Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tonypop100

Peter Ralston retreat suggestions

7 posts in this topic

I'm going on a week long enlightenment intensive ran by Peter ralston. Any tips suggestions or useful advice would be appreciated. :)

I don't know what his idea of enlightenment is but listening to him always gave me nausea. He goes round and round in circles. Frankly he appears a bit delusional to me. I can't take that guy seriously. 

He looks full of himself.. 

But anyway some of his retreat stuff is good. One of my friends did it and he had to do contemplation communications exercises that sharpen and enhance contemplation and help remove errors and flaws in contemplation. 

Apart from that, these are the guidelines he gives on before signing up for his retreat program 

You should know that you will be asked to sign a waiver of your right to sue for any injury
or distress you might experience during this retreat. There will be strenuous physical activity, as well
as strenuous mental and emotional engagement. The ranch also holds various dangers, such as
barbed wire, wildlife, rugged terrain, etc. You must take full responsibility for any injury or mishap
that may occur for you during your stay here, regardless of the source. Of course, we will endeavor to
make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible, but given the location and nature of this retreat,
accidents, injury, and distress are possible. If you are unwilling to be responsible for your own wellbeing,
do not come to this retreat. Otherwise  you are most welcome.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I went to the Experiencing the Nature of Being and Transcending Self Workshop. Id highly recommend the ENB... It was almost like all the contemplation I did was planting seeds which have been continually growing since I left. Extremely powerful material... I also had a full blown enlightenment at the end during a 1 day silent contemplation intensive. TSW wasn’t as impressive, felt more intellectual and like material Id already done a lot of work with on my own or could do on my own. 

The only thing I didnt enjoy about the workshops were the assumptions that we (the participants) were not conscious of certain truths and the lack of focus on Love. It was almost like the facilitator kept forcing the idea that we all assumed there was a separate self even if this had already been seen through to some degree. And then as far as the focus on Love, it felt as though the workshops where highly masculine and were missing the feminine qualities of Truth. 

That being said, I plan on going back to the ENB. 

29 minutes ago, Consilience said:

The only thing I didnt enjoy about the workshops were the assumptions that we (the participants) were not conscious of certain truths — It was almost like the facilitator kept forcing the idea that we all assumed there was a separate self even if this had already been seen through to some degree. 

That may be due to the fact that most people have those assumptions and for the most of the rest those things are ideas and believes. It’s same with Leos videos, he keep telling how the viewer does not understand anything from his or her current consciousness level. Sometimes it feels like maybe those things could be said in different way, but it’s easier to ignore when remember that 99% of viewers probably match the description.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

21 hours ago, Consilience said:

And then as far as the focus on Love, it felt as though the workshops where highly masculine and were missing the feminine qualities of Truth.

Exactly my issue with Ralston. Though I resolved to postpone these doubts till I have seen much of what he has to teach. I don't nearly do but I already know that I don't resonate fully with him. He is awesome and inspiring and incredibly lucid though. 9.2/10.

@Tonypop100  I have done one ChengHsin contemplation intensive and one entlightenment intensive. They are a great method. If you are working on 'Who am I' my advice will be this: make sure no to overlook the obvious. Don't go in there expecting to find god and truth and consciousness and no-self. The direct experience of Who you are is the most obvious thing in the world and the preliminary requirement to deeper consciousness work. Having that experience is so worth it.

Try and get to the 'bus stop' or to the palace as quickly as possible, that is a state where everything that came up you are no longer truly invested in. From there you will be truly open, truly not-know and then just have faith that the experience will come. It is ultimately not in your hands.
Don't beat yourself up when you loose the question just get back to it again.
What you seek has always been true, always been there. Don't go into fantasy-land with your contemplation.
Bring dedication and effort.
Good luck on that Intensive, I hope your resolutions will be fulfilled. Ralston won't talk about this but to me it has been helpful to make a formal resolution to have that experience to the benefit of all beings/specific people in your life.

I hope to be able to meet him when he comes to Europe this summer.

Godspeed my friend.

@loub Excellent advice.

I still want to reiterate how powerful the work is... especially in that environment. Masculine focus aside, if you really commit to the work it changes you. Love, beauty, creation, etc, are not separate from what Ralston teaches even though he doesn’t use this type of language. Just fill in the gaps yourself.