Rasheed

Question about Osho's 91 Rolls-Royces

18 posts in this topic

• Why did Osho have his 91 rolls-royces? 

He was awake. Most enlightened people, don't go after material possesions. Not even one luxuryy car. He had 91 of them. WTF?

Can someone explain, what's up with this? Confused...o.O

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

He answered this question lots of time, basically, he is an eccentric figure, unpredictable. Part of his teachings keeps turning around the theme of the meaningless of raw reality and that opposed to our view of reality full of self-bias for survival purposes. He also loved tantra that is basically: embrace all feelings, fuck guilt and shame, there is no right or wrong, love, dance, enjoy life because that's why we are here, to experience all of it, including sex and luxury. 

He also loved attention and being that wild, unconquerable, random, unpredictable sage. It was part of his personality, he loved to mess with people's minds, especially to fuck with peoples certainties like the behaviors that they think a guru should have. 

It is a valid way to wake people up out of their conditioned thinking. 

im reading now his book - Trust

basicly he had the same problem as any mystic - which is explaining something that is beyond words in a language that is finite but understandable for people

so even tho he use some words - those words have different meaning for him

probably quite often misunderstood

It doesn’t matter who you are, or how conscious and awake you are, the laws and rules of this reality apply to all humans.  You can “touch” nothingness, “touch” God consciousness, have out of body experiences, travel to other dimensions and dream states, but you will always return to the laws and rules of this physical reality, period.  

You can delude your self all you want thinking you can escape your historical and present thoughts, beliefs, emotions, traumas, physical and mental behaviours, patterns, needs, wants, desires, diseases without doing the work.

The work doesn’t mean just using psychedelics, teacher plants, meditation, and yoga. Once you have experienced and touched nothingness, the void, realized that this is all an illusional, that you are all alone, a state of pure and complete silence you will eventually realize this is just the tip of the iceberg.

You are here in this physical reality not only to reach higher levels of consciousness, but also to master the 5 aspects of this physical reality which are the mental, physical, emotional, spiritual and your sexual life force energy (Chi). 

Being present in the now, fully conscious and awake, enlightened every nano second in this reality of time and space is almost impossible to do without mastering the 5 aspects I have mentioned above.  Eckhart Tolle may have mastered the mental and emotional aspects, but he, in all likelihood, has not mastered his physical body, as an example.

Osho, Eckhart Tolle, Dalai Lama, Leo, and all the countless other gurus are just as human as you and I are and they must all “master the 5 aspects of physical reality” to be free of any and all attachments and effects of this physical dream state. 

Anyone that tells you, or leads you to believe that they have “FULLY Embodied God consciousness” is full of shit and is delusional.  

Just a few thoughts and beliefs!

14 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

im reading now his book - Trust

basicly he had the same problem as any mystic - which is explaining something that is beyond words in a language that is finite but understandable for people

so even tho he use some words - those words have different meaning for him

probably quite often misunderstood

What do you think of that book?

His book The Buddha Said was one of the best reads of my life. 

Thanks for great perspectives guys.  Very helpful.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

He was so enlightened he realized there are no right or wrongs, these are illusory concepts. How you live, love and enjoy life is all that matters that projects the reality you experience. Everything else is mind/illusory. Being is beyond mind, beyond knowing, being is beyond doing thus beyond laws of cause and effect or any laws for that matter.

B R E A T H E

@Bill W

I enjoy his style showing the abusurdity of the condition of the human mind, I somtimes laught while reading it.
He tries to explain pardoxes, which is not easy,
some of his metaphors, alegories and analogies are simply brilliant.

If you didn't have the direct experience of that paradox probably reading won't help, you lack mental framework to grasp it, you create just an idea, that is how it works from my experience with PUA and understanding how some of the attraction paradoxes works,  
it's better otherwsie, you expirence the paradox - then you put that into context and gain deeper understanding, You won't even belief in some things without self experience reference point, the mind will block that out, as not that is not possible.
I assume it works the same way in spirituality. 

