Anderz

ACIM Journal

1,972 posts in this topic

Oh, wow, in this video where Shunyamurti talked about reification he also revealed (near the end at around 1 hour) what will happen with collective consciousness! There has to be a collective field of removing reification he said, and then we can turn ourselves into avatars. That's probably what ACIM means by saying that the physical body is a misperception. And in the Bible it says that the body of flesh cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Notice that our personal free will is the same as God's will. Even in ego consciousness. Because as ACIM says, there is only God's will. So in theory it's super simple. It's just a matter of recognizing one's own free will as the nondual will. It's the same both from a religious and atheistic perspective.

And our personal free will is a part of what causes creation. And free will is a high level of development which is necessary for more complex development of our universe.

But is there actual free will? No, I think it's like how Stephen Wolfram has explained it. We need to actually perform our choices as a part of the evolution of the universe. Our personal choices are necessary. The universe cannot skip levels of development and increase of complexity. So our personal choices are necessary even if reality is an automatic and deterministic process.

One way of illustrating it is that not even the universe knows what the future will bring or what personal choices need to be made. God/Brahman as the infinite and changeless "knows" the future, yet from an atheistic perspective God/Brahman is only timeless and infinite information in my model, so it's not some separate being able to make choices. As it says in the Bible: "I the Lord do not change."

Nor is it the universe doing things to us. We are the universe in the process of creation. Nor have we been created by the Word of God. We are the Word of God. Jesus Christ, the Word of God made manifest, said that He is in us and we are in Him. How would that possible if we were separate from Him?

Wait a minute! What if the nonduality teachers are WRONG? The idea of nonduality seems correct to me, but the claim that the individual doesn't get liberated or enlightened might be a false perspective. Because consider integral transcend and include. Then the individual self gets included even in spiritual enlightenment.

And I got an insight of how it might work. Just like how we can take a conscious breath it's I propose possible to from a liberated state to consciously take an individual perspective. And when doing so there is an individual self. Not as a separate entity but still as an experienced process. So I will experiment with consciously shifting perspectives.

And this I think is possible even with reality being deterministic. If I choose to take a conscious breath for example that's a different experience than when my breathing goes on subconsciously. And that difference is still there even in a deterministic scenario.

An Advaita expert said that infinite is one. That seems correct to me. There can be different infinities as concepts. For example George Cantor defined all kinds of infinities in mathematics. That's fine. But the actual infinity is not some mere concept. Actual infinity described is more like Cantor's concept of absolute infinity.

Does Indra's net correctly describe the one infinity? Yes, I think so! Indra's net can be represented as a circle of points where all points are connected to each other. There is no more infinite than that! Because more points can always be added between each other. It's similar to the concept of the continuum in mathematics.

"In the mathematical field of set theory, the continuum means the real numbers, or the corresponding (infinite) cardinal number, denoted by c.[1][2][3] Georg Cantor proved that the cardinality c is larger than the smallest infinity, namely, aleph_0. He also proved that c is equal to 2^aleph _0, the cardinality of the power set of the natural numbers." - Wikipedia

In Advaita consciousness is the same as Brahman. In my model consciousness is a feedback loop as a part of Brahman. But I can make my model compatible with Advaita by saying that consciousness still exists in deep dreamless sleep.

In deep dreamless sleep consciousness is aware of zero things. Even in the waking state there are many things consciousness is unaware of in our experience. So if I allow consciousness to be aware of zero objects, then my definition is compatible with Advaita. That's useful since it makes it harder to use homemade concepts that are different than established traditional concepts.

By making my concept of consciousness compatible with Advaita it also becomes compatible with Leo's explanations of infinity as I understand them. That's useful as long as I keep my model consistent.

And from a practical viewpoint consciousness as the infinite makes it clear that it's beyond mere concepts. Consciousness itself, that which the word 'consciousness' points to, is not a concept. That can be directly verified in our own experience. Consciousness is the awareness of things (concepts) while things are not aware of consciousness.

In this video A Course in Miracles expert David Hoffmeister talks about all kinds of topics from an ACIM perspective. Again, I found that David has a hardcore take on ACIM. Excellent!

David Hoffmeister pointed out in one of his videos that the material world cannot do anything. Very good point! Trying to change what appears to be the external world is like trying to change what is happening in a movie. So the actual change comes through Source. But then one problem I have is what if my destiny is to grow old, get sick and then die? That's a horrible situation! Some people may genuinely be able to accept physical death but I would be fooling myself if I attempted such acceptance. It would just cause an inner double conflict in me.

