Gili Trawangan

There are still traps after awakening

66 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s soooooo sneeeeaky!!

Like the gopher in Caddyshack 

@Serotoninluv lol.  Like the antagonist in horror movies...when they’ve finally killed him...no chance Jason is going to be a problem again, we cut his head off and fed him to the wood chipper.....and then you notice him through the window, same damn mask & knife....awwwww come on!!!

Dave Groll nailed it imo...it is indeed Everlong, and we’d be nothing without it.

“Only thing I’ll ever ask of you - gotta promise not to stop when I say when.”

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Preetom

6 hours ago, Preetom said:

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. And glad that you've managed to notice this post glimpse/awakening trap without having to build a convoluted spiritual ego 10 years down the line.

This self referring thought/ego patterns are pernicious indeed. Adyashanti talks about how after every single glimpse, there is always a major chance of the ego coming back and corrupting that knowledge. Thats why there is a massive potential pitfall for psychedelics or any major spiritual glimpse.

Many people fall in this trap of considering enlightenment as a thinking game. While before they had miserable, sabotaging thoughts; now they wanna have enlightening thoughts. Talk about rearranging furnitures on the deck.

I am starting to see thought as a once ferocious tiger, now turned toothless. Refusing to believe a thought, we basically defang the tiger. It still bites from time to time, but there is no real significant consequence to it.

''I am miserable" and ''i am god" both thoughts are product of same delusion

For me, thought can still bite :) and it has, particularly in the last couple of days. I don't think I'm in the clear yet from having spotted this, it feels like I need to practice coming back again and again to awareness. It's great that the tiger has lost its fangs on your end!

@pluto@ wrong tag, sorry

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

in my experience, the  knowing where I truly always am... and from where I truly stand to create my reality... as WHAT I AM... not what I used to think what I was (body/individual) ... but what I always was and AM... so. does this knowing not give rise to thoughts and bring about experiences which match that understanding?

@SoonHei In my case, sometimes. I understand what you mean, thoughts that come from 'that deeper place' are peaceful and nothing to be concerned about. They can be beautiful thoughts, of gratitude, awe, admiration, love.

However, the thoughts that I described are unpleasant. They don't come with peace, they come with restlessness. With craving. And once the spiral starts it's hard to stop.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Gili Trawangan Nice insights ?. You might be interested in @Faceless old posts. He wrote a lot about movements of thoughts.

@Serotoninluv Thanks, I will check them out :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Serotoninluv lol.  Like the antagonist in horror movies...when they’ve finally killed him...no chance Jason is going to be a problem again, we cut his head off and fed him to the wood chipper.....and then you notice him through the window, same damn mask & knife....awwwww come on!!!

Dave Groll nailed it imo...it is indeed Everlong, and we’d be nothing without it.

“Only thing I’ll ever ask of you - gotta promise not to stop when I say when.”

6 hours ago, Preetom said:

@pluto@ sorry, can't delete this tag

@Nahm hahaha, that's a great analogy, that's what it feels like!!

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

I used to think that clear crystal was the best. That is was the “real” crystal. I would seek the clearest crystal possible and was bothered by defects in clarity. Later, the crystal itself was revealed. It wasn’t about the absence of cloudiness and inclusions. There is a realization of the underlying crystal essence, which may include cloudiness and inclusions. 

@Serotoninluv is it the same crystal though in its entirety though, that is the question. 

My view is that its not actually a trap to think it should be otherwise as the post thread suggests at the latter stages, it is simply a division within the larger whole

Edited by Aakash

4 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Serotoninluv is it the same crystal though in its entirety though, that is the question. 

There is no question. You made it up. 

@Serotoninluv LOL you mean WE! made it up for the benefits of others and scientific studies 

You would actually find 

7 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Serotoninluv LOL you mean WE! made it up for the benefits of others and scientific studies 

You would actually find 

You seem to be drifting off into a storyland of thoughts.  Such meandering can be fun and keep the mind entertained, yet it’s not the point. 

16 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I used to think that clear crystal was the best. That is was the “real” crystal. I would seek the clearest crystal possible and was bothered by defects in clarity. Later, the crystal itself was revealed. It wasn’t about the absence of cloudiness and inclusions. There is a realization of the underlying crystal essence, which may include cloudiness and inclusions. 

:x 

I recently noticed that when crystals or glass is cracked you can often see a rainbow reflection there. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Serotoninluv What if its the case, that we simply live in two different worlds which are identical in fact? Both with knowledge and direct experience that is relative absolutely but no way to prove it. What if what i'm saying can only been take on blind faith? 

What if, IF i me, myself take things as absolutely true because they are all absolutely true by belief itself

what if, there is in actuality no way to distinguish a belief from direct experience and that they are identical, including no direct experience itself 

Edited by Aakash

8 hours ago, pluto said:

That's why its called "awakening" Don't think your a master just yet, you were just born :P again.

Enlightenment is stabilized awakenings ;)

I think it was Adyashanti who said that enlightenment is just the beginning.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

15 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I recently noticed that when crystals or glass is cracked you can often see a rainbow reflection there. 

That sounds beautiful. I haven’t seen that yet. I love both crystal and rainbows. I bet that would supercharge my grid. ? ? 

@Aakash  One word is too many, a trillion words is not enough.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

One word is too many, a trillion words is not enough.

Solid Gold right there!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Serotoninluv it doesn't matter, answer me this 

What is your justification for why it should not be done? 

Edited by Aakash