Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Couple Nutrition questions...

6 posts in this topic

I have some questions about food, I am focused on learning more about nutrition.

- Is buckwheat; millet; couscous healthy? (I banned bread, and wheat therefore I am asking this question)

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

1 hour ago, Rasheed said:

I have some questions about food, I am focused on learning more about nutrition.

- Is buckwheat; millet; couscous healthy? (I banned bread, and wheat therefore I am asking this question)

• Buckwheat - exceptional food! High content of copper, magnesium and B-vitamins as well as fibre and decent protein. 
  • Millet - takes time getting used to and longer to cook but it is a decent meal. A goitrogen thou so make sure to cook it properly. 
  • Cuscus - not really. It is a processed grain, rapidly absorbed with high GI. I'd go for other types of wholegrains like brown and wild rice, quinoa or oats. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

19 hours ago, Michael569 said:
  • Buckwheat - exceptional food! High content of copper, magnesium and B-vitamins as well as fibre and decent protein. 
  • Millet - takes time getting used to and longer to cook but it is a decent meal. A goitrogen thou so make sure to cook it properly. 
  • Cuscus - not really. It is a processed grain, rapidly absorbed with high GI. I'd go for other types of wholegrains like brown and wild rice, quinoa or oats. 

Thank you. Very helpful, especially on Couscous. Also, If I combine couscous with vegetables and eggs, will it be good to eat then?

What do you think about Kidney Beans; Green Beans; Green Pea and Lentils?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Also, If I combine couscous with vegetables and eggs, will it be good to eat then?

There are always better and worse options when filling your daily caloric bucket. The above is better than having scrambled eggs but does not compare with having quinoa with salad and tofu for example. It's not about "bad" or "good" food. It's always a question of "what do we compare it to?" 

What do you think about Kidney Beans; Green Beans; Green Pea and Lentils?

all great stuff

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

There are always better and worse options when filling your daily caloric bucket. The above is better than having scrambled eggs but does not compare with having quinoa with salad and tofu for example. It's not about "bad" or "good" food. It's always a question of "what do we compare it to?" 

all great stuff

Thank you, I trully appreciate you.

24 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Many low carb advocates would probably say that these foods are bad because they are high in carbs. But there are significant differences in carbs. Buckwheat, for example, is very healthy, and is different from white bread, which is not healthy.

I agree with you, 100%.