One solution is to expect physical reality to change so radically that we enter into fourth density. Shunyamurti talked about changing the physical world by dropping our ego consciousness, yet it has to be done collectively he said, so that the whole environment reflects the change in consciousness. Then what if that's just a fantasy and physical death is inevitable? That's easy to solve! In theory. The ego constantly tries to move away from uncertainty and confusion as much as possible, yet as ACIM says, the ego is already totally confused about everything.

So the ego is trying to run away from its own delusional beliefs which causes the situation to become even more confused and conflict-riddent. And to avoid falling into another delusional trap a possible practice is to focus on one's own confusion. That seemingly counter-intuitive practice is the correct perspective while still being in ego consciousness. Confusion is then used as a tool for dissolving the ego and the tensions in body and mind that go along with it.

One idea I have is that ego tensions are a result of third density in the Law of One. In third density, because of too low density/information a lot of reality appears as disorder (entropy). And in fourth density reality becomes more complex forms of order (more information density) which reveals that what was believed to be entropy is actually order.

When the ego experiences the world as disorder it has to struggle against reality in order to maintain order. And it's a mistaken form of order because reality as a whole is already perfectly ordered, and so the ego literally has to hold the order as tensions in body and mind. The harvest from third to fourth density is then about dissolving what Wilhelm Reich called the body armor which I believe is made of deadly orgone (DOR) and turn it into neutral orgone (OR).

The color green represents the heart chakra and fourth density (green ray activation). In the Book of Revelation one of the four horses of the apocalypse (means unveiling) is green:

"The fourth and final horse is pale green, and upon it rides Death accompanied by Hades.[4] "They were given authority over a quarter of the earth, to kill with sword, famine, and plague, and by means of the beasts of the earth."[5]" - Wikipedia

The Book of Revelation is I believe highly metaphorical and symbolic and that "death" here means ego death and the end of third density.

Woo woo time! But I think this could actually be true. I found the number a quarter of earth in the Book of Revelation curious. And I can only do a speculative guess about it. So 1/4 of humanity on earth will be harvested into fourth density. Why only 25%? My guess is that 50% of people are Wanderers and 25% of the people on earth are the breakaway civilization, which leaves only 25% in ordinary ego consciousness.

Ra gives a much lower number than that for Wanderers in the Law of One. But Ra also uses the Law of Confusion and Ra said that the number of Wanderers approaches 65 million. And as I wrote earlier, with Law of Confusion language that can mean 25% of humanity and still be the truth! Approaches can mean approaching from a lower number or from a higher number. Tricky.

"Questioner: Thank you. Well, you spoke of Wanderers. Who are Wanderers? Where do they come from?

Ra: I am Ra. Imagine, if you will, the sands of your shores. As countless as the grains of sand are the sources of intelligent infinity. When a social memory complex has achieved its complete understanding of its desire, it may conclude that its desire is service to others with the distortion towards reaching their hand, figuratively, to any entities who call for aid. These entities whom you may call the Brothers and Sisters of Sorrow move towards this calling of sorrow. These entities are from all reaches of the infinite creation and are bound together by the desire to serve in this distortion.

Questioner: How many of them are incarnate on Earth now?

Ra: I am Ra. The number is approximate due to an heavy influx of those birthed at this time due to an intensive need to lighten the planetary vibration and thus aid in harvest. The number approaches sixty-five million.

Questioner: Are most of these from the fourth density? What density do they come from?

Ra: I am Ra. Few there are of fourth density. The largest number of Wanderers, as you call them, are of the sixth density. The desire to serve must be distorted towards a great deal of purity of mind and what you may call foolhardiness or bravery, depending upon your distortion complex judgment. The challenge/danger of the Wanderer is that it will forget its mission, become karmically involved, and thus be swept into the maelstrom from which it had incarnated to aid the destruction." - Law of One 10:26-28

Wanderers are at least fourth density and most of them even sixth density. So Wanderers don't need to be harvested and instead can directly enter their higher density state. And the people in the breakaway civilization are either themselves Wanderers or already in fourth density is my guess.

Notice that Ra said that the Wanderers can be called the Brothers and Sisters of Sorrow. That sounds gloomy, almost scary. My take is that the Wanderers have an extremely heavy burden of being trapped in third density while in actually being of higher density. That must be a pretty dreary situation.

The role of the Wanderers is to serve to support those of us in ego consciousness while themselves remaining trapped in third density. It's like a gigantic Truman show but with a constructive evolutionary purpose, where we in ordinary ego consciousness represent the Truman character.

