gmc24

Hello

5 posts in this topic

Hello my name is Gianna,

Glad to have come across the forum. I came across Leo's videos maybe a month ago. I usually do not like to post in forums on the internet but I feel compelled to write a little about myself and something I am looking to work on. I like hearing others perspectives. I have been into personal transformation my whole life but I didn't really realize. But I've actually went intense in personal transformation for the last 5-6 years unraveling a lot of things. Something like this is def a long term process.      From my perspective agility is key in personal transformation and you can unravel things for years and still have more to work on and unravel. Many beginnings and ends along the way. Synchronicities are something I am starting to process in life but it takes your perspective in life to a whole other angle that's kinda weird. Something I need to work on is getting better at interacting with others and maybe joining. The more I do the personal transformation work I find myself less likely wanting to interact with others or the hard part is the way  I used to interact with others is changing and I'm going through some integration, growth and transitions at this time. It def can get scary. Authenticity is the theme I enjoy. Okay that's all I'll write for now. 

THanks Leo, I enjoy your videos and passion. 

Hello friend!

Distancing oneself from others is a really strange task. I have been distancing myself from some friends I have known for a few years now. I became bored of drinking and smoking regularly and the lives of these people revolve around these distractions on a now scary level of dependence. They still contact me occasionally and the route I have been going is a simple "not today" answer. They have not been trying to talk to me as frequently if at all for most if them at this point. While I am not concerned of their opinions of me I felt that this was the best route as brute honesty would have done nothing but fuel a fire of hatred and aggression and possibly have them percieve my words of abstinence as a looking down upon them. 

I'm not focused on finding people to be with but instead am focused on learning to be completely content by myself. Good people will come if they are supposed to come. Otherwise they wont.

Thanks Jakeumz... I have to say after what you have mentioned i do not oppose of drinking and smoking or anyone having a good its it's level of dependence that my friends have of these things that they seem to not wanting to be doing anything thing else and their aggressive over it . It started feeling disconnecting being around my friends because they are just looking to get numb and be distracted all the time when i am taking a different path. If my friends have a bad reaction to me i choose to be honest with them and i def have gotten the fire of hatred and aggression more times over but I choose to be honest then keep my distance to leave them with something to process in their own life's.  I had to stop talking to most of them while i digest my own work, I was getting distracted and avoiding things myself time to time. But I learned to not play games with other people's Inner conflicts as much as it sucks it kind of has been enlightening. 

@gmc24 Being able to see others literally filling their void in life is a crazy thing. It is truly one of those instances when you see it and you can't believe how blind everyone is to the situation, but that's just the way society is now. Having recognized these habits as a negative in your life is nothing but a great step forward no matter what is said by anyone else. An extremely difficult part of this is to surround yourself with like-minded people or noone at all depending on your friends' degree of dependence. You always have the forum!

@Jakeumz "Being able to see others literally filling their void in life is a crazy thing." 

Crazy indeed. Once the fish is out of the water they will gain a new perspective.

What is really sad about this is that people don't even realize that they are filling a void for the most part. I sure as hell didn't when I was smoking everyday, watching TV, or going on a Netflix marathon. It just felt normal, as I was bored and it was something to do to kill time, eventually finding out that there was something more deeper and subtle going on inside. 

I remember going straight to my parent's home after a 10 day meditation retreat and being quite down and was just mute the rest of the day. Going from one distraction to another, to another, and to another. TV, to the phone, TV, to the phone. I wanted to grab and shake my family but what good would that do :) haha I just have to do me.