointed to be king.” But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

David was the youngest and God revealed to Samuel that David was to be king. David was the lowest of the low, a Shepard (the lowest job in society at the time). David was King Saul's harp player...and one day God's promise came true and he miraculously took the throne and title of "King". You are David. If you continue the path to utter completion, you shall cease to serve God, and literally become God. This is the true analogy ❤️

Jeremiah 29:13 

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Edited by Aaron p