Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OBEler

Non duality with closed eyes

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I never experienced non duality during a trip. I normally trip with closed eyes. So I ask me if I will recognize non duality with closed eyes and will it be different compared with open eyes? Will non duality shock me if I will experience this for the first time?

I am always a little nervous during a trip that from one second to the next I will experience this truth and it will change my life forever. 

Can somebody who experienced non duality share his opinion if non duality with closed eyes is differnt than with open eyes? 

It depends on the usage of "nondual". In the strictest sense, nondual is "not two". If there is "not two" how can there be a difference? There aren't two different things to compare. In this context, there is no difference between eyes open and eyes closed - they are the same. 

Looser usages of the term "nondual" might include an experience of a "collective consciousness". For example, someone might be out in the forest and there sense of self dissolves and consciousnesses is experienced as the entire forest (rather than "me" walking through a forest). Or a person could stare with a deer such that separation between me and the deer dissolve and there is only one. Seer and seen is the same. These contextualized examples are a looser description of nonduality. In this context, nonduality would be contextualized as a different experience between eyes closed and eyes open.

I would do whatever you prefer. I've had what I consider nondual experiences with 5-meo with both eyes closed and eyes open. Both are good. 

For me, the experience would depend more on which psychedelic is used. I don't get CEVs with 5-meo, yet I get very strong CEVs on 4-ho-met - it's like being in the most amazing virtual reality imaginable. 

14 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Can somebody who experienced non duality share his opinion if non duality with closed eyes is differnt than with open eyes? 

It will not matter.  There won't be a you in a non-dual state as you will be pure Consciousness.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.