carlo

How To "do Nothing" Meditation?

3 posts in this topic

I can let my mind get lost in the content of thoughts without being aware of it? 

i just saw the do nothing video in leo's channel and im very confused, in my meditation I used to label thoughts and as soon i was aware of thoughts, they disappear.

but when i "do nothing" i just get lost in histories, then i try to just be aware of the toughts without trying to control them, but i think that if i force my awareness in the thoughts, then I am "doing something". 

P.s. sorry for my english, Im from colombia.

Yes, you can totally get lost in thougths and stories.

Also, if you practiced mindfulness, sometimes the mind will automatically "wake up" and become conscious. Let it happen too. Then the mind will get lost in stories and become totally uncoscious. Then become conscious again for a second. Let the mind do everything it does. 

Have this attitude - there is absolutely no way you can do "Do Nothing" wrong. And with this attitude and practice you will "get it". Just set the timer to 20-60 minutes and sit every day.

Like Leo's says in the video, "You only need to let go of control of your intention to control your mind." Remember to Accept both the chatters/stories and the calm states during your meditation. To accept the present moment exactly as it is.