kieranperez

Thoughts on Blog Post About Unconditional Love

49 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Leo Gura You're still scared of becoming Jesus, but that's what you are. They won't crucify you this time, I promise. 

Buddha held back. Mother Earth doesn't have time for that shit. 

I suggest you slow up on your projections. 

The fact that youre criticizing mystics of the highest order like Buddha for not going deep enough is just ridiculous and silly. You are in no position to be a critic. 

The fact that someone can be honest about the fact that they still have more room for growth is just merely that, being honest. If you were truly as awake as you try to come off in your posts you wouldn’t be spending so much time on a forum. Show some honesty and humility, please.

If you are being genuine with yourself, then you will be doing a genuine service. How large of an impact will you make? Shouldn't matter. Whatever amount you do make, you can always desire more and more and you won't always be alive to see it all manifest. But there's something more important to see here: The fact you are questioning whether or not you should do it should cast doubts. Why do I say this? Because if it was in your true nature to do such work, then there would be not doubt about it. So either you have not discovered your true nature (in the sense of embodying it), or your ego is plotting something and expecting certain outcomes in regards to your visions. 

To summarize, you should do things out of love, for the sake of love and doing them in service of the Whole. You cannot control what people do with your work or whether they even follow your work. How many Christians are really Christians out there? Probably a handful. So even Christ (if he existed) couldn't make a big enough impact to change anything. The world is the same as it ever was. Any change will be met with equal and opposite changes. These changes will come in different forms. This is why you should do things regardless of any doubts your mind can come up with, because nothing is worth it in the end unless you give it value.

That's my two cents and what I've personally come to conclude even just a few months ago.

@kieranperez

@kieranperez Oh, you're calling me full of shit again. I'll be indebted to you forever for the first time you said that to me, in response to my post about being a mother to my kids and connecting with them at birth. That sliced through my ego and was a knife to the heart like nothing else. It's funny how full circle this conversation is going. 

I have a lot of growing to do. So do we all. 

I do badly need to balance my time on the forum but something really strange is happening here right now, maybe something I've waited my whole lives for and I can't look away. Real life and internet are another duality, after all. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

19 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

The fact that youre criticizing mystics of the highest order like Buddha for not going deep enough is just ridiculous and silly. You are in no position to be a critic. 

It's very difficult as a woman, to believe that Buddha was more woke than Jesus. Buddha resisted letting women into Buddhism. Jesus had Mary Magdalene as a disciple and she even wrote her own Gospel, which is an awesome nondual read if you feel inclined. So yeah, sorry, Jesus was more woke than Buddha. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw  all that really matters if you are woke or not; those people, if they even existed, are gone...they lived in different times under different circumstance, albeit suffering the same way we do in different ways.

18 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Oh, you're calling me full of shit again. I'll be indebted to you forever for the first time you said that to me, in response to my post about being a mother to my kids and connecting with them at birth. That sliced through my ego and was a knife to the heart like nothing else. It's funny how full circle this conversation is going. 

Watch how you’re framing the points I’m making. 

I didn’t say nor imply you’re full of shit or any of those other projections. I’m pointing out projections and seem to be this clinging to Christianity. 

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

It's very difficult as a woman, to believe that Buddha was more woke than Jesus. Buddha resisted letting women into Buddhism. Jesus had Mary Magdalene as a disciple and she even wrote her own Gospel, which is is insanely awesome nondual read if you feel inclined. So yeah, sorry, Jesus was more woke than Buddha. 

You’re not a historian. There was no Jesus.

I repeat: THERE WAS NO JESUS. 

The fact that you’re judging the social structures of people who lived (one of which never did) 2000-2500 years ago is ridiculous. Yeah and Muhammad also killed people. Spiritual development and intelligence is not the same thing as modern day moral development, not to mention all the other lines of development. 

Even if Jesus did exist, which we have no proof that he did (not that it matters), he would NOT be fully enlightened today. Sages and mystics stay current are adapt to not only the highest realizations in their spiritual development but also in their levels of growing up (Spiral Dynamics, cognitive development, etc.). 

@Angelo John Gage those are some good points for sure. I am by no means awake. I am still very much deeply ignorant and have a lot of areas of my life I still have yet to develop and clean up. Coming back down from certain awakenings I’ve had via the 2 psychedelic trips I’ve had (which of course is nothing) has been hard because the distance from what I want and where I am now is so huge that a lot of my fear comes from that kinda place overwhelm at the task at hand. 

Edited by kieranperez

@Angelo John Gage 

Yes, but still we are under the illusion of time so that we can create things, so we have past memories and past desires that take multiple lifetimes to fulfill. When you renounce desire and renounce time you awaken to bigger desires and a sense of urgency.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nope, that's conditional love.

What?

The closest thing to unconditional love that actually exists in real life is the love and acceptance mothers have for their children. 

one day this will all be memories

3 hours ago, kag101 said:

What?

The closest thing to unconditional love that actually exists in real life is the love and acceptance mothers have for their children. 

Mother's love can be extremely conditional, as many kids can attest.

It is a myth that mothers automatically accept their children. If only that were true.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Unconditional love is emptiness.

