Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RestWithinTheHeart

New Meditation technique

6 posts in this topic

Hey!
I've discovered a new meditation strategy that I found really useful. Been doing this over the past week.
I don't know if it's ideal if you're just starting out with meditation, I've been doing it for a couple of years.

Bring up a blank page in word, or something similar. Make the captions: Important, To do's, and Misc.
Write down whatever comes up in the first 10 minutes or so of the meditation.

I get a lot of good ideas, and gain awareness about stuff just bellow the surface of the sub conscious whenever I do this.
It's been really fruitful for me, and fosters self honesty. writing stuff down is usually a good way to make the mind let go as well.

@RestWithinTheHeart  hi and welcome to the forum :)  This sounds a good technique, as I do sometimes have ideas which I think would be good to put in my journal or somewhere, only to forget by the time I try to write them down later (I'm rather forgetful).  I guess it could be used with any meditation technique (either on a gadget or old fashioned pencil & paper) - what is your technique and how's it going? 

6 hours ago, RestWithinTheHeart said:

writing stuff down is usually a good way to make the mind let go as well.

Pro tip right there. 
Sometimes when the mind seems so full or the person feels overwhelmed, writing helps. Especially when it’s things that worry or stress out. And then when you do write the things down in your head that you want to get done, it usually is just a couple things that seemed like so much more because they cycled around in the mind without a proper identification. A couple issues can easily feel like a world of trouble. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

17 hours ago, silene said:

@RestWithinTheHeart  what is your technique and how's it going? 

My technique is just letting go of everything, focusing on nothing. After my initial awakening I made the mistake of thinking that I didn't need to meditate anymore, but it's proven to be really nice and beautiful to get back into it.?

I feel more inspired to do so now that I'm getting the physical list out of it.

16 hours ago, Chakra Lion said:

- usually is just a couple things that seemed like so much more because they cycled around in the mind without a proper identification.

Yeah, finding and finishing the small stuff can take me from weird angsty vibes to total calm after some minutes of work. Learned procrastination ain't pretty ?

@RestWithinTheHeart   yes I find that letting go is much less effort than concentration, although I do both. Awesome for you to reach a stage where you don't need to meditate, but just do for the beauty of it. Sounds like it's freeing up your intuition too, and releasing some good insights.