Mppdidi

Decelerate

5 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

most of the times im on edge even without external stimuli. My mind ist constantly wandering, emotions wash over like a river. I was thinking on how to slow down my brain and heartbeat ( without drugs ) to get back to a calm and present state of mind / soul. I'd love to hear your ideas and methods that work for you. My long term goal is to regain that calm state in everyday life situations ( better dealing with stress and distraction ).

All the best :D

13 minutes ago, Mppdidi said:

Hey everybody,

most of the times im on edge even without external stimuli. My mind ist constantly wandering, emotions wash over like a river. I was thinking on how to slow down my brain and heartbeat ( without drugs ) to get back to a calm and present state of mind / soul. I'd love to hear your ideas and methods that work for you. My long term goal is to regain that calm state in everyday life situations ( better dealing with stress and distraction ).

All the best :D

evolution of your consciousness is the permanent cure, living in the moment, staying out of the past and the future will help.  start looking at what got you this way.

This is what emotions do, this is the nature of thought, don't get caught up in the endless battle of trying to get rid of them. You can however change your perception and where your focus lies. When you focus on calmness and slowing down, you will feel something change - You can probably improve all areas of your life little by little: healthier sleep schedule, healthier diet, lifestyle minimalism, mindfulness, meditation, exercise, general kindness/love. Leo covers most of these extensively. I would start with his most recent video: 

all of this will give you more calmness than you will ever need, not to mention change your whole life for the better! 

@Mppdidi I tame 'my monkey' mind with meditation, practicing mindfulness, staying in the present moment. Do these things consistently every day to develop a habit of it. Leo's latest video 'Meditation For Beginners' will help you get going. 

Doing some deeper digging i came across Jed McKenna ( how on earth did i miss that one ). It's the naked truth and i'm glad i got the chance to finally have the courage to pick up the trail that's been shadowing me all the time.

... this is it.

I was moved , crying and laughing at the same time. Finally someone brought up this topic in my life in way that is completely compatible with me. It's dark, funny serious and last bot not least - TRUE.