kieranperez

Spiritual Quotes Mega Thread

5 posts in this topic

• "Walking away under the guise of renunciation or non-attachment is the easy path. It shows more spiritual fiber to live a godly life in the jungle of civilization. I love all. Even those who avow themselves my enemies. For I see the thee in every being." - Paramahansa Yogananda

• "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." - Mahatma Gandhi

• “The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.” - William Butler Yeats

• "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner as the outer, and the above as the below, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male shall not be male, and the female shall not be female, when you make eyes in the shape of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom." - Jesus Christ

• "It is your mind that creates the world." - The Buddha

• "It is the world that creates your mind." - The Buddha

• "Among the great things that are to be found among us, the being of nothingness is the greatest." - Leonardo da Vinci

• "Believe nothing; no matter where you read it or whoever said it, not even me." - The Buddha

• "In order to gain everything, you must lose everything." - The Buddha

• "He appeared unexpectedly and became unutterably United and merged with me, and leaped over to me without anything in between, as fire to iron, as the light to glass. And He made me like fire and like light. And I became that which I saw before and beheld from afar. I do not know how to relate this miracle… I am man by nature, and God by the grace of God." - Saint Symeon

• "For the One who has become many, remains the One undivided, but each part is all of Christ." - Saint Symeon

• "The more conscious we become, the more powerful we become." - Adyashanti

• "You must affirm the vow to never give up until you have become a Buddha and brought peace to this world… we are not saved by satori. We saved by the vow to attain satori." - Yamada Mumon

• "I am the light above everything. I am everything. Everything came forth from me, and everything reaching me." - Jesus Christ

• "Are you God?" - they asked.

"No," - Buddha said.

"Are you a saint?" - they asked again.

"No," - Buddha replied.

"Are you a celestial being?"

"No."

"Who are you?"

"I am awake."

• "You can't pretend into profundity." - Peter Ralston

• "The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

• “Why do you so earnestly seek

the truth in distant places?

Look for delusion and truth in the

bottom of your own heart.”

- Ryōkan

• "The village has disappeared in the evening mist

And the path is hard to follow.

Walking through the pines,

I return to my lonely hut."

- Ryōkan

• "No vexation, no enlightenment; no anxiety, no illumination." - Confucius

• "Wherever you go, there you are." - Jon Kabat-Zinn

• "The man was the message." - Mark W. Muesse 

• "Paradox and Confusion are the guardians of the truth." - Peter Ralston

• "Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. The very cave you are afraid to enter turns out to be the source of what your are looking for." - Joseph Campbell

• "Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• "A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

• "The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

"Wisdom is knowing I am no-thing,
Love is knowing I am every-thing,
and between the two my life flows."

Nisargadatta Maharaj 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

"Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But, since no one was listening, everything must be said again."

— Andre Gide

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

"Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But, since no one was listening, everything must be said again."

— Andre Gide

;)

Party pooper

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception. Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles. Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. Cease being a prisoner of the body; using the secret key of KRIYA, learn to escape into Spirit." - Lahiri Mahasaya