Psyche_92

Fighting with my thoughts.

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Lately i'm having a lot of issues with my mother revolving around her overbearing and clingy attitude towards me. This is having a lot of influence on me. Especially my mind has been going nuts over the past few days, and i can't seem to get some sort of control or relaxation over it. It's starting to give me headaches etc.

I have  a solid meditation practice going, and i'm doing at least 1 hour of meditation with the "do nothing" technique everyday. I'm thinking of raising this to maybe 2 hours a day, since my life is a little stressfull for me at this point.

Do you have any advice? I'm trying not to change my thoughts or go against them or anything like that, but it's a total shitstorm atm.

1 hour ago, Psyche_92 said:

I'm trying not to change my thoughts or go against them or anything like that, but it's a total shitstorm atm.

You cannot still a pond with a stick. Your mind is not inside of your skull.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

What things do you really appreciate about your Mom? Contemplate those to stop the momentum of the negative thought patterns you have about her and the situation. If it's too heavy of a subject, think of an area of your life that is going well and direct more of your thought energy to that. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost