LfcCharlie4

Is There an Ego After Enlightenment.....?

56 posts in this topic

I like to use the story of The Mirage of the dr. Pepper machine in the desert.

It will keep you walking thinking you're going to get a cold beverage to quench your thirst.

Sometimes it's recognized that the Mirage isn't real... simultaneously it's recognized that it never was real to begin with although when immersed in it, it felt plenty real. It's recognized it was your own mind creating the illusion to begin with. Then you can untangle from social conditioning and snap out of The Matrix.(awakening)

The moral of the story is: The ego is there until it isn't anymore. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Once you reach the source, everything becomes illogical/logical.

You are all there is and all that doesn't exist. 

To say anything is creating more separations/unity.

It is truly brilliant beyond belief. 

Everything makes sense without a reason. 

Ego or not, it is all one.

Duality is non-duality is duality is non-duality... 

Of course this is the way everything is, how can it be any different? How can we be any different? 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

But in order to teach or guide others, one often needs to speak to the ego, speak in separation. 

To speak from the perspective of other-selves who are not awakened. To make the distinction between the ego and the true self.

Some people might need this distinction to move forward on their path.

Some people might need to get rid of the distinction altogether.

Some people might not even need to know there is a difference in the first place.

We are all saying the same thing but differently.

Isn't that amazing? 

@LfcCharlie4  hey my friend I enjoyed talking with you as well. This is one of my enlightened friends that I speak with on the phone occasionally. This doesn't necessarily pertain to this topic but I thought you would enjoy understanding what he's describing about enlightenment.

@Consilience This is essentially what I mean, survival of the human goes on post awakening, and there is still a unique human essence, personality that if anything flourishes more post awakening.

You become more YOU on a human level. 

the knowing has of course shifted and you live as the big self, or whatever you want to call it, but to say you aren’t a Living a human experience just isn’t true. You will continue to have a personality, likes/dislikes, preferences on a range of things, Movies you like etc etc you get my point. 

you know yourself as the big self, and live as this through a unique human vessel, yet everyone is You simultaneously. So you are literally one with all, yet a unique being at the same time, that’s the point I’m trying to illustrate, ego is the wrong word.

Individuality on a human level continues is what I’m trying to say. Otherwise, everyone would literally be avatars with no diffeeences whatsoever.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Nahm @VeganAwake yeah, as I said investigate and you will find NOTHING there, no self, no ego, just thoughts, feelings, sensations and experiences as they are. 

Howver, I’m just trying to illustrate it’s okay to have hobbies, interests, a career etc, basically it’s okay to still live as a unique human, even though you know yourself to literally be The Self, and know The Self to be all there is, therefore nothing else can exist.

In terms of a “non dual” explanation you could say it is awareness merely experiencing itself through the unique essence of each human. 

Lila in play, Shakti in motion etc, god playing with himself, many ways of phrasing it for basically saying- 

You still have a human experience post awakening, still have a personality, an enneagram type, a career, a family, a body, relationships but KNOW yourself to be The Self alone. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4Indeed.  And there is a very very important realization that consciousness can have via a non-dual mystical state.  And this is the realization into the nature of reality or what it is as consciousness.  Consciousness can see completely through the small self and that it doesn't exist but without this other realization the materialist paradigm hasn't been seen through.  Awakening is partial.    There is still the belief that there is a body or a human.  All of that is being imagined by consciousness (God).   You as the Self or God are imagining everything - EVERYTHING - without exception.   Because the substance of everything is nothing.    There are even further realizations that God has - such as Love and Oneness - and the why - why is God imagining everything?   To experience / know itself of course.

With all of these realizations (and they all require mysticism and the collapse of all duality)  consciousness essentially comes full circle with itself and at that point it can experience itself as the idea of a human while also having non-dual awareness that allows it to be conscious of the imaginary human from the perspective of God.  

