Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

What Are The Different Types Of Practice?

6 posts in this topic

I know of vipassana, concentration meditation, yoga, and kundalini. What are types are there, and what type should one do?

Also what kind of meditation style is this:

I like "Twim" meditation; Twim stands for Tranquil Wisdom Insight Meditation. It combines Vipassana with Samatha, and uses either breath or Metta as the focus. 

It is the meditation the Buddha taught to his followers.

More about it here:

Edited by SkyPanther

Have you tried the Nut-scratching-determination-sitting Technique? You get a person that gently tickles your ball sack with a feather and your job is too hold off scratching it for as long as possible. Enlightenment guaranteed, tell me how it goes.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

15 hours ago, JevinR said:

I know of vipassana, concentration meditation, yoga, and kundalini. What are types are there, and what type should one do?

Also what kind of meditation style is this:

Jevin you have heard the saying, different strokes for different folks, well practices are the same, most adhere to what feels good to them, until you become self realized then there are no practices.

@vizual HAHAHAHAH ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

neti neti has been very usefull overall and giving profound results when combined with SDS. similar to neti neti is one called ignore everything, in which you slip your attention away from all stimuli and experiences that apear, this way remaining in nothing. also making small pauses throughout the day of +- 5 seconds and just taking everything very mindfully helps develop a habit and if you do it consistentently it becomes automatic.

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."