Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kshantivadin

How is consciousness first-order to everything else?

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to integrate this, but it doesn't make 100% sense. I still hold to the belief that it's physicality that's first order, since consciousness is so dynamic and diverse and dependent upon the physical conditions of the body.

thank you in advance

19 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

I still hold to the belief that it's physicality that's first order, since consciousness is so dynamic and diverse and dependent upon the physical conditions of the body.

What does this perception exist within?

I am myself, heaven and hell.

So without your own consciousness right now, you wouldn't even be able to say that consciousness is not primary

Edited by Aaron p

2 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

I'm trying to integrate this, but it doesn't make 100% sense. I still hold to the belief that it's physicality that's first order, since consciousness is so dynamic and diverse and dependent upon the physical conditions of the body.

Consciousness includes both physical and non-physical. The mind is creating distinctions called “physical” and “non-physical”.

The term “1st order” or “prior” is often used because the mind is well-equipped for linear concepts. 

What would be “prior” to your ideas of physical on non-physical?

3 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

since consciousness is so dynamic and diverse and dependent upon the physical conditions of the body.

Inspect this concept deeply.  Is this perhaps just something you took for granted based on your culture?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Kshantivadin  it's good that you're really exploring this... so many just go with the popular belief.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi