Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meave

Pain Or Pressure In Head While Meditating?

4 posts in this topic

I have started meditating about a month ago to start my spiritual journey, and lately I've noticed that I'm getting a strange pressure or pain in the back of my head that I have never felt before. I also got it the other day when realizing that my current emotions are really from past experiences. Is this something I should be concerned about?

PS Glad to be here and thanks in advanced for the replies!

You shouldn't feel concerned. Just drink some water, and continue meditating. :P

@Meave Hi, when you open up to what has been buried inside and allow it to come to the surface, It can manifest in all kids of weird ways. Nothing new there! Just let it surface, acknowledge it in a detached way, than let it go. Think of it this way, it's a lot like cleaning out a closet that you have been subconsciously storing a lot of old useless junk in. You have to make a mess by pulling everything out first so that you can put back what you choose to keep. It's all part of the cleansing process and everybody experiences this in a different way to different degrees. Unless of course you think there could be a true medical condition. That would be a different story.

@Meave Your body will do all kinds of weird stuff when past tension is coming up. 

I experienced pressure inside my skull when I started too. It could be muscles spasms (like if you are clenching your jaw for long periods without realizing) also if your head is not balanced you might fatigue some neck muscles during long meditations.

I've been reading about yoga recently and I've found this very interesting.

I've experienced every single one of the "symptoms" described under the "descriptions" section. Pressure in skull is one of them. I don't really know too much about it though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini