Gneh Onebar

Trip report: very twisted mushroom session (2,5 gr.) – Darkness and Light

38 posts in this topic

The constant seeking and still feeling unfulfilled is what causes the suffering.

The recognition that you were always complete ends the suffering..

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, not necessarily. God is in charge and some diseases are part of its larger plan. Just because the ego wants a disease cured doesn't mean it will happen. Awakening requires surrender to the higher will of the universe. This higher will might require you to die in a car crash, or whatever.

So would you say, it is more beneficial to contemplate during a trip the question 'what is disease/sickness' rather than 'how to heal/strengthen the body'? Or do you think, that all these questions are best dealt with while asking the meta-question 'what am I'?

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

22 minutes ago, Gneh Onebar said:

So would you say, it is more beneficial to contemplate during a trip the question 'what is disease/sickness' rather than 'how to heal/strengthen the body'? Or do you think, that all these questions are best dealt with while asking the meta-question 'what am I'?

Depends on what your goals are.

First thing's first... realize that you were never born.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

The constant seeking and still feeling unfulfilled is what causes the suffering.

The recognition that you were always complete ends the suffering..

Seeking for the fun of seeking is not suffering. You think you're a character in a book looking for buried treasure, but you are the character, the treasure, the setting and the author of the book. You came to seek, to be challenged and for the adventure. You came to be complete and incomplete all together. It's hard to weather days of sea sickness when you don't have a mission you're excited about. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Seeking for the fun of seeking is not suffering. You think you're a character in a book looking for buried treasure, but you are the character, the treasure, the setting and the author of the book. You came to seek, to be challenged and for the adventure. You came to be complete and incomplete all together. It's hard to weather days of sea sickness when you don't have a mission you're excited about. 

You're more than welcome to stay in the dream as a ME...❤ There is nothing at all wrong with it.

You are already complete, THIS is the treasure you are seeking... the adventure is unknowing!!

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 14/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

Your entire life and reality is imaginary and how you understand any part of life is itself an act of imagination which uses symbols and metaphors and other such functions of consciousness. So when such things happen during trips what you should notice is that these are just various ways that consciousness is imagining and communicating with itself.

For example, you could picture that you have a disease by imagining that there is a problem with your DNA. Or you could picture that you have a disease because there is an evil spirit lurking in your body. Neither one is more "real" than the other because everything is imaginary. It doesn't really matter whether you imagine DNA or evil spirits. It's all imaginary!

If you say, "But Leo, DNA is scientific and not as imaginary as evil spirits." You're wrong. Science is as imaginary as evil spirits. The only difference is that you imagine science is "real" and you imagine that evil spirits are somehow unreal. So there's multiple layers of imagination at work which create the illusion of reality.

What you need to realize is that all ways of holding reality are totally relative. There is no one true right way to hold reality. All communication is relative. How you communicate with yourself depends on which symbolic paradigm you want to use: scientific, religious, mathematical, etc. It doesn't really matter what the paradigm is as long as it's internally consistent.

Deep stuff but never the less true. Infinite ignorance is what creation is aka infinite illusion. Without illusion or ignorance, there would be no creation in the first place. Be very very careful and conscious of how your ego-mind turns a mystical experience into a delusion, as in fact in several cases the ego-mind can make the whole experience into a delusional story, a delusional interpretation. 

Don't overestimate the power of illusion. How can it be that all is God, but when you look at creation 98% of it is not conscious of that? Infinite illusion. Creation itself is infinite illusion, an illusion which never the less could never exist without the Infinite will and Intelligence of the One. The design of it is infinite. 

Don't try to understand or explain reality, no finite being can. 

Edited by Higher

4 hours ago, Higher said:

Be very very careful and conscious of how your ego-mind turns a mystical experience into a delusion, as in fact in several cases the ego-mind can make the whole experience into a delusional story, a delusional interpretation. 

What exactly do you mean by this?

13 minutes ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Nothing special, just pointing out what the mind does. 

25 minutes ago, Gneh Onebar said:

In essence a mystical experience is a non-dual state -  the dissolution of the self.  As the self / other is a duality which collapses.

So it is a form of ego backlash after the non-dual state of consciousness in which the ego, upon return, tries to deceive itself for its own survival.   Because if it knows the Truth it ceases to be.  And the last thing the ego wants to do is die. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Higher  @Inliytened1 ok, I thought you were directly referring to the visuals of my trip. In fact the trip wasn't a genuin mystical experience, because the ego didn't fully dissolve - even if it was shattered quite good. ;) 

15 minutes ago, Gneh Onebar said:

@Higher  @Inliytened1 ok, I thought you were directly referring to the visuals of my trip. In fact the trip wasn't a genuin mystical experience, because the ego didn't fully dissolve - even if it was shattered quite good. ;) 

That's better than nothing ;)

On 15.12.2019 at 3:10 AM, Anna1 said:

Or die of cancer like Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana maharshi 

Sadhguru wrote in one of his books, that he healed himself from cancer. ;) 

5 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Sadhguru wrote in one of his books, that he healed himself from cancer. ;) 

I don't know anything about Sadhguru.

Perhaps Nisargadatta and Ramana just accepted everything just as it was and didn't find reason to try to heal themselves? Dunno

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

19 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Perhaps Nisargadatta and Ramana just accepted everything just as it was and didn't find reason to try to heal themselves? Dunno

Enlightenment clears karma (action)? Thought that takes a lifetime...xD

3 hours ago, Anna1 said:

I don't know anything about Sadhguru.

That could be possible. When I remember correctly my yoga teacher said, that 'older' yogis often treated their body not that well. Nisargadatta for example was smoking and selling cigarettes.