Javfly33

Self-Inquiry points to THIS. Am I going in the right direction?

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Javfly33 Yeah you're on the right track. Now, go from this insight about THIS which is being processed in thinking/thoughts. Now just feel THIS. Don't think about THIS. Just feel it, and accept it. Just be THIS. 

@Raptorsin7 I just was THIS for some minutes again but I ended up stopping because nothing really "unfolds". I guess I have to keep being it until I get it .

@Nahm I am practicing meditation lately quite intensely...however it is strange because I am concentrating like never before but the rest of the day I have extreme ego-backlash. So while I enjoy moments of very peaceful stillness the rest of the day there's again a lot of negative inertia around the body and mind.

However at the same time a "space" it's arising slowly at the same exact time of this negative thoughts and self-referential prison exists. This is new. Until know I only knew about "silent mind" or "active mind".

I can easily feel the space in silent mind like meditation or Yoga. But what about in active mind?

Now there's moments of active mind, precisely "negative mind/tension" but at the same time the 'space' reveals something of another taste. That 'everything' maybe it's already fine. Even while 'negative mind' says the moment is not righteous to exist, the 'space' has righteousness for everyone LOL, including the negative mind. (I hope this make sense) The 'space' it's gaining more 'notoriety'. I like this. I have hope that a seed is been planted very deep. However as I say this, I could be deluded, nothing actually is changing in my attitude emotions or thoughts, the prison seems the same prison. 

I just hope I soon realize there's no prisioner so the "prison" can stop being a "prison". 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

You can’t be it, you are it. So, there’s really no, “it”. 

@Nahm I am practicing meditation lately quite intensely...however it is strange because I am concentrating like never before but the rest of the day I have extreme ego-backlash.

Relaxation isn’t intense. You might want to review other techniques. It’s is a very common thing, the ‘no pain no gain’ kinda of approach doesn’t work. It doesn’t feel good. That is all that is needed to know it is not helping. It’s just for you. Nowhere to get to, nothing to solve. Totally, entirely for you. 

“Ego-backlash” is a very helpful pointing term, but as a write off it is dangerous. When I read it, it reads “not doing inspection work”. Initially, sure, but on going...some easy, basic thought inspection might be called for. The hardest (impossible) way is ‘in your head’. The easy way is in front of the head, on paper. Huge difference. :)  

So while I enjoy moments of very peaceful stillness the rest of the day there's again a lot of negative inertia around the body and mind.

That would be a thought to inspect. I understand what you’re saying, but it’s a write off. (I’m being harsh to draw out the point...) ...”Oh it’s not me, it’s around me, around the body and mind”. (Sorry ?)  It’s thoughts like that, uninspected, which are the “problem”. When the write off is ripped away, only feeling, and one thought at a time remains. Actual Now. Presence. Being. Then it is delightfully seen, there’s no “problem”. Never was. Once it is seen how you’re doing it - you’d have to do it literally in a very purposeful effort to even try to go against feeling to do it. I predict you would not be able to, because the laughter would be too much. 

However at the same time a "space" it's arising slowly at the same exact time of this negative thoughts and self-referential prison exists.

Bruh. The heavy handed self judgement here. Come on. There’s no “negative thoughts”. Thought is only, thought. It’s not bad & good, positive & negative.  There is only how a thought feels. That’s it.   “Negative thought”....IS...a....thought. How does that thought feel?  Not good. Pick the opposite thought. How does it feel?  Good. 

For self referential thinking...do the work, put the time in. It’s simple & easy...unless you avoid it. That’s suffering. Use a dry erase board, write the thought. Circle the nouns. Pretty soon you’ll realize you are not any of the nouns you wrote. You are the awareness of it all. Try to thinkin...awareness. 

You can’t. 

Because you are awareness. 

Awareness is aware. 

What else is aware?

Nothing. Aware, describes, awareness.  Awareness, is aware. 

Awareness is aware of, a thought. 

That thought could be “me” but you are awareness aware of a thought. 

That thought could be “my” but you are awareness aware of a thought. 

That thought could be “I” but you are awareness aware of a thought. 

If you choose to ‘pick the good feeling thought’....the body will release stored misunderstood emotion. If you’re fearing that, don’t. If you have direct experience of it, you know emotional release actually feels great. If you haven’t experienced it, but feel fear of it - notice you are fearing what you have never experienced. The fear is entirely ungrounded and unjustifiable. 

This is new. Until know I only knew about "silent mind" or "active mind".

I can easily feel the space in silent mind like meditation or Yoga. But what about in active mind?

There’s no such thing as “active mind”.  That’s one thought. Like a book, you can recognize it is a book, and you can also read it, go into it, get submersed in it. That doesn’t mean it was ever more than, one book. Try to find this active mind. Try to point to it. You will find it is literally just one thought at a time. (And attachment... or acknowledgement... of the actuality that it is a thought)

Now there's moments of active mind, precisely "negative mind/tension" but at the same time the 'space' reveals something of another taste. That 'everything' maybe it's already fine. Even while 'negative mind' says the moment is not righteous to exist, the 'space' has righteousness for everyone LOL, including the negative mind. (I hope this make sense) The 'space' it's gaining more 'notoriety'. I like this. I have hope that a seed is been planted very deep. However as I say this, I could be deluded, nothing actually is changing in my attitude emotions or thoughts, the prison seems the same prison. 

