DizIzMikey

Question With Words

7 posts in this topic

Do you think it is possible to obtain silence using words as a catalyst? 

If so.. which would be proper IN YOUR OPINION

"I don't know"

"Awareness Alone Is Curative"

Or

"Why Is It True?"/"Why Are Thoughts And Feelings True?"

@DizIzMikey We can't really stop ourselves talking so maybe!

I think it'd be useful to say "I don't know" to everything because in order to reverse our beliefs we need to understand that actually we don't know them to be true

The other two are probably just as good, especially since awareness is a way to see what's really there so that phrase may help you to stop thinking and start just seeing

@99th_monkey lol true but what I'm wondering is if it can be used as a catalyst to produce silence from within "me" 

it depends, strengthening yourself? its great to question why you feel everything, in fact i recommend it. ALL emotions are a symptom, and you never (i hate to use the word..BUT..) cure anything by treating the symptoms, gotta find the cause, and asking yourself WHY you feel a certain way is a great way to shine light on your un-cognized mind, keyword there is mind. so just know what realm you're playing around in  even if its "silent" :) which it wont be because you're fundamentally asking how to use mind to silent itself. like shooting a gun to get it to not go bang.

This is what the "ohm"  in traditional meditation is for.  Also reciting passages as a penance in Catholicism.  Its to clear your mind.  Composing instrumental music does a pretty good job of clearing your mind of words, even if it's just tapping on a table or beatboxing a simple drumbeat (boom boom ch) . 

Edited by Bronsoval

On 6/20/2016 at 6:03 PM, DizIzMikey said:

Do you think it is possible to obtain silence using words as a catalyst? 

If so.. which would be proper IN YOUR OPINION

"I don't know"

"Awareness Alone Is Curative"

Or

"Why Is It True?"/"Why Are Thoughts And Feelings True?"

why are you seeking silence, it doesnt exist