How to be wise

How to verify that reincarnation is real?

35 posts in this topic

If you as an ego knew youd be reincarnated that would spoil all the fun of life. Life is exciting because it feels terrifyingly REAL! :D

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I have a theory that certain repeating dreams of places and strong inexplicable feelings that come up when you see certain things are parts of past life memories. I have a handful that go back from my childhood but it can be hard to sort out early childhood experiences from past memories. For me it's a certain kind of antique chair, a really old clock and a memory/repeating dream vision of a meadow. 

It's also possible that you can tie into other people's thoughts and memories, dead or alive as you become more awake. I don't think it's necessary or helpful to personalize very much, "this was MY past life!", those kinds of thoughts. If we are all one and there's no time, what's the point? It becomes the same kind of thing as identifying yourself by what hair or eye color you have, it's just another identification with self. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

A large amount of enlightened people say that reincarnation is real, so not only Advaita Vedanta etc. says it.

Do you know what "real" means so that you hold on to claims of enlightened people about it?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

A wise man once sayed nothing really dies it just comes back in a new form. Then he died. 

You cannot love what you need.

The understanding of reincarnation, or even of carnation, is in actuality itself you. The understanding is no more a product of an understander, than consciousness a product of a brain. There is not that which understands, and that which is understood. There is not one which incarnates, and reincarnates - there is nonduality, actuality, and it is only you. The inescapable fact, is the catalyst of the very thought “reincarnation”. It is Self evident. The conceptualized self survives via self reference , past reference, and future reference. The gospel Is, and there are none of these. Concept survives only in the mind of man, while man is, in actuality, only Mind. Who can it be said to “I reincarnate”? Who says this?  Often the first step away is “soul”, the second “reincarnation”, an odd blasphemy of Understanding. A reservation for the understander, a table for one, at which no one is ever sitting.  A thought about self, is itself, the self - not, in actuality, some thing, about some self. ALL is Well, so too are you, the misunderstanding, so too are you, every thought.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Is that what you meant by your note that you wrote for yourself? "There's no reincarnation" 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Is there some way I can directly verify this? Is there an enlightenment experience where you become conscious of reincarnation? Otherwise, surely this is just another belief.

There is no reincarnation, how could there be? Who is there to reincarnate? There are no persons, there is no birth or death, there is ultimately nothing except Manifestation/Awareness.No 'thing' can leave or come into Awareness because Awareness is all there is, and it is not a thing. ''Things'' are experiences of Awareness aware of experiences.

The only existence is Awareness. A person is itself Awareness. There is not a person aware of itself as a person nor is there disembodied invisible consciousness aware of person as person, there is only the experience ''person''

@Umar_uk indeed that is from the non-dual perspective.  From a dualistic perspective you as God will explore yourself as every possibility.  That is what is meant here by Reincarnation.  It's not about what particular form that possiblity manifests itself as.  You/God are the awareness behind the illusion of all eyes.  "Reincarnation" is the word pointing to infinite possibilities within consciousness.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Ultimately that's true.

But maybe reincarnation exists on some relative level, before liberation.

Yes, the meaning, the thought, still you, existing, meaninglessly, though even that implies meaning.

....liberation, still you. You don’t actually liberate from. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Ultimately that's true.

But maybe reincarnation exists on some relative level, before liberation.

Nothing I say (know) is absolute. Everything I say (know) is relative. But from the absolute boundless inextinguishable Source level there is no liberation or reincarnation.

35 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Umar_uk indeed that is from the non-dual perspective.  From a dualistic perspective you as God will explore yourself as every possibility.  That is what is meant here by Reincarnation.  It's not about what particular form that possiblity manifests itself as.  You/God are the awareness behind the illusion of all eyes.  "Reincarnation" is the word pointing to infinite possibilities within consciousness.

There is no such thing as a Non-dual perspective. All perspectives are relative. And that's what this one here, the relative point of view (illusion) was pointing to in that on the absolute level reincarnation is not real for no thing is real. The real, aka God has no relatives. He's an only child metaphysically speaking. Which ever way this point is being pointed to is different that's all, ultimately it's all the same difference.  

Nothing I say / speak of is Absolute.

There is a feeling and a knowing. An inescapable falling away of untruth. If you think you know it then you don't. When you know it, you do. And when you do know it, no one can take it away from you.

Edited by Umar_uk