I haven't checked if this is mentioned in ACIM but a huge obstacle to receiving the Holy Spirit is all the lies we tell in ego consciousness, even our private thoughts have strategies of manipulation in them which is a subtle form of lies.

It's possible to add lies as a layer on top of truth, but it's impossible to add a layer of truth on top of a foundation of lies. So the key to receiving the Holy Spirit is that our subconscious becomes a foundation of truth. Lies can always be added later on top of that, but we need to start with truth as a foundation. To the ego that's scary! Because one big protection strategy for the ego is the use of lies.

Here is Leo's video about how we lie where he explains in detail all the trickeries of the ego mind:

A very subtle form of lies, that Leo probably already has talked about in his video, is when we don't want to show to others what we really think or feel. How can that be a form of lies? The answer is that it's a blocking of our true intentions and state of being, and that blocking has the purpose of presenting ourselves outwardly differently than we are inside, so that's a form of lie.

The Holy Spirit cannot work with that kind of conflicts. And now I actually found a confirmation of this in ACIM:

"Nothing that is genuine is used to deceive. 2 The Holy Spirit is incapable of deception, and He can use only genuine abilities." - ACIM M-25.4:1-2

There is ONLY God's will and the Holy Spirit is the motion caused by God's will and Christ is the manifestation caused by God's will. What this means is that we are ALREADY the Holy Spirit, even in ego consciousness. It's just that the ego is a layer of seeming separation hiding the power of the Holy Spirit.

So when the Holy Spirit acts through us, it's the same as in ego consciousness except without the ego misperception. A useful practice is then to act from direct genuine feelings. The ego is always clunky, slow and awkward since it has to first formulate some kind of manipulation strategy and secure its protection schemes before it acts.

ACIM says that being defenseless is true protection. That's because defense is a lie. So when we are defensive the Holy Spirit cannot enter us. Defensiveness is a sign of conflict, nay IS conflict. For oneness needs no defense. For oneness to defend itself is madness.

It's even worse than that. Being ANYTHING other than oneness prevents the Holy Spirit to secure our safety. Why? Because the whole ego is a lie. The ego is the belief in separation which is a lie.

The Holy Spirit is already within us. It's just that the ego blocks itself! From A Course in Miracles:

"This is the way in which you must perceive God's creations, bringing all of your perceptions into the one line the Holy Spirit sees. 6 This line is the direct line of communication with God, and lets your mind converge with His. 7 There is no conflict anywhere in this perception, because it means that all perception is guided by the Holy Spirit, Whose Mind is fixed on God. 8 Only the Holy Spirit can resolve conflict, because only the Holy Spirit is conflict-free. 9 He perceives only what is true in your mind, and extends outward only to what is true in other minds." - ACIM T-6.II.11:5-9

A Course in Miracles seldom uses the term consciousness, but it does use the word mind a lot. ACIM expert David Hoffmeister said that Jesus is getting tougher and tougher in His teachings. And ultimately Jesus says that we are not body, mind and spirit. We are mind, Jesus says. Nonduality teacher Roger Castillo has also mentioned that ACIM gets more advanced in later lessons.

That's accurate! To say body, mind and spirit, that's duality. And my definition of mind includes everything we experience in consciousness, so with that definition the body is a part of the mind, just as ACIM says. The only difference then is that I make a distinction between consciousness as the state of being aware and mind as the content experienced in consciousness. ACIM seems to include consciousness in the concept of mind, which is a more nondual description than I use (or at least have used).

What does A Course in Miracles say about vaccines and social distancing?

"Think of the freedom in the recognition that you are not bound by all the strange and twisted laws you have set up to save you. 2 You really think that you would starve unless you have stacks of green paper strips and piles of metal discs. 3 You really think a small round pellet or some fluid pushed in to your veins through a sharpened needle will ward off disease and death. 4 You really think you are alone unless another body is with you.

It is insanity that thinks these things. 2 You call them laws, and put them under different names in a long catalogue of rituals that have no use and serve no purpose. 3 You think you must obey the "laws" of medicine, of economics and of health." - ACIM Lesson 76

Amen! :P

There is no need to make plans. Because the future is more complex than the present moment. So any and all planning therefore leads to struggling against God's plan in a delusional belief of being able to change God's plan. Then why does the ego need to make plans, or at least believe it needs to make plans? Because planning is like training wheels for the ego until it recognizes that: "WTF, my planning is redundant! No wonder why I have struggled so much."