I think individuals that haven't had non-dual realizations of all of these things - while they openly proclaim there is no self / no ego - (they may have had that one) they are unconscious that they are using the self to proclaim that.  They loop themselves without knowing it.   Its like duality saying duality doesn't exist - and then when asked "if duality doesn't exist then what is it that is saying duality doesn't exist?"   And they say "it is a body responding without a self"...but - that is still duality.    The body and the self are both imaginary.  To be aware of this (for me) is to embrace all.  To embrace your paradoxical nature.  If you zoom out all the way you realize the statement "duality does not exist" creates a duality between existence and non-existence and is an endless loop.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

50 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@LfcCharlie4Indeed.  And there is a very very important realization that consciousness can have via a non-dual mystical state.  And this is the realization into the nature of reality or what they are as consciousness.  Consciousness can see completely through the small self and that it doesn't exist but without this other realization the materialist paradigm hasn't been seen through.  Awakening is partial.    There is still the belief that there is a body or a human.  All of that is being imagined by consciousness (God).   You as the Self or God are imagining everything - EVERYTHING - without exception.   Because the substance of everything is nothing.    There are even further realizations that God has - such as Love and Oneness - and the why - why is God imagining everything?   To experience / know itself of course.

With all of these realizations (and they all require mysticism and the collapse of all duality)  consciousness essentially comes full circle with itself and at that point it can experience itself as the idea of a human while also having non-dual awareness that allows it to be conscious of the imaginary human from the perspective of God.  

I think individuals that haven't had non-dual realizations of all of these things - while they openly proclaim there is no self / no ego - (they may have had that one) they are unconscious that they are using the self to proclaim that.  They loop themselves without knowing it.   Its like duality saying duality doesn't exist - and then when asked if duality doesn't exist then what is it that is saying duality doesn't exist?  And they say it is a body responding without a self...but that is still duality.    The body and the self are  both imaginary.  To be aware of this is to embrace all.

Lol I'm not sure if what you said made any sense. 

If there truly isint a separate individual but just someone believing they are seperate, that doesn't actually create duality. The duality is just a figment of their imagination, they weren't actually ever separate.

Hence why Duality is actually an illusion.

It's hard to truly understand nonduality when the illusion hasn't been clearly seen through.

@VeganAwake maybe im going beyond the topic but i think its important for this discussion....I'm saying becoming conscious that there is no self is not the whole picture.  (From the POV of consciousness now, not the small self)  

Stopping there still leaves a duality between the illusory ego and the body - and for that matter everything else.  As if the body is "real" and the "ego is not".  Consciousness has not become conscious of the entire picture yet.  It still has more to realize.   Once consciousness does...it no longer needs to obsess over there not being an ego.   Thats just the beginning (huge, but the beginning)

It is complete liberation because there is nothing and nothing is everything.  All separations have collapsed.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@VeganAwake maybe im going beyond the topic but i think its important for this discussion....I'm saying becoming conscious that there is no self is not the whole picture.  (From the POV of consciousness now, not the small self)  

Stopping there still leaves a duality between the illusory ego and the body - and for that matter everything else.  As if the body is "real" and the "ego is not".  Consciousness has not become conscious of the entire picture yet.  It still has more to realize.   Once consciousness does...it no longer needs to obsess over there not being an ego.   Thats just the beginning (huge, but the beginning)

It is complete liberation because there is nothing and nothing is everything.  All separations have collapsed.

Okay I can see we have different experiences/understandings of what Awakening is and that's okay ❤

During my Awakening it was recognized the self identity I thought I was, was a complete illusion. That entire identity completely crumbled away. The false self or ego was seen to be a complete fabrication of the mind that had been running my life and controlling me.(Maya illusion of the self)

When this crumbling away of the false self takes place, it is simultaneously recognized that we quite literally are One and there is nothing apart(Non-duality)

After true Awakening occurs, it's recognized that Duality never actually existed because it was just an imaginary separate identity created by our own minds and social conditioning.

This is why it's called Liberation ...you become free from your egoic self agenda controlling your life, making you feel like you're separate & lacking and running on the hamster wheel.

