LfcCharlie4

Motivations/ Life Purpose Post Awakening

16 posts in this topic

This is a follow on from the thread about money/ work post-awakening and how it can be expressed in a number of ways. And, why not all motivation comes from Ego, and how this understanding can be expressed in a huge number of ways. A touching watch, Rupert is an incredible example of doing just this, and following his desire to share this understanding through Speaking, Writing and his retreats. 

Teaching Non-duality isn't the only way to express this understanding, it can be expressed in literally any way. A mother/father staying at home raising their children(Imagine how sick being raised by 2 self-realized parents would be, Rupert's kid is so lucky), a schoolteacher, an Entrepreneur, an Animal Rights activist, a Musician, an Athlete, a Comedian. If it comes from a place of love and understanding and a desire to help/entertain others and treat others as they are- your very self- then who's to say it is the 'wrong' way to express the truth of reality. 

Each Body/Mind has a unique set of skills and traits which makes them equipped to different professions and interests, and these should not be denied but expressed and explored. Awakening shows us we have complete freedom to express and be ourselves in any way we see fit, that is the beauty. 

Also, helps make a distinction between relative/ absolute, even though the absolute is all there is. A great paradox as always ;) 

However, as always awakening is the greatest service one can bring to the 'World.' 

Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.”  Ramana Maharshi. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@mandyjw Glad it helped :) This understanding can be expressed beautifully in so many ways. 

Rupert's an amazing teacher, to me, the 'best' Western embodiment of this understanding, as is his teacher Francis. 

What also helped me relate to them, was how 'Normal' they are. I love Ramana and Nisgardatta but it can sometimes be hard to relate as they Eastern Gurus, from Eastern Traditions of the last century, Rupert is a western teacher in modern times who has a Wife, Child and lives in the UK, very relatable :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 It's impossible not to love him. I was recently very interested to learn that he was a potter, because I'm also an artist/craftsman which was my ultimate dream at one point, but I'm losing my passion for it and feeling pulled in another direction. So the video you shared from his website really hit home for me. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

This is a follow on from the thread about money/ work post-awakening and how it can be expressed in a number of ways. And, why not all motivation comes from Ego, and how this understanding can be expressed in a huge number of ways.

Great post brother!!

I think one of the easiest ways to identify whether something is ego-driven or from an awakened heart is to watch the feelings that arise when this motivated action is NOT carried out.

If feelings of guilt or the diminishment of one's sense of self worth arises, it was most likely an egoic motivation tied to social conditioning.

For example my wife gave a homeless man a cheeseburger and told me later that it made her day and made her feel good. Now its true this is a win-win situation as in my wife felt better and the homeless man got a meal. But if you look deep into the actual motivation behind her action you will find something quite startling... I will leave that for another discussion.

Before awakening I remember walking past a homeless man asking for change one time. I just continued walking and the guilt got so bad that I actually turned around and gave him like five bucks or something. I remember feeling like an uncompassionate human and my sense of self-worth felt diminished in that moment.

When your sense of self-worth depends on a certain outcome, action or inaction, you're tied to social conditioning and caught in The Matrix as I like to describe it.

True self Love or Unconditional Love has no conditions. When this Unconditional Love is fully embodied and the ego has fallen away, a sort of disentangling from social conditioning occurs and it's recognized that actually nothing needs to be done... but why not do something?

The paradoxical nature of existence reflects perfection on every level... but then a question arises within THIS perfection. But why not make the world a better place? See you simply cannot go wrong in whatever THIS IS. ❤

Great post brother I thoroughly enjoyed reading have a good day my friend ?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@mandyjw I agree. What are you feeling pulled towards out of interest? :)

@Nahm Yep! Anyone doing what they love, in a way that benefits and inspires others to pursue what they love is doing a selfless act, whether they know it or not! People think AI taking jobs is so terrible, but to me it allows for the jobs that nobody wants to be done for us, so we are free to explore our true passions and purpose.

@VeganAwake <3 Yes man! I loved that story, it's similar to a billionaire donating millions, only to have his name on the plaque of the new hospital! Compared to the guy doing it out of love and to genuinely help the community :) The motivation behind it is key! 

I like to use sports examples as that's one of my passions. 

The guy wanting to be the best footballer in the world for the money, status and recognition it brings. 

Compared to the guy wanting to be the best footballer he can be, help his team the most, all because he loves and enjoys the game so much and wants to help his team as much as possible!

(Same could be said for the coach wanting to solely win for his own ego, and the coach wanting to improve his team as much as possible and become the best and win for the enjoyment of it) 

One coming from an egoic agenda, one coming from love and understanding and joy. 

I could go on and on and on :)

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Yep! Anyone doing what they love, in a way that benefits and inspires others to pursue what they love is doing a selfless act, whether they know it or not! People think AI taking jobs is so terrible, but to me it allows for the jobs that nobody wants to be done for us, so we are free to explore our true passions and purpose.