He pointed that too in the book, the cognition is the only thing that matters, rest is just accumulation knowledge from the outside, which is just junk in the mind.

I found one thing to be missaccrued, he said that animals don't make wars - only humans do, kind of pointing at the ego I guess,
but as far I as I know chimpanzees have wars too, it's not just human trait, but I guess I graps what he meant overall

anyway he is bluntly honest - he doesn't make guru from himself
he clearly says there is no any savior and there will never be,
is a chilidish need to be protected by a father - it has nothing to do with real god, he can't make you awaken, it's your job, you have freedom to do it, you have choice 

there is nothing new I guess in the book - it's same thing being told in different shades of lights, by words
like in all spirutal text books - if you're really think about - it's all the same thing - yet somehow we still won't get it

I am not at the level o trust - 
I am full of doubts - but is better to be autenticlly doubtful
than a fake believer or a dogma keeper out of fear.
I am rational - I don't trust heart and emotions, if I would be honest with myself
I think life is a failure as a default, until you put effort to fix, but even then there is no guarantee to succeed in life
so how can I trust in that conditions :)
I still want to win 

In general the problem I have with his books is that they are great in the moment, teaching seems to be so obvious
but when I try to recall it, what I have read or tell someone else what it was about - I have very hard time to do it

unfortunately that title you mentioned is not published in my country  :/  I will need to purchase english version one day ;) 
definitely will read it, unless existence decided not give me more time xD you can never be sure

Edited by OmniYoga

@Rasheed you can be enlightened and be any of the following:

right handed

left handed

gay

straight

blind

a dancer

a singer

a drummer

a card magician

a cars salesman

a truck driver

a scuba diving instructor

a tv mechanic - who is a serial killer and kills 3 people a month on average.

don't project what enlightenment will cause someone to do or be

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

On 2/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, DLH said:

It doesn’t matter who you are, or how conscious and awake you are, the laws and rules of this reality apply to all humans.  You can “touch” nothingness, “touch” God consciousness, have out of body experiences, travel to other dimensions and dream states, but you will always return to the laws and rules of this physical reality, period.  

You can delude your self all you want thinking you can escape your historical and present thoughts, beliefs, emotions, traumas, physical and mental behaviours, patterns, needs, wants, desires, diseases without doing the work.

The work doesn’t mean just using psychedelics, teacher plants, meditation, and yoga. Once you have experienced and touched nothingness, the void, realized that this is all an illusional, that you are all alone, a state of pure and complete silence you will eventually realize this is just the tip of the iceberg.

You are here in this physical reality not only to reach higher levels of consciousness, but also to master the 5 aspects of this physical reality which are the mental, physical, emotional, spiritual and your sexual life force energy (Chi). 

Being present in the now, fully conscious and awake, enlightened every nano second in this reality of time and space is almost impossible to do without mastering the 5 aspects I have mentioned above.  Eckhart Tolle may have mastered the mental and emotional aspects, but he, in all likelihood, has not mastered his physical body, as an example.

Osho, Eckhart Tolle, Dalai Lama, Leo, and all the countless other gurus are just as human as you and I are and they must all “master the 5 aspects of physical reality” to be free of any and all attachments and effects of this physical dream state. 

Anyone that tells you, or leads you to believe that they have “FULLY Embodied God consciousness” is full of shit and is delusional.  

Just a few thoughts and beliefs!

What do you mean by mastering physical body? 

On 2/2/2020 at 1:34 PM, Rasheed said:
  • Why did Osho have his 91 rolls-royces? 

He was awake. Most enlightened people, don't go after material possesions. Not even one luxuryy car. He had 91 of them. WTF?

Can someone explain, what's up with this? Confused...o.O

What is wrong with Osho? He liked to play the BIG GURU game. That was his fetish, and he played his game well.

Ramana's fetish was wearing a little loincloth and roam around Arunachala without having any personal belongings. Leo's fetish is taking drugs and dropping knowledge bombs in front of a camera. So on and so forth.

