Daffcio

Any gamers here? Do you know any good games that made you grow spiritually?

24 posts in this topic

Here are some games I think can point you to spirituality:

Dark Souls

Minecraft 

Subnautica

I like how the player's character represents ego and how resilient it is, coming back from death everytime, always searching for immortality, trying to deal with other egoes. Even the world is ever changing, evolving, and characters have detailed lores about them that is sometimes tragic.

I like Minecraft because of how creative and relaxed I feel throughout. Completing the game fully is both satisfying and you can relate to everything you learned from spirituality to the entire game. It's epic!

Subnautica I think is the perfect game that symbolizes self-actualization and spirituality in random. While not as free as Minecraft, you still feel creative while feeling responsible for your survival in that world. My favorite moment in the game is when I'm just travelling at the surface feeling safe in the mini submarine when a Leviathan does a literal great white breach and it was so sudden it actually glitched through the sub and killed me instantly.? My heart nearly exploded and my throat Chakra radiated! I still can't get over the instant destruction of my sub and couldn't stop laughing afterwards!?

@Daffcio
Nonduality
Acceptance of death
Nihilistic point of view
Point of life
Unconditional love

"KOTOR 2." & "Dishonored."Ticks all of the points. "Metro 2033". Sort of does as well. "Metal Gear Solid" on the PSX if going more retro.

As a cult conspiracy classic I liked the first Deus Ex Game. The whole thing is a conspiracy, the intro & the cover on the game. And the endings. There's certain choices in the game that alter the story arc slightly, that are interesting. It's funny that most people aren't even aware of it on YouTube, videos of it.

"Warcraft II" probably impaired my spiritual growth.

@Alex You should try hiking or some adventurous hobby. I found that my liking in the game for that spills into reality. I play 4 usually if I play. But eventually I will get a graphics card for video editing and I could play some new vegas. The games go on forever though haha. If I casually play 4 it feels like I do not put a dent into the game with all the dlc. 

'What remains of Edith Finch' is an amazing, beautiful short game with the theme of death.

'Firewatch' is also a short walking-exploration game bringing up a lot to think about.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!