Right on. Sometimes, I imagine a world where one social worker has one kid. Where teachers have less than thirty kids in a classroom. Where every person has two or three life coaches for different areas of life. Some folks worry about AI, but I think the overall focus, on quality of human life, will keep in the trajectory it always has been. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Sorry I had to ?

Prof Stephen Hawking, one of Britain's pre-eminent scientists, has said that efforts to create thinking machines pose a threat to our very existence.

He told the BBC:

"The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race."

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@LfcCharlie4 Thanks for the post man! Exactly what i needed to hear!

@VeganAwake The same guy who said that we shouldnt look for aliens because they will try to invade us like what the romans did to other tribes.

That dude needed to see DMT Machine elves, and see how loving aliens are.

AI is a tool, can be used for good or bad. What will determine it's results is our level of development as a species.

It's crazy how quickly and out-of-control the advancement and detrimental effects of the improvised explosive devices have became when they get into the wrong hands.

Now they have drones with incredible accuracy dropping missiles and bombs.

It's going to be interesting to see what will arise from artificial intelligence.

But just like with any new technologically advanced threat comes technologically advanced counter-terrorism and combative measures.

14 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@LfcCharlie4 Thanks for the post man! Exactly what i needed to hear!

@VeganAwake The same guy who said that we shouldnt look for aliens because they will try to invade us like what the romans did to other tribes.

That dude needed to see DMT Machine elves, and see how loving aliens are.

AI is a tool, can be used for good or bad. What will determine it's results is our level of development as a species.

True that and our technology is moving much faster than conscious human development currently. 

Picture Iraq Iran and Afghanistan with Terminators ahhh lol

Its Judgment Day rotten westerners Kabbalah la la la la..

(Boom)

It's possible I'm exaggerating the threat a little bit...haha

Edited by VeganAwake

@Nahm  Yep, we're going down a very John Lennon path here! (Someone who lived their purpose but died way too young :( ) 

But, I completely get you, and we will get there one day, whether in our lifetimes or not, that's another question. 

@VeganAwake @electroBeam For as smart as Hawking was, he had his flaws. He also said we are computers that shut down when we die and that's it, seems a very materialist POV, amazing scientist nonetheless! 

I see both sides, AI is basically a tool, in the wrong hands it could wreak havoc, in the right hands it could develop humanity immensely. Maybe, it'll get dystopic before Utopic- who knows :) 

20 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@mandyjw I agree. What are you feeling pulled towards out of interest? :)

I've spent the last year following what I'm passionate about, most could fall under the umbrella of "spirituality", doing a lot of journaling, time in nature, meditation, shadow work when it bubbles up, lots of reading, a little bit of teaching, spending time here on the forum, etc. It's ironic that I worked really hard to get to the point in my life where I have the luxury to even do this, and yet at some point "work" stops feeling productive and becomes avoidance. 

I guess that what greed is is just ourselves not letting us have the thing that we really want. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Sounds like a fun year full of growth :) 

Naturally, we go through periods of time where interests and hobbies drop away during the seeking process and when we are on this journey. However, post-seeking, when there is no need to listen/read more Non-Duality, the bulk of shadow work is worked through (ongoing process forever), and you have 'found' what you were after, the absolute peace and happiness. 

Then, we can begin to express this new understanding through our hobbies, passions, and interests, and even through our work and relationships, in all areas of life. 

So, it's almost like being reborn again as we integrate 'life' into this understand and act, behave and think/ feel with our new understanding, this is the integration work. 

But, maybe, like Rupert you want to express this understanding mainly through Teaching and writing. Or, it could come through your artistry once more. 

However, it doesn't mean you only talk about and think about spirituality. 

Rupert was saying when he's with Francis they literally don't mention a peep about this, as why would they? They have both realized the true nature of their being and aren't teaching at that time, so often he said do normal things, chat about family and play tennis for example. Basically, enjoy life. 

Ramaji and Ananda said on a Satsang how if they weren't teachers (and unless someone asked) they'd also be little need to talk about Non-Duality, they would get on with raising her children, playing Golf, 'normal' things. The ordinary is the extraordinary. 

At the same time, you could just go and become a Yogi/Monk if you wish, that's the point there is absolute freedom to do as you please. And, of course, a full Awakening these activities will come from a place of love and joy, so it's unlikely you'll go around harming or hurting people for example. 

One student even started acting post-awakening, simply for the joy of doing so!! This is what I mean by complete freedom :) 

So, while doing all this you could still have hobbies/ activities etc but you're no longer searching for happiness in them, simply doing them for the fun of it and to express the happiness and joy you feel inside of you. This way we actually have complete freedom and can dive even deeper into our activities, without any resistance and fully enjoy them in the now. Isn't that even more beautiful? 

My advice would be, follow your heart, your intuition and come from a place of love, and do what you love to do for 'work.' But, if you're financially free and secure then you have the freedom and time on a relative level to make this 'choice' or you just go about living life- Freedom is beautiful.