Buba

Spiritual journey without a teacher

2 posts in this topic

I started spiritual journey without having any idea that it is a spiritual journey. I had been suffering immensely and after starting to read the book Eckhart Tolle I started to meditate (I sit or lie, close my eyes, observe my breath either through nostrils or abdomen movement). I thought it would improve my psychology and calm my mind. When I hit the Dark Night of the Soul I was very scared. Depersonalization/derealization was hell. I stopped meditation for several months and came back, because my ego life was not a paradise as well. 

Is it a must to have a teacher? Can I pass through Dark Night of the Soul to the next stages on my own or is it possible that I will not be able to handle the Truth? There is no teacher in my country. Not just a good teacher, there is also no bad teacher. There is no teacher at all in my country. The only practice I do is meditation I mentioned above. I do it almost every day for 30-60 minutes. Spiritual journey is not a joke, so do you recommend me to postpone practicing for now and wait for the moment when I have a teacher? Or do you think it is not that difficult to need a teacher?

I never had a teacher.  It is hard but it's the only way to grow in understanding. 

You my fail over and over and want to give up and may even actually give up a few times but fail at even that.

These are all good signs that you are progressing. 

Remember a birth is not a easy thing it's one of the hardest. 

Edited by MAYA EL