seeking_brilliance

Interesting things said by Jesus....

100 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Shin said:

No wonder he wasn't understood, he talks so much in riddles, that unless you've already understood what he is saying, you never will ?

Yes he does but so do people on here lol.  He said many times, let them who have ears, let them hear. He is saying those who understand will know what I'm taking about.  

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes he does but so do people on here lol.  He said many times, let them who have ears, let them hear. He is saying those who understand will know what I'm taking about.  

4 hours ago, Bill W said:

There is a bible for children. I think it's called the message.

I struggle with the King James version so I use a different one. There are some good websites that if you type in the verse it will give you the same message but in easier to understand English language. These sites are good as they link to different Bible translations so you can end up seeing just how 'watered down'the translation is from the King James version. It's good to compare in case you feel a verse has been translated so much that it's lost it's original meaning.

Except Nahm, I don't see anyone talking in riddles.

It's just so hard (impossible actually) to describe, that it looks like it's riddles, but it really is not.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin You are my unsolved riddle. 

It feels so different to read this stuff now. 

When I read it earlier in life had no Fucking idea wtf this verses are about. 

I just finished listening to Resurrecting Jesus: Embodying the Spirit of a Revolutionary Mystic by Adyashanti. I highly recommend it :)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18147363-resurrecting-jesus

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other Matthew 6:24

3 hours ago, Shin said:

Except Nahm, I don't see anyone talking in riddles.

It's just so hard (impossible actually) to describe, that it looks like it's riddles, but it really is not.

He used metaphors true, but the problem he had was that he was born on a highly religious community. So, they called Reality God. That's how they understand it. And even having very deep epiphanies, revelations and understanding they always tried to interpret it the way they could.

When Jesus understood there was a deeper meaning to those teaching a lot of people of God didn't. That's why they wanted to kill him and stone him.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@SoothedByRain thanks for that. I will add it to my books to read list 

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

He used metaphors true, but the problem he had was that he was born on a highly religious community. So, they called Reality God. That's how they understand it. And even having very deep epiphanies, revelations and understanding they always tried to interpret it the way they could.

When Jesus understood there was a deeper meaning to those teaching a lot of people of God didn't. That's why they wanted to kill him and stone him.

True, but if you take Buddha, it was extremely precise and neutral of religious beliefs :D

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Yes @Shin but that's because Buddha was born in a society much more philosophical than Jesus. He learnt from the Vedas that they have some religious stuff but is also heavily oriented to philosophy. IMO.

:D

5 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Yes @Shin but that's because Buddha was born in a society much more philosophical than Jesus. He learnt from the Vedas that they have some religious stuff but is also heavily oriented to philosophy. IMO.

:D

In all honesty YOU invented/are all of it. 

From the Gospel of Thomas:

1. And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty.".

this is a good one:

His disciples said to him, "When will the rest for the dead take place, and when will the new world come?"

He said to them, "What you are looking forward to has come, but you don't know it."

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.

Split a piece of wood; I am there.

Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

108. Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."

Jesus was a buddhist, haha !

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@Nahm@Nahm.

I seem to no longer be able to edit my second post... Any suggestions? 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:04 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

I think you can only edit a post for 48hrs. 

The Gospel of Thomas has some pretty strange stuff in it:

Gospel of Thomas 114

Jesus says: "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

I guess that's why there aren't many spiritual teachers who are female...

13 minutes ago, jim123 said:

The Gospel of Thomas has some pretty strange stuff in it:

Gospel of Thomas 114

Jesus says: "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Lol ? even Jesus has an off day then, unless someone has misquoted him. 

1 hour ago, jim123 said:

What Jesus meant is that you must not identify with your gender, you cannot identify as male or female and be enlightened. 

Galatians 3:28 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

@seeking_brilliance Weird, not sure why. Can you edit the first post (op)? Maybe copy & paste the second into the first, then hide the second one. 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:04 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

4 hours ago, Bill W said:

I think you can only edit a post for 48hrs. 

That must be the case, since I now don't have access to my first 4 posts.... Oh well, I think I compiled a pretty good list that will get some people interested to do their own investigation. Please continue posting anything you find

Edited by seeking_brilliance