"A healed mind does not plan. 2 It carries out the plans that it receives through listening to wisdom that is not its own. 3 It waits until it has been taught what should be done, and then proceeds to do it. 4 It does not depend upon itself for anything except its adequacy to fulfill the plans assigned to it. 5 It is secure in certainty that obstacles can not impede its progress to accomplishment of any goal that serves the greater plan established for the good of everyone.

A healed mind is relieved of the belief that it must plan, although it cannot know the outcome which is best, the means by which it is achieved, nor how to recognize the problem that the plan is made to solve." - ACIM Lesson 135

To make an accurate plan requires knowledge about the future which the ego lacks! And even if the ego would be able to make an accurate plan it would be totally unnecessary since it would just match God's plan anyway. Haha, the insolence of the ego is astounding.

Edited by Anderz

I feel suffering instead of feeling the Holy Spirit. Jesus ran around filled with the Holy Spirit. We too should be running around with the Holy Spirit. What is the Holy Spirit? A Course in Miracles defines it as:

"The Holy Spirit mediates between illusions and the truth. Since He must bridge the gap between reality and dreams, perception leads to knowledge through the grace that God has given Him, to be His gift to everyone who turns to Him for truth. Across the bridge that He provides are dreams all carried to the truth, to be dispelled before the light of knowledge. There are sights and sounds forever laid aside. And where they were per­ceived before, forgiveness has made possible perception’s tran­quil end.

The goal the Holy Spirit’s teaching sets is just this end of dreams. For sights and sounds must be translated from the witnesses of fear to those of love. And when this is entirely accomplished, learning has achieved the only goal it has in truth. For learning, as the Holy Spirit guides it to the outcome He perceives for it, becomes the means to go beyond itself, to be replaced by the eternal truth." - ACIM W-7:1-2

My own definition is that the Holy Spirit is the increase of complexity that is going on all the time in the present moment. I mentioned previously about the Holy Spirit being the same as dharma. Now I found another candidate: the Holy Spirit is the same as shakti!

"Shakti (Devanagari: शक्ति, IAST: Śakti; lit. "Energy, ability, strength, effort, power, capability"[1]) is the primordial cosmic energy and represents the dynamic forces that are thought to move through the entire universe[2] in Hinduism, and especially Shaktism, a major tradition of Hinduism.Shakti is the personification of the Energy that is creative, sustaining, as well as destructive, sometimes referred to as auspicious source energy." - Wikipedia

How can we connect with the Holy Spirit? We are already connected! The Holy Spirit is the whole force of the manifestation of the Word of God, which creates everything. It's "just" the ego that seemingly blocks the access.

What I have been able to practice is to observe my own ego. My intent at the moment is to continue to observe my ego and see if the Holy Spirit can start flowing within me. (Actually the ego too is the result of the Holy Spirit in nonduality but the ego is a false belief system.)

I forgot, I have also added a condition to my practice. Instead of thinking that my own life will lead to the death of my physical body, I have the intent that with the Holy Spirit I will enter fourth density in the Law of One. That may be a total delusion, but it helps me with the practice. If I had the belief that the Holy Spirit will kill my body, then that means conflict to me.

And this is a part of what ACIM says about death:

""And the last to be overcome will be death." 2 Of course! 3 Without the idea of death there is no world. 4 All dreams will end with this one. 5 This is salvation's final goal; the end of all illusions. 6 And in death are all illusions born. 7 What can be born of death and still have life? 8 But what is born of God and still can die? 9 The inconsistencies, the compromises and the rituals the world fosters in its vain attempts to cling to death and yet to think love real are mindless magic, ineffectual and meaningless. 10 God is, and in Him all created things must be eternal. 11 Do you not see that otherwise He has an opposite, and fear would be as real as love?" - ACIM M-27.6

And there isn't any separate physical body in the first place! So how could my body die and get buried? Absurd.

"The body is endangered by the mind that hurts itself. The body suffers just in order that the mind will fail to see it is the victim of itself. The body’s suffering is a mask the mind holds up to hide what really suffers. It would not understand it is its own enemy; that it attacks itself and wants to die. It is from this your “laws” would save the body. It is for this you think you are a body." - ACIM Lesson 76

"The body is the means by which God's Son returns to sanity. 2 Though it was made to fence him into hell without escape, yet has the goal of Heaven been exchanged for the pursuit of hell. 3 The Son of God extends his hand to reach his brother, and to help him walk along the road with him. 4 Now is the body holy. 5 Now it serves to heal the mind that it was made to kill." - ACIM W-pII.5.4.