Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emotionalmosquito

Question on latest video

13 posts in this topic

So say you reach the point where you can imagine a completely different reality and fully assimilate into it. What if someone comes along seeing you in a catatonic state and drugs you with an anti psychotic like Thorazine or lithium and suddenly you find yourself right back here. Wouldn't that alone prove this reality is the more real one? Or would such a high level of consciousness render those drugs ineffective? People are brought back from heroic dose psy trips that way all the time. I don't understand how being pulled out of a different world unexpectedly after perhaps an equivalence of decades of living a different life then slowly re-remembering everything about this reality just like high dose trip come downs could be just more imagination. I realize this question is heavily framed in dualistic notions of separateness but i need to know. I really want what was said in this video to be true because I've had trips that have led me to somewhat believe it may be possible.

Drugs are imaginary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Drugs are imaginary.

So the drugs could only work that way if you imagined it to be possible? If you've ascended to the above and beyond like full Buddha or Christ then someone injects you daily with fluoride, meth and other neuro toxins would it still not bring you back down to ordinary consciousness or lower if you don't believe it can? I guess that could make sense since many of us I assume have heard the story of ram das, neem karoli baba and the lsd. But it seems like you could be unenlightened that way considering the use of nootropics, a healthy diet and excercise is essential for this work. You have to cleanse the mind and body to make it easier to realize the true self is beyond mind and body. So wouldn't it work in reverse?

12 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Got that right.

LoL ?

10 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@Emotionalmosquito

You ever played Super Mario 64?

Princess_Peach's_Castle_-_Inside.png

Never played that particular one. Why, does it do a good job portraying the dreamlike qualities of life?

On 7/3/2019 at 1:15 PM, Emotionalmosquito said:

So the drugs could only work that way if you imagined it to be possible? If you've ascended to the above and beyond like full Buddha or Christ then someone injects you daily with fluoride, meth and other neuro toxins would it still not bring you back down to ordinary consciousness or lower if you don't believe it can? I guess that could make sense since many of us I assume have heard the story of ram das, neem karoli baba and the lsd. But it seems like you could be unenlightened that way considering the use of nootropics, a healthy diet and excercise is essential for this work. You have to cleanse the mind and body to make it easier to realize the true self is beyond mind and body. So wouldn't it work in reverse?

You are confusing belief with the imagination power of consciousness.

Neither Christ nor the Buddha had total access to infinite consciousness.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:58 PM, Leo Gura said:

You are confusing belief with the imagination power of consciousness.

Really? Isn't that what made them who they were? Surely they had partial access. Is there no way to gain full access while still remaining human, like drift into infinity and return as many times as you need  whenever? That might be oversimplified but I thought that's the type of thing we were headed towards.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:10 PM, Nic Terpstra said:

@Leo Gura I imagined myself going through about 100 dab cartridges this year. Very counter intuitive ?

That's pretty hardcore. Dabs are about three x too strong for my liking. I prefer plain flower occasionally.

49 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Surely they had partial access.

That's what I said.

Everyone has partial access. But there are many degrees of partial, from a dog to a buddha.

49 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Is there no way to gain full access while still remaining human,

I don't see how. Even the most enlightened people still cannot change their physical body into a kangaroo.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, Leo Gura said:

the imagination power of consciousness.

This is the imaginative power of consciousness. So infinite.

Edited by CreamCat

On 7/5/2019 at 3:58 AM, Leo Gura said:

Have you accessed it totally?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment Like I said, I don't see how a human can. Humans are limited by virtue of being in a body.

Humans can access the Absolute quite easily, but not the entire Creation.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Enlightenment Like I said, I don't see how a human can. Humans are limited by virtue of being in a body.

Humans can access the Absolute quite easily, but not the entire Creation.

Isn't it the same ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Isn't it the same ?

isn't the absolute Nothingness, while creation is the dualistic stuff which nothingness creates? For example part of creation is the sun and stars.

As a human you can access nothingness but that doesn't mean you can change the colour of our sun to blue

8 hours ago, Shin said:

Isn't it the same ?

Amazing no.

You can be deeply enlightened but still not know about kangaroos.

You think the Buddha knew about kangaroos?