People come, play out their respective fetishes and return home after the game is played. No need to be distraught over it my friend.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

He having Rolls Royces was a mock to consumerism, but few people catcheed the meaning.

Osho aware of the illusion, was advocate to play the game. Opposite to sages and gurus who live in a cave or monastery in austerity he considered that life has to be fully immersing in beauty, hedonism and luxury.

why not?

26 minutes ago, Preetom said:

What is wrong with Osho? He liked to play the BIG GURU game. That was his fetish, and he played his game well.

Ramana's fetish was wearing a little loincloth and roam around Arunachala without having any personal belongings. Leo's fetish is taking drugs and dropping knowledge bombs in front of a camera. So on and so forth.

People come, play out their respective fetishes and return home after the game is played. No need to be distraught over it my friend.

That's right! No need to be distraught. Wonderfully said.

3 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Rasheed you can be enlightened and be any of the following:

right handed

left handed

gay

straight

blind

a dancer

a singer

a drummer

a card magician

a cars salesman

a truck driver

a scuba diving instructor

a tv mechanic - who is a serial killer and kills 3 people a month on average.

don't project what enlightenment will cause someone to do or be

That's right--don't project. That's all you.

23 hours ago, Preetom said:

In Osho's case, was not that his ego driving him? I think, that could have been the case...

What you said about Leo, I understand what you are saying, but I don't think that way. I did not see that, in Leo's newest videos. Those videos were very pasionate and deeply resonated with me. I do not think, that is Leo's fetish. If some newbie comes to this post, and reads your comment that Leo takes drugs and then goes and makes videos, that would be very misleading.

23 hours ago, Moreira said:

He having Rolls Royces was a mock to consumerism, but few people catcheed the meaning.

Osho aware of the illusion, was advocate to play the game. Opposite to sages and gurus who live in a cave or monastery in austerity he considered that life has to be fully immersing in beauty, hedonism and luxury.

why not?

I understand that point of view, but at the same time, sometimes I think: Is not that being a hypocrite

What would our reaction would be, if Ecohart Tolle, Leo, or some other spiritual teacher, did that? Imagine Eckhart Tolle, on lamborghini with young girls in red panties, having a red panty night...

I don't know if this is true or not, but I wonder if when someone awakens that what they were repressing comes to the surface, like *POOF*. They experience wholeness in that moment, but the mind really "notices" the things that it was previously rejecting or not accepting about itself. Then the mind patterns and identification come back in and the mind sometimes makes false idols out of these very things. Instead of resolving, integrating and dissolving them it grasps them because the mind grasps and because it's like  chick hatching from an egg that thinks the first thing it sees is its Mommy. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 hours ago, Rasheed said:

In Osho's case, was not that his ego driving him? I think, that could have been the case...

What you said about Leo, I understand what you are saying, but I don't think that way. I did not see that, in Leo's newest videos. Those videos were very pasionate and deeply resonated with me. I do not think, that is Leo's fetish. If some newbie comes to this post, and reads your comment that Leo takes drugs and then goes and makes videos, that would be very misleading.

I understand that point of view, but at the same time, sometimes I think: Is not that being a hypocrite

What would our reaction would be, if Ecohart Tolle, Leo, or some other spiritual teacher, did that? Imagine Eckhart Tolle, on lamborghini with young girls in red panties, having a red panty night...

Haha whats so wrong with red panty nights, fast cars and so on? xD

Loose that tight grip of labels and judgments my friend. And relax. Perhaps one of the roles of spiritual teachers is to trigger your hidden, sneaky patterns and ways of interpreting things. I am neither justifying nor rejecting Osho. Dude had sum fun and now one with the soil of this planet. It is not about Osho. Instead introspect about why you create patterns of interpreting things that make YOU disturbed in the first place :)

And please don't get me wrong. I didn't use the word 'drug' in a pejorative sense. The food you eat is  drug, the beverage you drink is drug, the air you breathe is drug, the sex you have with your partner or alone is drug..so on and so forth. EVERYTHING is a drug if you choose to view things through Chemistry.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''