Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Why is the free will debate so divided between people who reached enlightenment

18 posts in this topic

Myself have not reached Enlightenmrnt just yet. I am a few months away from it. 

But discussing with people who have I hear bith arguments. 

Be it someone who reached it through 5 Meo Dmt or through self inquiry. 

Some say we humans have free will other say we don't and ee are merely an illusion and everything happens through god. 

Why do different answers come up? 

3 minutes ago, Schahin said:

Myself have not reached Enlightenmrnt just yet. I am a few months away from it. 

Wait a few months till you enlightened then ask. :P

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

16 minutes ago, Schahin said:

Why do different answers come up? 

It depends on the construct of "free will". It's relative. We can create all sorts of different constructs. You ask as if there is an objective answer. . . I would be surprised in different answers didn't come up. 

I can create constructs in which free will exists and constructs in which free will doesn't exist. Thought stories are like sandcastles - build 'em up and bust 'em down. 

I recommend reading Discovery of the Presence of God: Devotional Nonduality by Dr. David R. Hawkins. He talks about the personal will vs. the Spiritual Will. The subjective state of personal will is an egoic construct in the mind, whereas with enlightenment you realize the omnipresent Self is what actually acts through you.

20 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

I recommend reading Discovery of the Presence of God: Devotional Nonduality by Dr. David R. Hawkins. He talks about the personal will vs. the Spiritual Will. The subjective state of personal will is an egoic construct in the mind, whereas with enlightenment you realize the omnipresent Self is what actually acts through you.

@Schahin It is nuanced but this is exactly it.  From your ego's perspective it appears you have free will.   And as such since you are imagining you do, it becomes real for you.  From the Absolute perspective Infinite consciousness is imagining all of this playing through every possible outcome although all outcomes already exist as raw potential. 

It's like a choose your own adventure but will you choose the one in which you wake up to yourself? :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Because it's both, but both is a non-answer so if you answer the question at all you have to pick one. Everyone talks about and puts their experience through a mind filter differently. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I see it this way. When you want to drive your car, you can’t just sit in the driver seat and command the car: “Drive!” You need to start the engine, release the hand brake etc. So you have a free will to drive the car while you don’t have a free will to do it in any way you wish, you have to follow certain “rules”.

I have an opinion on everything :D

Sure we have free will I can decide whether to have a cup of coffee or kill myself that's pretty free.

"The most important thing you do everyday you live is deciding not to kill yourself."

Albert Camus

I'm not suicidal or anything I just found that interesting.

Enlightenment is freedom from your own mind freedom from the egoic self agenda... a person is no longer a slave to their mind ...you are free to be yourself like a young child deciding to play with a certain toy just because he or she wants to. Just being is enough and yes it feels free. I could strive to be the president of the United States or be a couch potato for the rest of my life. There are no shoulds or should not's... no ego that needs anything, if I do something it's simply because I just want to and if I don't it's because I don't want to, simple as that.

Enlightenment doesn't give you all the secrets of the universe and God and anybody that claims that it does, I would be weary of. You feel complete and fully conscious and one with the divine but it does not give you everything in my experience.

Enlightenment was less than a year ago so I will keep you posted if I find out anything else haha.

as far as free will it really does depend on what your definition is. They're obviously biological limitations like being human and living on a planet with gravity and of course the rules and regulations of your Society.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Schahin

Would you presume, prior to birth, and after dying, that we have free will? 

I don't really know what happened before birth and after so thats why it tends to be mote towarda no free will. 

But there are a good amount of enlightened individuals who say there is free will

43 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

If I was an earnest seeker, what I would be wary of would be people like you imposing their perceived limitations on others.

Thank you for your comment and yes you are right to be wary anything anyone says can be contradicted and will return to 0.

That's why words cannot describe enlightenment, the great way the pathless path or the gateless gate.

Any direction other than the middle appears to be the wrong direction, and simultaneously there is no wrong direction.

It's a paradoxical mind f*** we're at the end of the day I just surrender and be.

I did mention my perceived limitations were in my experience. Obviously someone who has all the answers needs to ask no questions.

I'm simply here to help and just another sign pointing...always trust in your heart at the end of the day.

I honestly love how dedicated you are if you ever want to chat hit me up on private message I'm around ❤

Have a good day my friend!!

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

15 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

No answer ever is going to satisfy you, when you get it you get it. (Through deep contemplation, and spiritual practice.)

I think that's the best answer you can give.  He has asked this question a lot on here and i think he wants all of us to pacify him by telling him he has free will.  He has to discover the Truth for himself.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I think that's the best answer you can give.  He has asked this question a lot on here and i think he wants all of us to pacify him by telling him he has free will.  He has to discover the Truth for himself.  

You are right man. Its time to stop asking this question once and for all and just seek

@Schahin turn within my friend and look deeply at yourself, ask who and what you are. 

Try to find yourself. The answers you seek are in you. Look for yourself...

Who Are You?

What Are You?

Where Is This Sense Of You Residing?

Edited by VeganAwake