lmfao

My metaphor(s) for infinity

4 posts in this topic

The deeper you meditate and closer you look at experience, one will come to realise that it feels as though everything is coming from nothing. But there is something misleading about the phrase "coming from", as it implies that there is some sort of (actual process)/(lag) to creation. Even when one hears the word "creation" ones mind can't help but imagine a process which takes time and consists of multiple steps. It is the most spontaneous, instantaneous thing you can imagine, the way there is something coming from nothing/(the void). It is beyond what you can think of, and even words like "spontaneous" cant quite grasp how spontaneous this process of absolutely zero lag is. 

You really do just have infinity stacked upon infinity. I'll reference the metaphor of a line. A line by definition is an infinite number of points. And a line can be cut into an infinite number of lines (each new line having an infinite number of points), with each of those newly generated infinite number of lines having a further infinite number of lines. Each of these new lines is just another line which can be chopped into an infinite number of lines. ∞/∞=∞, and we can divide infinity by infinity over and over again and all we'll get is infinity. 

Imagine a single point to represent the infinite amazingness of spontaneous creation; something from nothing. Any sort of interval of time, any sort of event can be like a line. And this line is filled with an infinite number of points, and each of those points are infinite in of in themselves. Each line breaks into an infinite number of lines. Infinity x infinity x infinity.... and even more "computations"* are going on, which each computation being infinite itself. So like in our experience we have wave after wave of an infinite number of points, with each point being infinite in itself. And when you get a small hit of just all this creation going on, you feel the infinite love/bliss. 

*(again you can reference the first paragraph for why the word "computations" would be misleading in the same way I described why the phrase "coming from" is misleading)

NB: I wrote this for myself as well after my meditation session just now and wanted to record what I was feeling. And don't let this description limit your thoughts about what infinity is, I just hope somebody out there has a similar enough brain to me and can perhaps get something from the way I've framed things.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

A fractal of consciousness expanding in infinite dimensions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.