Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfingthewave

Meditation on the job

8 posts in this topic

My experience of meditation during the day job was interesting. It was pretty much letting go of the thoughts and sensations whilst typing at the computer . I was meditating while I was  typing. What was interesting was a sense of peaceful rest, a sense of source but this quickly merged into the normal monkey mind and it was like I had turned on the brain and everything came into focus again, thoughts, sensations etc.

I made a conscious effort to become more conscious, but not to become the monkey mind again, this happened instantaneously. If we are seeking the enlightened self, it shouldn't be effortful, right? Any tips would be of interest. 

To meditate at work, I smash stuff all over the floor such as vacuum cleaners, kettles, shiatsu massagers etc. Then I contemplate impermanence.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

30 minutes ago, Shaun said:

To meditate at work, I smash stuff all over the floor such as vacuum cleaners, kettles, shiatsu massagers etc. Then I contemplate impermanence.

Great to see that this forum is helping you self-actualize. You will be enlightened in no time.

@Surfingthewave Thanks for the thread. A good reminder for me that a meditative state can be achieved at work as well as home.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

You look more joyfull on the new pic 

@Bill W We can get into the idea of meditation just being when we're sat on the cushion, at home but there's some real power in doing it throughout the day. I'm just interested in the flip between meditation becoming more than just a state we "get into" but that it's the source we tap into, always. We are just usually swinging about in the trees listening to our monkey mind - especially at work. 

Meditation on the job? Well yeah!?

I don’t have a choice in that matter...I am meditation?

5 hours ago, Aeris said:

You look more joyfull on the new pic 

Lol I looked like a wee depressed incel in the old one. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

A lot of employers are getting into this stuff, like mindfulness and flow as part of stage orange efficiency and productivity, also staff wellbeing. Easier if you actually like your job like I do, or are at least neutral. 

Nick. 

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!