I just hope I soon realize there's no prisioner so the "prison" can stop being a "prison". 

How can you plan to “soon realize there’s no prisoner” while you are believing & expressing the very story of a prisoner in a prison? 

When the thought arises “now there’s moments of active mind....” - that is one thought. It’s not true per se. It’s a thought. A book is not “true”, it’s a book. Even a book about a true story, is not true, it’s a book. 

I know I’m being a bit over the top, and to continue that theme...from now on, “makes sense” means, Makes sensation / makes feeling. All Knowledge is a fancy capitalized term for “all the shit in the heads of humans that amounts to nothing”. This whole universe is for you. It’s for nothing more than your experiencing of it, right now. And only, right now. That’s it. When you feel good, right now, does everything not “make sense”? -“Isn’t it so?”-

Every single human being is the center of the universe. Google / YouTube it. Important fact most people apparently don’t know. :) ♥️  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Ramana started teaching Self-Inquiry for those who weren't ready for his deepest teachings of silence, to bring the practitioner to this silence. 

I will leave some quotes from Ramana on the matter, but if the question is leading you to silence, sit in that silence, for that silence contains all the 'answers' you could ever need. 

There's also a lot of good books that have helped westerners decipher these teachings, as many translations are hard to do from Ramana's native tongue to English directly, same as with Buddhist teachings of old, and the slightest difference (Desire causes suffering instead of Craving for example) can create havoc for the seeker. 

https://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/teachings/instructions/

Ramana Quotes- 

'God dwells in you, as you, and you don't have to 'do' anything to be God-realized or Self-realized, it is already your true and natural state." Just drop all seeking, turn your attention inward, and sacrifice your mind to the One Self radiating in the Heart of your very being. For this to be your own presently lived experience, Self-Inquiry is the one direct and immediate way."

Sri Ramana Maharshi

You and I are the same.

What I have done is surely possible for all.

You are the Self

now and can never be anything else.

Throw your worries to the wind,

turn within and find Peace.

We loosely talk of Self-realization, for lack of a better term.  But how can one realize or make real that which alone is real? All we need to do is to give up our habit of regarding as real that which is unreal. All religious practices are meant solely to help us do this. When we stop regarding the unreal as real, then reality alone will remain, and we will be that.

'I exist' is the only permanent self-evident experience of everyone.  Nothing else is so self-evident as 'I am'. What people call self-evident, that is, the experience they get through the senses, is far from self-evident.  The Self alone is that.  So to do self-inquiry and be that 'I am' is the only thing to do. 'I am' is reality. I am this or that is unreal. 'I am' is truth, another name for Self.

https://hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya-yoga-articles/the-self-inquiry-method-of-ramana-maharshi/

The question comes from silence, and longs to return to that silence. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I´m listening to an audiobook of Ramana, it´s helping tremendously. I had underwhelmed self-inquiry. Thanks for the post 9_9

@Nahm Sneaky stuff. I need to try that paper thing, surely it will bring me to more clarity I hope. Thanks for the wisdom 9_9 I´m doing a LOT of Kundalini breathing pranayama too, and it´s certainly making this "edgier", because I am not doing the relaxations also which are supposed to be done I Think at least with each Pranayama/Asana. I am forcing myself but I am also allowing that lol. Once the "forcing" it´s recoznized as a part of, I don´t feel it "forced". However the ego does some shouting/screaming here and there while doing the Pranayama this days and says it doesn´t exist lol. It seems that this thought whithin awareness actually thinks it has already existed in the past as a "someone"! (but its getting used to the idea slowly that maybe it hasn´t).

@Javfly33 Self-Inquiry leads us to silence, to the ultimate surrender, all of your answers will be found there ;) 

Talking and Information is of course key in certain aspects. but the greatest understandings will be found in silence :) 

Have a fun day of Inquiring, Ramaji (I'm biased) has a good book on Self-Inquiry and Pure Awareness meditation on Amazon, and I'm sure there's LOTS of others, as I said Ramana can sometimes be hard to understand due to the cultural differences and translations. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

When I ask the mind "Who I am", is saying "I". But i fast see this is just a thought. I have 0 evidence there´s actually someone there inside the mind saying "I"!! I entered this morning for some seconds a truly effortless state

I can´t take this, I need to realize what the fuck is happening. I can´t be in that state self-inquiring for 2-3 hours a day and not getting anywhere. 

@Javfly33  Se;f-Inquiry is a 24/7 Inquiry, until you get it, then it becomes effortless abidance as what you are. 

I'd recommend the books I mentioned above, they really helped me. 

I know EXACTLY what you're going through, it's one of the hardest phases of being a seeker.

55 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Javfly33  Se;f-Inquiry is a 24/7 Inquiry, until you get it, then it becomes effortless abidance as what you are. 

I'd recommend the books I mentioned above, they really helped me. 

I know EXACTLY what you're going through, it's one of the hardest phases of being a seeker.

Thanks a lot man, I'll surely check the resources you gave me. 

On 2/29/2020 at 5:18 AM, Barna said:

That's a very good question! 

So how can you ask a question without making the mind active, right? The answer is: you don't ask your mind, you ask your whole being.

It's like asking: What color is my hand? You don't let your mind answer, you just look at your hand and you just watch it.

Or: What's the sound of silence? You don't go to your mind, you just listen to the silence.

This was very helpful

5 hours ago, Mulky said:

This was very helpful

I'm happy to hear that :)