King Merk

Kobe Bryant is Dead

70 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

I wonder why we all care so much about this one famous person and yet not the millions of others dying from things that are just as horrible?
Humans are such shallow creatures.

You only ever care about yourself, what you define your "self" as determines what or who else you care about. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

34 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

I wonder why we all care so much about this one famous person and yet not the millions of others dying from things that are just as horrible?
Humans are such shallow creatures.

It’s all about survival. Kobe benefitted my survival. He provided value to ME. 

I don’t give a shit about the millions of other people dying on a regular basis because they provided no value to my life.

Why do you like Leo? Or anyone else for that matter? Because they provide YOU value. They benefit YOUR survival. 

At the end of the day, I’m all I care about. You’re the same way. 

Survival aka self preservation is the core mechanism of the mind. Don’t act like you’re above this. You’re correct; we human are shallow, selfish, and devilish creatures.

It is what it is??‍♂️

The game of survival cannot be won. 

2 minutes ago, King Merk said:

It is what it is

Or, you could stop being a devil.

Of course a devil doesn't even consider that option ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Death of a famous person reminds the death of one’s one.  Most people don’t even care about basketball but they are “shook”. It is just inconvenient thought that we can lose our lives and our loved ones, at any moment. Even civilization could be wiped out at any moment by a cosmic “accident”. 

@BigDogRaven I have been following Leo's content for years but made an account a week ago so Im new here as well. Glad that you got something of value from my post :)

Yes and you are full of shit too , with your reasons of why! :D 

I can bet that his life , or death did not effect most of you in any way , 

4 hours ago, King Merk said:

It’s all about survival. Kobe benefitted my survival. He provided value to ME. 

I don’t give a shit about the millions of other people dying on a regular basis because they provided no value to my life.

Why do you like Leo? Or anyone else for that matter? Because they provide YOU value. They benefit YOUR survival. 

At the end of the day, I’m all I care about. You’re the same way. 

Survival aka self preservation is the core mechanism of the mind. Don’t act like you’re above this. You’re correct; we human are shallow, selfish, and devilish creatures.

It is what it is??‍♂️

I think you are confusing survival and life with feelings. Have a look at this below and tell me it doesn't read a bit more accurate?

It’s all about my feelings. Kobe benefitted my feelings. He provided value to ME and my feelings.

I don’t give a shit about the millions of other people dying on a regular basis because they provided no value to my feelings.

Why do you like Leo? Or anyone else for that matter? Because they provide YOU value. They benefit YOUR feelings. 

At the end of the day, my feelings is all I care about. You’re the same way. 

On 27.1.2020 at 5:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

Ugh...

I have always hated helicopters. They are too gimmicky. Could fall out of the sky at any moment.

Quite tragic. He will go down as one of the greats.

Note to all aspiring rich people: when you get rich, don't buy a helicopter.

But I guess lots of people die in cars too. But in a helicopter if that engine goes out, you're truly fucked. There's no gliding your way down.

Cars are more dangerous then helicopters

1 hour ago, Thewritersunion said:

@Leo Gura have you seen his businesses? Media, sports, investments, the whole thing.

Yes, all built on throwing a ball into a basket. No ball, no basket, no business, no fans, no love.

57 minutes ago, Muhammad said:

Cars are more dangerous then helicopters

Only because there's so few helicopters.

Imagine 5 million helicopters flying over Los Angeles O.o

@Bill W you don’t understand the magnitude of which the need to survive drives your life.

Feelings are a means by which the agenda of self survival is maintained.

Survival precedes feelings

The game of survival cannot be won. 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Below are estimated death indexes for various modes of travel, with some caveats.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/are-helicopters-safe-how-they-stack-up-against-planes-cars-and-trains/

Not adjusted for volume.

Cars are unsafe not because they are unsafe, but because there is so many of them.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Not adjusted for volume.

Cars are unsafe not because they are unsafe, but because there is so many of them.

My understanding is they tried to estimate death risk relative to distance traveled:

"Here’s the full ranking of how much more likely you are to die, roughly, by traveling a similar distance in the U.S. on each mode of transportation"

So if someone traveled 100 miles via car, they would have a 7X higher risk of death than traveling 100 miles via helicopter. 

This higher risk could be due to there being so many cars on the road. For example, if someone drove 100 miles in a car and they were the only car on the road, the risk of death would be much reduced. Likely below a helicopter. Is that the point?

27 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

So if someone traveled 100 miles via car, they would have a 7X higher risk of death than traveling 100 miles via helicopter.

Because there are 1000x less helicopters than cars in that 100 mile area.

Helicopters are an elite mode of transport, like how carriages used to be. If you are the only one driving around in a carriage because you're so rich only you can afford it, then yeah, you'll be very safe. Until everyone else gets a horse-less carriage.

Can you feel it? that energy? insanity, a miracle worker on the court, what a godhead for basketball <3 

Edited by DrewNows

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

what a godhead for basketball

An avatar for basketball.

The Godhead doesn't play basketball since it is absolutely formless.

Look up the definition of "avatar".

@Leo Gura I was talking about his energy (the creativity) on the court...he's often either hated or loved, like jesus :P