Nivsch

I think I just realized that meditation, If done as a response of a negative wave

17 posts in this topic

and done in order to reduce the negative wave - will be uneffective. Any method even the "Do nothing" method just won't work.

Thats what I feel in all last couple of days.

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Meditate to meditate, no goal. Sit to sit, walk to walk, what is is. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

are you saying the effect of the negative wave will be felt no matter what?

i had the same realization. i was using it to avert negative mental states in a way. to cope. 

Three year+ of meditation and i can say it has reduced my anxiety to zero, negative thinking to zero. I started meditation for that and i am happy with my result.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

thats because a negative wave is a message from your body saying you have stuff to deal with, deal with it, then meditate, less anxiety

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You're right , it won't reduce it.

The point is to be aware of it and not react to it.

4 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Three year+ of meditation and i can say it has reduced my anxiety to zero, negative thinking to zero. I started meditation for that and i am happy with my result.

What you exactly do? 

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

It's ok to take medicine when you are sick and expect improvement. The key is to focus on what you want and to find things to enjoy about the meditations. Focus on states that you do not want to feel will make them more of your experience so if we pay attention to how we feel and appreciate the states we do want to feel, we will have more of them.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Mulky the pure sensation - yes.

The worse sensation (as a result of reaction to it) - no nesseserily.

On 25.7.2019 at 1:41 PM, mandyjw said:

It's ok to take medicine when you are sick and expect improvement. The key is to focus on what you want and to find things to enjoy about the meditations. Focus on states that you do not want to feel will make them more of your experience so if we pay attention to how we feel and appreciate the states we do want to feel, we will have more of them.

? i'll try

On 25.7.2019 at 0:41 PM, mandyjw said:

I disagree with this, being present with feelings we try to avoid, going through them willingly will melt them away. Resistance to feelings will make them stay. 

I’ve found that practices like meditation and yoga can relax the mind and body. This can allow space for insights to arise about deeper conditioning underlying patterns of discomfort. In this context, it can help with personal growth and well-being. Yet, there is also a facet that these practices will not promote progress toward, because in another context - there is nothing to progress toward. It’s always here and now - in whatever is happening here and now in direct experience. In this context, using meditation to progress to here and now can be a very frustrating and disappointing experience - since one has already arrived. 

5 hours ago, Fishy said:

I disagree with this, being present with feelings we try to avoid, going through them willingly will melt them away. Resistance to feelings will make them stay. 

I agree with this to, you don't necessarily have to disagree with either point of view. Truth is a paradox, eventually everything is seen as true until the mind is stopped. Meditation can be a powerful tool to make you aware of the things you need to work on/focus on when you aren't meditating. Mastery of focus on what you want is not repression. As strange as it sounds, deep shadow work can actually be exhilarating. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I agree with this to, you don't necessarily have to disagree with either point of view. Truth is a paradox, eventually everything is seen as true until the mind is stopped. Meditation can be a powerful tool to make you aware of the things you need to work on/focus on when you aren't meditating. Mastery of focus on what you want is not repression. As strange as it sounds, deep shadow work can actually be exhilarating. 

Yes totally, we are on the same page ?

@Nivsch

Meditation is observation. Meditation aims at better understanding of the self, just like science aims at better understanding of the universe.

The short term effects might differ, and those should also be noticed and noted, by being aware, in order to understand the self. The ultimate goal is to know the self, by increasing awareness. That can only happen through careful observation, aka meditation.