silhim

I want to start meditation

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I'm wondering how to start meditation properly.

I watched Leos "Guided Meditation - The Next Level Of Meditation"

and followed the instructions. I felt really calm doing this, which is, I guess, the right feeling.

So, is it a good idea to do this guided meditation only to get the right feeling about meditation or should I start diffently?

The video you are refering to is meant for slightly more advanced practitioners of meditation. The one I linked here is for actual beginners. I suggest you watch this one and start from there.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. ;)

If you are serious about meditation I recommend the book "The mind illuminated" by Culadasa to you. It is definitely the best book about meditation I read so far. 

You can also find a lot of infos about the TMI System here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMindIlluminated/

Edited by Gneh Onebar

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

try different things and see what works for you. I just sit.

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

...in my opinion, if your putting some chips on the table (metaphorically), you might as well take the game seriously and go all in. Why not do the most powerful techniques? Doing the powerful techniques makes you better at doing more powerful techniques.

Follow your intuition most importantly. Get involved in kryia yoga (message me if you want to know where to buy the book for it) start doing self enquiry and try to get up to an hour a day with one or both practises (possibly half hour each practise, that's what I do). Why not use the best techniques?