Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wk197

Is guided meditation just as good as non guided meditation?

5 posts in this topic

Even though im not sure if meditation is for me as Leo said something along the lines that consciousness work should ideally start when you have your basic life/needs in order with basic self help or consciousness work won't be efficient.

Regardless I'm asking if guided meditation is as efficient as normal meditation. 

Depends, some are good in the sense that they guide your mind into the right ways. On the other hand its another source of stimulation, thats why its a bit of a beginners thing.

who knows but I think guided meditations can really guide you to see things that may have taken a lot longer than they would have before, I love rupert spiras guided meditations and I also love doing short little meditations while I wait for water to boil or the bus to arrive or if I wake up in the middle of the night...

and also eckhart tolle was on the verge of committing suicide when he became enlightened so maybe it's great to have your life in order first but maybe not 

Guided meditation is great to start with. You can experiment to find the right on for you and when you start to nail it then you do the same technique on your own. That is how i started out 5 years ago. Just stick with one at first and after a while you can add on like self-inquiry and so on.

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

Nothingness guided me well. Or effortlessness. For me the intuitive sense of the guru's guidance is the most powerful