Heart of Space

Enlightenment Work Can Be A Bit Tiresome

55 posts in this topic

@Heart of Space  I have a similar problem as you, and I think that's the problem of most of us who are seeking self-realization.

I think Suzuki could be a good read for you, Beginners Mind Zen Mind is awesome. This is one chapter that I found very useful about "seeking" enlightenment.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

8 hours ago, Ayla said:

You are none of that. There is a mind there, linked to some cells that are called neurons, that have a "known" path to manifest that way. This is as clear as clear can be. There is A mind and A body. All you need to do is to find through direct experience right this moment, if there is a director of them in any way shape or form. One of the key questions here is: "Asides a THOUGHT, what tells you that that mind and that body are YOU?" and " If you are not THOSE, who are you? where are your limits? Where do you see those from?" If you are somewhere OUT there and cannot be grasped, how the heck can that be YOU? .... 

;) 

So, I've gotten to the point where I can see that I'm an illusion, but I have a problem.  Whenever I try "to be," or put my attention on awareness itself I get all these concepts that pop up of what that should be.  Should I just keep flattening the illusions of these concepts and images in my mind to progress?  I can't see what's already there, fuck this is hard, ese. 

22 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Heart of Space  I have a similar problem as you, and I think that's the problem of most of us who are seeking self-realization.

I think Suzuki could be a good read for you, Beginners Mind Zen Mind is awesome. This is one chapter that I found very useful about "seeking" enlightenment.

"I came, I returned, it was nothing special"

I laughed out loud at this.  Great video.  I think I'm starting to see my errors.  I'm expecting something and I've even fooled myself to think that I'm not expecting something, but I'm still conceptualizing expecting nothing.  This is such difficult work for a lowly human with a small amount of self-awareness.

2 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

"I came, I returned, it was nothing special"

I laughed out loud at this.  Great video.  I think I'm starting to see my errors.  I'm expecting something and I've even fooled myself to think that I'm not expecting something, but I'm still conceptualizing expecting nothing.  This is such difficult work for a lowly human with a small amount of self-awareness.

Don't think you are lowly human, you are not!

-_-

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Heart of Space Listen to this very carefully and you will find the answer to what you really are

Edited by cetus56

quote-rather-than-continuing-to-seek-the-truth-simply-let-go-of-your-views-buddha-214506.jpg

27 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Heart of Space Listen to this very carefully and you will find the answer to what you really are

That's really all it is?  I've seen this before.  My thoughts and feelings are things, which are wrapped in a skin tight nothing and I am that nothing, not the content of that thing.  Lol, it really is pretty simple then.  I've already had the realization, I just didn't know that was what people meant by enlightenment. 

If that's really it, then there are a lot of people that are simply full of shit and shouldn't be talking about the subject.  This is really super easy and simple to see.  You could meditate for a few months and probably nail this no problem. 

Edited by Heart of Space

1 hour ago, Heart of Space said:

So, I've gotten to the point where I can see that I'm an illusion, but I have a problem. 

Can an illusion have a problem? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

8 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Heart of Space When you had the realization, it was a seeing through the illusion of self?

I probably haven't had the full realization, but that video really helped.  Because I've somewhat seen through the illusion of self.  I still find myself attributing things to "I" that is false, so I'm not fully realized.  But I have had the experience of seeing that my feelings are literally just nothing taking the form of that feeling or "layering" over it in a skin tight way.  It's hard to put into words.  But yes, you're the nothing, not the thing.  Still, I feel I'm pretty caught up in the illusion of self.

Now I feel like I can fully cut out all the seeking and journeying to find this so called state of enlightenment.  Cut out the extra nonsense so to speak. 

Edited by Heart of Space

@Heart of Space  Drop it!

:D

You may be right at the breaking point. The ah-ha moment as it's called. The first time experiencing it, I felt like a freaking ghost. Everything I ever related to as being "ME" was suddenly gone.

17 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

probably haven't had the full realization, but that video really helped.  Because I've somewhat seen through the illusion of self. 

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

You may be right at the breaking point. The ah-ha moment as it's called. The first time experiencing it, I felt like a freaking ghost. Everything I ever related to as being "ME" was suddenly gone.

Yea, I feel that too.  I know now exactly what I have to do.  Drop the illusion of self.  Previous to this I was seeking, conceptualizing, then I realized I can't conceptualize, but then I was conceptualizing about not conceptualizing about nothing.  Making it way more complicated then it is. 

Thanks guys and gals, ya'll have been great teachers.  :D

Edited by Heart of Space

It is very very simple and you already know it. It is something that would be an exaggeration to be surprised about. It's that much that you already know it. You cannot find it. It is there always. 

Just that says a lot about the atitude you should take about it. You go there, you see it and come back with only one difference. Now, your body mind knows it. It believes it like it believes sense perception exists.

I do like to intellectualize quite a lot. Your desire for truth has to be greater than the need to intellectualize. At the same time what do you have a desire for? You have a deep desire for something you fooled yourself you don't know yet you know it more than anything. You have to have a deep desire to get something that is outside what you conventionaly now know. Can you sit there and believe nothing is going to happen but I am absolutely intentful to break this? It takes a courage to make that decision with a promise to yourself that you will not be sitting and blessing out for the sake of having intended to break it.

Edited by Phrae

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

On 6/13/2016 at 11:52 AM, Heart of Space said:

You could meditate for a few months and probably nail this no problem. 

Leo's guided meditation for creating an experience of no-self in his Spiritual Enlightenment part 3 video can help you do that.