Soul-lover 2020

My thread.

29 posts in this topic

Hi Andrea,

Was pleased to see you started a thread. I'm new here and I'm also new to the Bible and am using the Bible and connecting at church to aid my recovery. I've seen some of your posts so I was curious about this thread. I'm also a mental health nurse so I am risking sounding quite ignorant... but what's your angle here? What are we looking at and why? What kind of dialogue is this designed to start? ?

16 hours ago, Bill W said:

Hi Andrea,

Was pleased to see you started a thread. I'm new here and I'm also new to the Bible and am using the Bible and connecting at church to aid my recovery. I've seen some of your posts so I was curious about this thread. I'm also a mental health nurse so I am risking sounding quite ignorant... but what's your angle here? What are we looking at and why? What kind of dialogue is this designed to start? ?

Bill W,

My thread is intended as a place where I shall just be sharing things which I find interesting.  People should feel free to agree or disagree, or simply share their own real world insights in relation to whatever is shared.  You are free even to rate what I share.  But please be polite about it.

Mental illness interests me because I suffered a partial mental breakdown 32 years ago, and there was a spiritual dimension to it.  I was a young man of 20 years of age and had been a Christian for only a few months.  I went to a "church" that wasn't mainstream, and the elders didn't have a clue about how to help me.  The leader turned out to be a "loose cannon".  He would talk about Jesus Christ and demons, but wasn't a respected Bible teacher. At the time I realized I wasn't safe for my girlfriend to be with, and decided that we should split up.  She developed bipolar.

Young people have to be handled with great sensitivity and care.  

Since then I have known some wonderful Christians, including my beloved late wife.

Andrea :)       

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

@Soul-lover 2020 Christianity used to be a big part of my life for many years. I worked and travelled with missionaries as an interpreter (my first language is Russian) and got saved during that time. When I came to the States, I immediately got plugged into a local Christian church, became a serious Bible student, attended and taught Bible school, did prayer retreats, etc. Being a part of the Christian community had its place at that stage of my life.

After my husband's passing and surviving an illness myself, I went deep into the rabbit hole re-evaluating my life experiences and my relationship with reality. There were some hard realizations that were leading me to question and investigate just how valid my perceptions of reality were and also to take a closer look at the image I was projecting to the outside world that I was trying to keep up. I saw deep inside there was someone deeply covered with layers and layers of conditioning and programming, as I found out later - the body-mind construct known as the ego.

I dug through the layers of my conditioning including my 'roles' as a woman, daughter, citizen, religious person, mother, employee, etc all the way to my 'role' as a human being. It takes time to penetrate all these layers and you have to be radically honest with yourself as you do this work. Those realizations can be hard and shocking, but if the Truth is what you're after, it has to be done nonetheless.

At the end of that rabbit hole you find out what you have been searching for all your life was there the whole time. Peace, freedom, and Truth are not found in beliefs, but in Being, and nothing is closer to it than Yourself :)   

Edited by Natasha

5 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Wow @Natasha ! I can't imagine what you must've gone through. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Really eye-opening! 

She's the real Leia Skywalker

But she doesn't want to accept the call 9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Natasha Thanks for sharing! You are very strong really. Much love!

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Natasha beautiful story thanks for sharing.

?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

At the end of that rabbit hole you find out what you have been searching for all your life was there the whole time. Peace, freedom, and Truth are not found in beliefs, but in Being, and nothing is closer to it than Yourself :)   

❤️ ? 

Here's a poem that I wrote last year:

The Lovers.

Lover:

"Come, my beloved, let us drink deeply

from the chalice filled with

the nectar of Love.

She stirs our hearts with desire - 

I sing joyously of thee."

Beloved: 

"For thee alone, my handsome prince,

do I sing Love’s passionate song.

Ye are mine and I am thine -

our hearts beating in unison..."

Lover:

"Together do we eagerly dance to the 

rhythm of Love's song, 

entering the heights of Her rhapsodies -

souls in passionate consummation,  

delighting in the sacred union that's 

transforming us within..."

Beloved:

"And with Her tender embrace

does Love draw us deeper into the One - 

our rapturous spirits worshiping

the Divine."

- Andrea La Rocca

30th April 2018

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

On 6/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, Nahm said:

@Soul-lover 2020 How was the apocalypse?

What apocalypse?!!

Nahm,

I'm NOT interested in sharing in your confusion.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:34 PM, Natasha said:

@Soul-lover 2020 That's a sweet poem/song. Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you dear lady. :)