Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonty

Great Enlightenment Quote

11 posts in this topic

I wanted to share this quote I heard the other day. I can't even remember where I heard it to be honest, but think it was Ramaji. He was talking about when you are truly awakened, there is no need to continue to seek anything. I loved it. This isn't verbatim, but close enough to get it across.

"When one truly awakens and materialism dissipates, so does spirituality. Spirituality is the antidote to materialism. Once we are cured of the disease, there is no longer a need to continue to take the medicine"

Edited by Jonty
Clarification

44 minutes ago, Jonty said:

"When one truly awakens and materialism dissipates, so does spirituality. Spirituality is the antidote to materialism. Once we are cured of the disease, there is no longer a need to continue to take the medicine"

Yes, once the 'seeker' collapses, the seeking stops.

@Natasha LOL shit everything is being recontextualise for me, so what do you call the seeker beyond the seeker lol, what new distinction have you built for it?

@Aakash By the 'seeker' I mean the energy that is trying to grasp something and get somewhere. That energy will collapse once you realize what you've been looking for is right there and it's been you all along.

@Natasha Yes i know, i'm saying lets recontextualise the word seeker lol, the seeker is the who finds god, who is the seeker after that. its god himself lol, but this is not a viable word lol. 

5 minutes ago, Aakash said:

the seeker is the who finds god, who is the seeker after that. its god himself

Yes, God playing hide and seek with itself :ph34r::D

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

Yes, God playing hide and seek with itself :ph34r::D

You will never find me :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

You will never find me :ph34r:

There was this show I watched once about 3 guys playing hide and seek. So this guy hid from the other 2 guys not knowing the 2 guys had decided not to look for him. This was in a big house. He sat there in his hiding place for hours before realized he was played and no one was ever looking for him in the first place :P

He said he would never ever play hide and seek again in his life xD

@Shin @Natasha  lol, how about we call it the meta-seeker because they are trying to find meta contextualisation of consciousness itself 

thats how i feel right now natasha 

20 minutes ago, Natasha said:

There was this show I watched once about 3 guys playing hide and seek. So this guy hid from the other 2 guys not knowing the 2 guys had decided not to look for him. This was in a big house. He sat there in his hiding place for hours before realized he was played and no one was ever looking for him in the first place :P

He said he would never ever play hide and seek again in his life xD

No one is looking for me ? :(

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

No one is looking for me ? :(

You need to hide a little better 9_9

hide and seek.jpg