TheAvatarState

Minecraft: End Poem

7 posts in this topic

Minecraft is more than just a game. Much more. It is an interactive allegory for the dream we call life. And it is so beautiful...

While Minecraft is an endless game of infinite possibility (just like life), there is an "end" baked the game. Starting the game with absolutely nothing, over time you gather resources to craft increasingly powerful items. After many hours of play, if you know what you're doing, you can gather the resources to create a portal to "The End," a separate dimension from the "overworld" where you started. Upon traveling to The End for the first time, you spawn on a platform where you must fight a giant dragon. Notice that this is a reference to The Hero's Journey, where the dragon is a metaphor for the final boss. After you slay the dragon, you drop down into another portal back to the overworld to continue your infinite journey... but not until The End Poem plays back to you. And boy, this caught me by surprise. It's a deep and moving metaphysical poem about two unknown beings (presumed to be of a higher dimension, or gods) conversing. As the player, you realize that these two beings have been with you all the time, but only now are you aware of their presence and thoughts. 

Let's think about this for a moment. At the end of Minecraft, the most popular PC game of all time, is a metaphysical poem about dreams, love, nonduality, and the infinitude of the universe. All lining up with the work of actualized.org and eastern spirituality. Excuse me, but WHAT THE FUCK?!?! Only those on the path are open to considering and understanding the deep truths found within... Truly fascinating. Since "beating" the game yesterday, I've browsed the web for other people's reactions, and it shouldn't be a surprise to you that 95% of gamers hated the ending or totally misunderstood it. And even those that "got it" didn't REALLY get it. Doesn't the universe speak to us in the most amazing ways?

Even if you've never played Minecraft, Please please please watch the ending. Trust me, it will speak to you and uplift you. P.S. I looked up who wrote the poem, and it wasn't Notch, the famous developer who created the game. He hired Julian Gough to write the ending, based off Julian's short story "iHole," which is a brilliant satire worth reading. I just ordered his latest book called "Connect," which appears to be a riveting work well ahead of its time. Once you read the End Poem, you'll know that Julian isn't your run-of-the-mill fiction writer. He can't be.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Wow I didn´t know this about Minecraft . I thought it was just a stupid game. That was a surprise, definetely you can never judge a book by its cover O.o

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Julian Gough is a great writer. I think you'll enjoy "Connect". It's a little bitter-sweet for me since I don't have a romantic life.

Funnily enough, there's a chapter in the book titled, "The Map And The Territory".

3 hours ago, Gnosis said:

It's a little bitter-sweet for me since I don't have a romantic life.

Me neither, yet. Oof.

3 hours ago, Gnosis said:

Funnily enough, there's a chapter in the book titled, "The Map And The Territory".

Hahaha, I have a feeling I'll enjoy it. It came today!!!

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Wow I didn´t know this about Minecraft . I thought it was just a stupid game.

The Truth is all around you... just waiting for you to take the call...

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@TheAvatarState I’m with you on this 100%. It is mind blowing. 

Leo has posed this question before: "What would a stage Turquoise video game look like?" It really got me thinking about the potential of VR to raise consciousness. I've witnessed Android Jones make visionary artwork in real-time using VR... I think the potential is there in the near future to create an experience completely unprecedented. Something that bends your perception in such a way, that it makes you question what you really are. A psychedelic-like experience induced in VR, in conjunction with audio, that can reach a much wider audience much faster than psychedelics can right now. I just wonder who would research and develop such an application... Imagine VR booths around the globe that get people to think deeper about reality. I think it would be immensely popular if done right, because people are drawn to novel experiences. The main barriers to raising consciousness are governmentally banned substances, and that will take decades to have a noticeable impact worldwide. But VR booths like these could have a mass market in 5-10 years. No barriers, AND it would make a shit ton of money. Can you envision what I'm talking about?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState For sure. I could see something like ‘perception therapy’, changing thought patterns. Seems a matter of how fast it unfolds.  Also, on Minecraft...creative vs survival...lot communicated there too...as well as that they are the same ‘game’.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've never played but my son came and showed me that one day and I was blown away. True creativity comes from the one place. There are a lot of double deeper meanings in song lyrics and creative works if you have eyes to see and ears to hear.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost