AlphaAbundance

What to do when completely and utterly confused?

37 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Umar_uk

Invalid criticism was when you criticised him for a good neutral advice. That shows how biased the criticism is.

Again, I'm not saying Leo is perfect. I'm saying he's a good person.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me like you are so triggered by Leo's opinions of you. Notice that by doing that you're subtly giving him power over your life.

If I'd care for other people's opinions, then I'd be doomed. If I care so much about one person's opinion, then that means their opinions are important to me. The question is: why would they be?

I will respect your request and stop "preaching" to you unless you tell me to continue the discussion.

I was just trying to help. I apologise.

Leo was triggered by something in what I'd replied to him ... was he triggered to make that judgment call, calling me a nondual snob.. it works both ways.

Stop being silly hypocrites.

So hey LEO....  you are the most foolish FRAUD on the entire internet... but I really love you... even though.

Geeeze...what a joke.

Edited by Umar_uk

@Umar_uk

From your reply, I assume that you want me to continue the discussion.

Leo can get triggered, of course. He's just a human being like the rest of us.

I don't think Leo is a fraud, I think he's trying to make the world a better place. Obviously, that's just my opinion and you don't agree with me. That's fine though, that's how growth happens. If Leo is wise, then he will consider your perspective. I believe he will, and you will see some changes. He does not necessarily have to say it though.

Nobody likes their self-image (ego) to be threatened, and nobody likes to admit they're wrong in front of others. That's okay, the ego has to survive to fulfill its purpose.

Leo has to keep his image as a teacher too, so that should be considered as well. If he says that he's ignorant and deluded, then that will make him an untrustworthy source for information.

Anyway, if I have the truth, why would I care about the "lies"?

Edited by Truth Addict

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Umar_uk

I don't think Leo is a fraud,

I don't think I'm a nondual snob.

Why does Leo think it's ok to project what he thinks onto others?

Does saying Leo is a fraud trigger you to say he's not a fraud? ..does that comment not trigger something in you to react?

Words can trigger a reaction, it's not about who is right or wrong, it's not about losing power or gaining power.

If we want the world to be a better place..then be impeccable with your words...don't judge less you be judged, stop kissing the feet of others and think for yourself.

And you are right Leo is not a fraud...no more than I am a nondual snob. But if the label sticks wear it. I know better than to wear it.

Leo also said he doesn't want to preach to a choir of freaks and nondual assholes, and yet he is quite happy to do so...do you see the weird irony in that ? ..in that he is only talking to himself.

Also, do you think preaching to the non - nondualists about nonduality are going to understand a single word he is saying when he practically is speaking from an Absolute context? ...and then he has the audacity to call the nondualists on his forum snobby assholes when they put their two pence worth in. 

Seems like a very confused mind-set to me.

Edited by Umar_uk

If Leo can't handle other peoples opinions by calling them a nondual snob then he's the one who should practice shutting himself the fuck up.

I'm sorry but that made me laugh for the first time in ages.

@winterknight

There is a therapist of psychoanalysis not far from me and they are from the organisation you recommend. I really don't see how they can solve the problem of reality being an illusion though. The therapist is also an illusion so I don't really know what I should do.

@Truth Addict

Leo is not trying to make the world a better place, he is doing it for his own self entertainment and survival.

When I am fully conscious, there is no one left to awaken. All my work is self-entertainment.

When you fully awake you will realize there isn't anyone here but you. But you will also quickly drop back down into conventional reality and treat other people as if they are real and objective. You can't really help it. It's just practical and works for purposes of survival.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun 

Perhaps the two are one ;)

Survival comes from making the world a better place and that's how you can live to entertain yourself and others if you like since others are you too.

11 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Shaun 

Perhaps the two are one ;)

Survival comes from making the world a better place and that's how you can live to entertain yourself and others if you like since others are you too.

Yes, they are me in the sense that they are just an illusion that I'm creating. I don't think they have their own experience like I do.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Yes, they are me in the sense that they are just an illusion that I'm creating. I don't think they have their own experience like I do.

I assure you that I am having my own experience :D you are not alone.

52 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I'm sorry but that made me laugh for the first time in ages.

@winterknight

There is a therapist of psychoanalysis not far from me and they are from the organisation you recommend. I really don't see how they can solve the problem of reality being an illusion though. The therapist is also an illusion so I don't really know what I should do.

Psychoanalysts help people understand themselves better. A large part of the seeker's quest is understanding themselves better. Whether things are an illusion or not doesn't change that. You're in emotional pain and confusion. If you want to grasp spiritual truth, that must be dealt with, and psychoanalysis is one of the very best ways.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:43 PM, AlphaAbundance said:

What to do when your completely and utterly confused about everything? Like "how do I know anyone's advice towards this question is valid" levels of confused. Like "how can I be certain of anything?" levels of confused. Like "how do we know experiementation even reveals truth" levels of confused.

I have started and quit habits (concentration, meditation, self-inquiry, lifting, etc) many times due to uncertainty over if I am on the right path or if this is just unnecessary suffering/effort or if this effort is even worth it. Honestly been stuck like this for over a year now and feeling hopeless.

You can never be confused with direct experience. That would be a good start to see what's actually there :)

@winterknight

Is psychoanalysis the same as shadow work plus working it out with someone professional?

If not, then could you please elaborate on the differences?

Edited by Truth Addict

Just now, Truth Addict said:

@winterknight

Is psychoanalysis the same as shadow work plus working it out with someone else?

Sort of, but not really. Shadow work is a very specific term that comes out of one school of thinking and that has all kinds of associations and meanings. It's better to talk about the unconscious rather than the shadow.

And it's not just what you could do on your own, but with another person. A relationship makes the whole thing fundamentally different.

Psychoanalysis is a form of getting to know yourself, and particularly your unconscious, in a relational context.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

Thank you! I don't know of any psychoanalysts in my area.

But I have my brother and we're very open about ourselves to each other. It's helping both of us.

We're going out tonight for a walk. Anything that you can suggest to me to talk about with him from your experiences with psychoanalysis?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Truth Addict

9 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@winterknight

Thank you! I don't know of any psychoanalysts in my area.

But I have my brother and we're very open about ourselves to each other. It's helping both of us.

We're going out tonight for a walk. Anything that you can suggest to me to talk about with him from your experiences with psychoanalysis?

Thanks in advance.

Well, talking with your brother is great, though it's not anything like analysis. They're both valuable but in very different ways. Talk about your feelings and listen to his. Emotional truth is what it's all about.

Where are you located? I can check if there are any analysts nearby.