kieranperez

Thoughts on Blog Post About Unconditional Love

49 posts in this topic

It’s always interesting when I really think about my sort of vision for awakening and how deep I want to go with it. I always like to entertain the thought ‘if I truly went as deep as I could possibly go with awakening/enlightenment and made that my impact... would I really be doing a genuine service to the world long term? Jesus (assuming he was a real person - which I doubt) would probably be rolling in his grave if he saw what was done in his name. Who could blame him for wanting to throw people in a lake of fire (jokes)?’

This is what @Leo Gura post on unconditional love really struck in me... is embodying your own Godhood really what elevates mankind as far as impact? We have thousands of years of history that show just how much these great beings have been thrown out of context to commit all sorts of devilry over the course of human history. Rather than merely just inspire people to awaken for themselves, they (through no fault of their own) end up being worshipped and revered. It’s like looking at such a bright beautiful sunset while driving. It’s rays are so beautiful and awe inspiring that you forget your even driving and drive yourself of the road and into a ditch. A pretty apt metaphor for how people have treated the works of the world’s highest sages and mystics. 

So it raises the question, is it still worth it? Is it still an impact worth having?

@kieranperez I’d do what you want to do. If it happens to be that, great. If not, great. Someone will always admire you. Someone will always resent you. Do what you really want.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Unconditional love for all beings is an utopia. In reality, unconditional love only happens with mothers and their offspring. Otherwise, the world would eat you alive. Just like they did with Jesus... 

one day this will all be memories

@Nahm funny how it still ultimately just comes back to that very point. 

Jesus knew that he was going to mess things up for a while, there are several verses where he predicted it. But things would have been much worse if he hadn't. An imperfect understanding of his teachings was better than none at all for most of history, spiral dynamics explains pretty well why that is the case. Now 2000 years later we are much more evolved and have the connection of the internet and many more people have their basic survival needs met. Love is patient and love is kind, God is patient and God is kind. Jesus never really spoke of a hell the way it is taught in Christianity.

It's worth it to me. It's all I ever wanted.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@kieranperez Ya. Lol. It really is. Seriously though, do for you until you’re full, whole. If a day comes when you do for ‘others’, great. If not, great. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@mandyjw there was no Jesus. I was using that as a metaphor. Jesus is a story. An archetype. This is not a post regarding critiques of Jesus. 

You can substitute Jesus for any other sage. Muhammad, Buddha, Ramana Maharshi, Mahavira, Nagarjuna, Sadhguru, etc.

"All understanding is metaphoric." -Leo

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

39 minutes ago, kag101 said:

unconditional love only happens with mothers and their offspring.

Nope, that's conditional love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

So it raises the question, is it still worth it? Is it still an impact worth having?

What you have to understand is that those who reach such a radical degree of selflessness are not doing it out of a desire to have an impact. They are doing it because they seek the highest Truth, and everything else is just an organic consequence of that.

To become that selfless would require that you drop all personal desires, including any desires to change the world. All attachments would have to be surrendered. The irony is, your ability to impact the world skyrockets when you come from a position of total detachment and selflessness. But the detachment has to be real. You have to surrender everything before you get it all back in the end.

@Leo Gura yes that's how it starts but once they found the highest truth, they surely know and desire to make an impact. just as misery loves company, so does love and must be shared to be truly unconditional. it all starts with our personal reality, then we can consciously share with the collective. we must honor both/all realities we exist in together to be aligned with truth. 

3 minutes ago, AnTe said:

yes that's how it starts but once they found the highest truth, they surely know and desire to make an impact.

Some do, some don't. At that point is hardly matters. And yet some of them still work to make an impact. That's the paradox of detachment.

@Leo Gura it’s funny because that goes straight to @Nahm‘s point. Thats funny you say that because that’s my thought every time when I try to think about my life purpose which is enlightenment related. That’s always the trend. The desire for God, Truth, seeking understanding was and is always the primary driving force. Everything else falls into place after (at least for the ones who are remembered and had an extrodinary impact). Impact is never really the fundamental agenda. It just so happens to be a by-product...

Then again though, what about you? You still have a business that, as far as I imagine, you seem to really care about the impact you have in yet you still pursue awakening and have found that balance to do both at the same time. How have you reconciled that in your own life? Not to get too personal here.

Unconscious frustration/indulgence> renunciation > conscious enjoyment/acceptance of what is and what is not

Peter Ralston just posted this video today. I don't see the need to call Jesus a Buddhist, but if it makes you happy, whatever. 

I love the chuckle after he says "when you make the eyes in the place of the eye"

BY THE WAY PETER, he didn't just hang out in the desert reading scripture, he was tempted by the Devil for 40 days and 40 nights. 

Edited by mandyjw

6 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

@Leo Gura

Then again though, what about you? You still have a business that, as far as I imagine, you seem to really care about the impact you have in yet you still pursue awakening and have found that balance to do both at the same time. How have you reconciled that in your own life? Not to get too personal here.

As my blog post shows you, I have not reconciled it.

I don't embody unconditional love.

@mandyjw

10 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Unconscious frustration/indulgence> renunciation > conscious enjoyment/acceptance of what is and what is not

Peter Ralston just posted this video today. I don't see the need to call Jesus a Buddhist, but if it makes you happy, whatever. 

I love the chuckle after he says "when you make the eyes in the place of the eye"

BY THE WAY PETER, he didn't just hang out in the desert reading scripture, he was tempted by the Devil for 40 days and 40 nights. 

I was literally just listening to this video whilst I just read your post lol

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Leo Gura You're still scared of becoming Jesus, but that's what you are. They won't crucify you this time, I promise. 

Buddha held back. Mother Earth doesn't have time for that shit. 

@Leo Gura what does the embodiment of unconditional love look like and mean to you? 

@lmfao We are ALL connected. So, so very impossibly, beautifully connected. 

@AnTe

3 minutes ago, AnTe said:

@Leo Gura what does the embodiment of unconditional love look like and mean to you? 

Something like this https://www.actualized.org/insights/thoughts-on-unconditional-love

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.