Always receptive, always there for you when you need it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

When you have kids, they become fragments of yourself and life will give you the very pieces that you cannot accept about yourself along with a biological drug-like attachment and fierce love for them. Kids tear you apart literally and figuratively. 

@tsuki Hi. 

@mandyjw Hi.

You know that I told @kieranperez that he's full of shit the same day he told you the same words?

I'm sorry for not honoring people's fragility to protect mine. It always comes back.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki I didn't know that, I was trying to go back to this thread and find it. 

Instead I found this, 

On 4/2/2019 at 6:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

"Don't be a smartass with me."

"This was so right and so perfect too. 

Reconcile right and wrong within yourself. Don't ask others to do it, they can't do it for you. They are you. "

I don't even remember why I wrote that, what did it have to do with Leo or the thread? Was it a note to future self? Is this why I cling to Christianity, because I'm terrified of having no moral structure anymore, especially with the awareness that everything I do is for my survival? 

4 hours ago, kag101 said:

What?

Explain mothers that kill their babies.

Is that unconditional love ?

I probably should kill my dog so I could show him how much I love him.

9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Hamsters naturally eat their babies if they don't have a good environment to raise them in and don't feel safe. They probably want to prevent them from suffering or taking resources from the parents and causing their own death as well. You think the human instinct is any different? 

Think of all the pro-choice/ pro-life debates. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Mother's love can be extremely conditional, as many kids can attest.

I am not talking about all mothers, for Christ's sake! I thought that was obvious! 

In fact, unconditional love is just an ideal. Nobody can fully embody it, even the most "enlightened" mother. 

For example, Mother Theresa tried to be embody Feminine Compassion, unconditional love for all beings, etc. But, hey, she wasn't the Buddha, Krishna, Virgen Mary, or any religious archetypes. She was a human being. And humans are not perfect. 

As a consequence of trying to be 100% altruistic, Mother Theresa ended up dying due to a disease she got from the ill people she was helping. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is a myth that mothers automatically accept their children. If only that were true.

Of course this is a myth. Again, I am not talking about all mothers. ¬¬

But, anyway, the closest thing to unconditional love and acceptance I have observed in real life is the loving-acceptance some mothers have with their children.

My mom, for example, is extremely accepting. She is so resigned that she appears to be passive.  

10 hours ago, Shin said:

Explain mothers that kill their babies.

Is that unconditional love ?

OF COURSE NOT! 

Read above to see what I really meant. I should've written "some mothers". I thought that was implicit, but apparently it was not ? 

10 hours ago, Shin said:

I probably should kill my dog so I could show him how much I love him.

9_9

Honestly, I don't understand your point.  

But, anyway, this reminds me of something very common among bad spiritual teachers, which is the belief that, "I can be an asshole with you, because it is all part of God's plan. You' re still not advanced enough to understand this."

Let me explain what I mean: A crappy spiritual teacher could say that him killing his dog is actually an act of unconditional love, because there is no doer-ship, and everything he does comes directly from Source. In other words, if you think things like:

1- "Reality is perfect as it is"

2- "There is nothing true, but God"

3- "Only Love is Real."

Then you can say that raping, torturing, and then killing your dog would be an expression of Absolute Infinity, God, Divine Love, etc. Pretty messed up thought, huh?

By the way, writing about this reminds me of one of the worst spiritual teachers I have ever seen being 11 years on the Path. It's a guy that has a cult in Sedona called Bentinho Massaro. He's really cringey. Here's an excerpt from the excellent article on gurumag.com, Tech Bro Guru: Inside the Sedona Cult of Bentinho Massaro: 

2. Normalize verbal abuse as part of the spiritual path and then claim impunity as a Guru

1_BMsVy2EXQ2cJDyMjyLKuhw.png

Bentinho states that he is not responsible for his actions because of the spiritual level he has attained. He repeatedly draws upon the idea, “No, it’s not me, it you!”

When I asked a former member why they left she told me, because, in part, “Verbal abuse and verbal degrading of members in public and private. Directing the group to shut down and shut out critics from the group.”

This video (see video on gurumag.com/) demonstrates that Massaro has clearly normalized verbal abuse as part of the spiritual “path.” A female student says she is upset because “I just asked a simple question and he said ‘fuck you.’”" He goes on to repeatedly yell at her “fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, FUCK YOU.”

And in the video below (see video on gurumag.com/), Bentinho angrily tells the same woman: “If you weren’t so high up in your own ass about this fucking concept of respect you would actually see how much love there is behind me saying what I say.”

Bentinho posted this disturbing excerpt on his Instagram account recently:

exposing bentinho massaro bullshitness.png

To read the full article, go to: https://gurumag.com/tech-bro-guru-inside-the-sedona-cult-of-bentinho-massaro/

Anyway, I know I went a little bit off-topic, but I thought it would be a interesting to share the above with you guys... 

Unconditional Love is the actuality. The “seer” of all “duality”, even ‘one’s’ about unconditional Love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

My thought on the subject is that unconditional love is a concept made up by the mind. Just like the concept of enlightenment.