LfcCharlie4

Is There an Ego After Enlightenment.....?

56 posts in this topic

@VeganAwake Stick to your account, please. Actually, drop all this acting play for once. You have an old pattern of promoting your content through lies. Consider this a warning.

unborn Truth

And what lies are those my friend. I'm pretty sure I can quit well backup everything I've ever discussed on this forum. Why do you think I'm acting or playing? 

That last post was a joke to try to get some laughs. I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to be a jerk it was out of fun.. guess it was bad timing... I was trying to lighten the mood ❤

I use videos that I've watched and listened to because I do not need to reinvent the wheel and spend an hour typing a message... a lot of times the videos I post are describing exactly that of my own experience.

I do not discuss anything on here that I have not personally experienced. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

I like what you said here but you cannot switch back to the point of view of the Separate piece when the illusion is completely seen through...

The separate self is completely recognized to be an illusion...

the illusion of the Separate piece never tricks you again... the ignorance is dispelled completely. ❤

There is a distinction to be made here between taking the pov of separation and being tricked by it. This is why I mentioned there is more context when you enter the pov of the piece again. 

To know oneness is to also know separation. 

Treating the pov of oneness and separation as separate is only half the story but communication is hard. 

I'm sure you already know this. Just clarifying. 

Edited by Shadowraix

42 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

That last post was a joke to try to get some laughs.

I didn't take it as a joke either. I thought you were serious. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I didn't take it as a joke either. I thought you were serious. 

yes I honestly thought this portion would be a dead giveaway that it was a joke: ❤ 

I was thinking about changing my profile name from VeganAwake to Duality Police

I wanted to see what you guys thought first before making any super important complex choices.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

yes I honestly thought this portion would be a dead giveaway that it was a joke: ❤ 

I was thinking about changing my profile name from VeganAwake to Duality Police

I wanted to see what you guys thought first before making any super important complex choices.

I could see you wanting your name to now be "Duality Police". So, no, not a dead give away. Sorry.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

13 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I could see you wanting your name to now be "Duality Police". So, no, not a dead give away. Sorry.

Sorry lol...you are my favorite ?

Watch from 45 sec on 

@VeganAwake Perhaps you need to work on your joke delivery or the punch line or say, "just kidding". It's not coming across as joking.

The material on this forum is rather serious, usually, wouldn't you say? So, the reader isn't going to assume you are kidding or joking.

Anyways, I love Robin Williams and that's a funny scene.

31 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

...you are my favorite ?

Trying to get on my good side? I don't have one... Lol. Jk

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Inliytened1 

Non Duality= Duality.

Yes, this is the final duality to collapse.  It is the duality of duality vs non-duality.  It is the duality of everything vs nothing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

It really doesn't matter what you call it. You could call the ego dirty underwear if you want.

The ego quite literally is the mechanism or mind created program that makes you feel separate lacking or incomplete. You can always recognize dirty underwear for its desire to attain more, more more more money more power more love more of everything.

It's my personal belief that dirty underwear subconsciously knows it isn't real so it constantly seeks outside of itself for completion ...Weather its by money, power, love whatever... it's never satisfied, it keeps you running on the hamster wheel forever because it wants to find something to complete it, and perpetuate the belief its reality... but the problem is, it isn't real lol.

Liberation is quite literally describing the freedom from the egoic self agenda that runs a human being around endlessly making it feel like something needs to be done.

When it's recognized that everything is already perfect the ego is out of a job and it deflates on its own.❤

Thanks for sharing this channel. Enjoyed those 2 videos. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise ❤ your very welcome ?

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@VeganAwake dat pretty boy  Aaron ain't enlightened!! Jk :)❤

Is it because he doesn't have a beard and talk slow enough? Hehe joking..

He grew up as a hardcore Christian ...pretty interesting story..

He's not vegan though so that's a huge area for improvement...

That was another joke ?

2 hours ago, Anna1 said:

@VeganAwake Perhaps you need to work on your joke delivery or the punch line or say, "just kidding". It's not coming across as joking.

The material on this forum is rather serious, usually, wouldn't you say? So, the reader isn't going to assume you are kidding or joking.

Anyways, I love Robin Williams and that's a funny scene.

Trying to get on my good side? I don't have one... Lol. Jk

Those are good ideas and advice thank you ❤

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I want to post some relevant quotes that are to the point and in my frame of reference resolve some disparities which have been expressed. In case anyone finds it of interest.

Relating Without Object Relations 

The Pearl beyond price can relate in a personal way without the need to activate past object relations. So its capacity is not only innate but also natural and spontaneous.

It is Possible to Experience Egoless Beingness

Thus it is possible to experience egoless beingness, to be, as a substantial presence that is not a mental construct, and still live a human, personal life, in which love, work, knowledge, creativity and accomplishment make sense, a human sense. This true existence, this presence, this being beyond time that makes sense of human and personal life, is the Personal Essence. It is the reality of which ego is only a reflection. It is the truly integrated and developed human being. This is the beautiful presence that the traditional literature of work schools calls the “pearl beyond price.” The experience of universal impersonality of ultimate reality occurs when the separate individuality is transcended, when the separate individuality is seen not to be our true self. But this is the result of transcending the personality in its totality. Something different happens when we investigate the personality’s manifestations in more detail, exploring the hidden essential truth within it. The ego is a reflection of this true element of Being, the Personal Essence, and exploring the characteristics of the reflection can lead us to the reality being reflected. By isolating and understanding the elements of the false, we can begin to approach the elements of the real.

The Essential Structure that the Soul Develops as She Metabolizes and Transcends her Ego Structure 

The pearl can also be seen as the essential structure that the soul develops as she metabolizes and transcends her ego structure. Ego structure gives the ego-self the sense of being an autonomous and unique individual. But this structure is constructed through fixed mental impressions in the soul; hence it both dissociates her from her essential ground and limits her development because of its rigidity and fixation. The essential pearl provides the soul with a sense of individuality and personhood that does not depend on fixed impressions, but on spontaneously arising forms of essential presence that structure her experience of herself and give her the capacity to function as a person. The soul matures and transforms into a person of essence. However, the qualities and actions of this person are quite fluid and flexible and are objective responses resonant to the needs and inputs of the environment.

The Pearl is an Ontological Presence

The pearl is the real, complete, balanced, and rounded personality that psychologists believe they are talking about when they are discussing the ego. We must remember that the ego is a structure, or structured process, whereas the pearl is Essence, which means the pearl is an ontological Presence. We call it the Personal Essence because among all the essential aspects it alone is personal. It is experienced as having a personal flavor to it, in contradistinction to impersonal. All aspects of Essence, even love and kindness, are impersonal. But the pearl is personal. And this is its miraculous quality, totally unexpected and unfathomable.

From https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/pearl-beyond-price

I posted 4 out of the 12 quotes from this web page in the Glossary.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Yeah!

Edited by VeganAwake