Josh

Do Thoughts=your Ego And Your Cognition

11 posts in this topic

So do thoughts=your ego and your cognition ... 

So if your ego is shredded, so are your thoughts?

@Josh Ego is just a name for illusion of self. Since self don't exist, ego don't exist. But in a sense of ego (sense of self) exists because of thoughts, then YES, Thoughts and ego are equal. There is no Ego to shredded. There is only thoughts to be shredded with awareness so that the illusion of self, the ego disappear.

The mind creates the illusion of an ego through though, IMO

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The illusion of ego is more than just thoughts. If it were only thoughts, it would be easy to stop.

The ego is a mixture of verbal thoughts + visual thoughts + body sensations + emotions + deeply held and unconscious existential assumptions. Imagine all that stuff super-glued together, then covered in rubber cement, then coated with 10 layers of paint and 10 layers of glossy varnish and 5 kinds of glitter, then feathers, inside a gift box, inside plastic wrap, inside a shopping bag.

That is a more realistic picture of ego.

Your job is to sort that whole mess out into its separate components.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I really misunderstand the ego,some people say 'YOU NEED TO KiLL THE EGO!' are they right?do you need to separate the ego?does Enlightenment separate the ego?what will happen if the ego isn't seperated?

Edited by Rashad

10 hours ago, Rashad said:

@Leo Gura I really misunderstand the ego,some people say 'YOU NEED TO KiLL THE EGO!' are they right?do you need to separate the ego?does Enlightenment separate the ego?what will happen if the ego isn't seperated?

You do not need to understand. Understanding usually is a trap and is useless. What you'd better do - just do the work (self inquiry, contemplation, questioning), and with practice you will kind of "know" about what you are asking now.

If somebody will tell you something now, and you will "understand", it actually values nothing. It does not move you a bit. You just exchange thoughts to other thoughts and stay where you were.

Start doing the actual work with the abscence of understanding. As the Great Shia Saide LaBeouf once said: "Just do it!"

I agree with @Naviy  one will tell you "kill the ego" , others will tell you "love the ego"... and both are true and false depending of the perspective you are talking from. You have to follow your intuition, meditate and only trust in your experience, not in others. Others can give you just "pointers". That's why is called "the pathless path".

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Ya you sound right @Naviy and @abrakamowse ,I meditate daily and every time I do I get new experiences hence new ideas and techniques that fit me this really makes me feel more authentic since I take most things from my perspective so that then my understanding is more empirical.......Lol that saying is a Nike ad as well.:P

The very simple way to shred this ego would be FIRST, meditate so that you have very focus mind. When you have focus and clear mind, notice every thing. Doesn't have to be super detail. Notice when it happens and when it passes away.