I don't mind you explaining your interpretation of this recognition as it probably helps others learn but I do feel like you're preaching to the choir a bit.

This unit here is free I'm passing along the message of freedom. ❤

Duality is an illusion because there simply isn't more than one thing going on here.

Edited by VeganAwake

It'd not about getting rid of ego. It never was. It's about transcending it. 

When you switch your pov from a piece of a painting to the entire painting, that piece doesn't stop being there, it gets recontextualized into the whole painting. 

This in turn provides more context when you switch back to the pov of the piece. 

Neither pov is more right than the other. But they're incomplete without each other. Not being restricted to one or the other. 

13 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

It'd not about getting rid of ego. It never was. It's about transcending it. 

When you switch your pov from a piece of a painting to the entire painting, that piece doesn't stop being there, it gets recontextualized into the whole painting. 

This in turn provides more context when you switch back to the pov of the piece. 

Neither pov is more right than the other. But they're incomplete without each other. Not being restricted to one or the other. 

I like what you said here but you cannot switch back to the point of view of the Separate piece when the illusion is completely seen through...

The separate self is completely recognized to be an illusion...

the illusion of the Separate piece never tricks you again... the ignorance is dispelled completely. ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

13 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I like what you said here but you cannot switch back to the point of view of the Separate piece when the illusion is completely seen through...

Thats where we differ and thats OK.  For me (language breaks here because the small me is an idea) consciousness has become conscious that everything is imaginary.  And everything is nothing.  consciousness can shift to anything.  As God i (again language is limited here) i am imagining and creating everything.  Again a clarification - Consciousness not the ego - the ego has been seen through by God awakening to itself.  God also becomes conscious that it is imagining the ego.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Yeah, I basically agree it goes deeper than No Self, but don’t mean that in a belittling way at all. 

All I mean is duality, ego, non duality, spirituality all don’t matter, all concepts, it literally is just THIS as it is, now. 

Therefore, the Ego is seen through and is no longer a problem as you said, yet you can still live as a unique human being.

Non Duality= Duality.

Non duality is like a medicine for duality, once you’re no longer sick do you keep taking the medicine? Nope, you drop it all and get on with life. 

THIS is it, right now. 

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Thats where we differ and thats OK.  I have become conscious that everything is imaginary.  And everything is nothing.  Thus i can shift consciousness to anything.  As God i am imagining and creating everything.

Here's something I wrote during one of my Awakenings: ❤

"The same thing is always being said, it just appears to be described differently"

9 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Inliytened1 Yeah, I basically agree it goes deeper than No Self, but don’t mean that in a belittling way at all. 

All I mean is duality, ego, non duality, spirituality all don’t matter, all concepts, it literally is just THIS as it is, now. 

Therefore, the Ego is seen through and is no longer a problem as you said, yet you can still live as a unique human being.

Non Duality= Duality.

Non duality is like a medicine for duality, once you’re no longer sick do you keep taking the medicine? Nope, you drop it all and get on with life. 

THIS is it, right now. 

Yes you can absolutely go on with life believing you're a separate unique human being... there's nothing wrong with that. 

What's being pointed to is that entire belief system is an illusion... Duality isn't real, there is only Oneness.

Even if you believe yourself to be a separate unique human... it is simply not the case.

Enlightenment is completely seeing through the illusory separate self... you don't get tricked back into believing you're an individual again does that make sense?

This is quite literally the definition of enlightenment...

Does Oneness agree on this topic or do we need to keep rehearsing lol...❤

I was thinking about changing my profile name from VeganAwake to Duality Police

I wanted to see what you guys thought first before making any super important complex choices.

I was even thinking that maybe Leo would be willing to pay me a little bit for my services... maybe just a hundred bucks a month...

My main job would be to infiltrate dualistic conversational threads posing to be nonduality topics and straighten them away as quick as possible.

The other profile name I was thinking was MillennialParadigmShatterer or MPS for short..

What do you guys think?