Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SCM

Leo's Enlightenment Guided Inquiry

5 posts in this topic

So after Leo’s last video I’ve been having lots of questions. I don’t see lots of posts here and assume it's not what people want to talk about. But still I want to get it out, even if it's just for my own relief!

1. The realization that there is nothing I’ve had many times in my life, starting when I was 16. Not being able to talk to anybody about it, it contributed to depression for sure. So that nothing part is pretty easy for me to comprehend nowadays, because looking at evolution it only seems natural that there can’t be an “I” or third entity.

2. However since yesterday I’m questioning if the realization of nothingness can be aqurate. Because after all this realization is a thought/feeling/word appearing. What if there IS something but we can’t detect it because we only have 5 senses?

3. Leo describes nothingness as an endless field. I’d be curious to know why. If it’s nothing it’s nothing or? How can nothingness be a field? Please correct me if I misunderstood.

4. Leo says the nothingess has falsely identified with our body. If so, what would the alternative be? We would be born and our parents would tell us what? That we are nothingness and shouldn’t take that body we are going to identify with too seriously? Ultimately it would mean (physical) death.

Of course it’s important to ask questions about oneself and existence, but we shouldn’t forget that life is to be lived. Because after all we can be nothing when we are dead. Gee, at least I hope so. Or can the nothingness continue to falsely identify with new life by default?

2 hours ago, stephanie said:

Because after all this realization is a thought/feeling/word appearing.

The realization is not a thought/feeling/word appearing. 

Thoughts/feelings/words appear in the realization.

That's why it's incommunicable.

Edited by Mutupo

@Mutupo Ok, so it would be interesting to do an EEG on someone who realizes the nothingness. 

@Shiva Thank you for your input. I get it, it's one "theory" Leo has and it's cool to check it out and look into it. But for myself speaking, I remain open to  all possibilities, not just following one.

As fas as depression and realizing the nothingness - I didn't mean enlightenment, just that there is nothing special to me except for being part of evolution, and no soul, spirit etc.

@stephanie If you took an EEG, all you would have is an EEG, you would have no idea whether that person was actually experiencing nothingness.

Edited by Mutupo