OmniYoga

POLARITY

40 posts in this topic

I@Soul-lover 2020 I used to be you. Maybe I still am. The peace that passeth understanding is not a concept but an experience. Lean not on your own understanding. You are leaning on it heavily, eventually one day it will give out from beneath you. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Well, that's me finished for today.  Goodbye.

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

Hello @Soul-lover 2020!

I understand the place you're speaking from, but this is a community of seekers. By "seekers" I mean that we don't take what others say as granted. None of it. The words of Leo should be taken with a grain of salt. Even the words historical figures such as Buddha, Jesus Christ and Krishna are mere references and should be taken with a grain of salt too. Gospels that were validated by Christian authorities are just as valid as gospels that weren't.

By sincerely seeking, we can't be fundamentally right or wrong. We can just follow our thirst. There's nothing to prove or disprove. It's not about being an intellectual or debunking others. The path of the seeker is the path towards what feels True, which is not an easy task because what feels True may contradict with what sounds true. And this is why we're together... we're here to share our experiences, which may help others to understand what they're going through.

I wish you the best and I hope that you, as a believer of the words of Jesus Christ, attain a better understanding about the way of the seeker. Good luck!

unborn Truth

Ajasatya,

You're sincerely seeking, are you?  You're thirsty for the Truth?  Well you can read about Him here:    

John 4 : 1 - 26   New International Version 

Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman

Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John — although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples.  So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.

Now he had to go through Samaria.  So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph.  Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?”  (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.

Jesus answered her, If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.

“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?  Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,  but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

“I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband.  The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

“Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet.  Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

“Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.  You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.  Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.  God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.

Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you — I am he.

Andrea :)

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

All,

And that's my last word here.  If you are interested in reading any future posts from me, go to "my thread".  The reason why I am saying this is because fellow members have complained, and as a result I've received 6 warnings.  I have been truthful at all times.  I have been as respectful as I can be.  But apparently that's not been enough.

I am a Christian realist.

'Bye for now.

Andrea  

4 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

What is there to disagree with?  Can you prove that I'm wrong, Truth Addict?

Actually, I don't even want to try.

Keep doing what you're doing, and believing what you're believing, if that's what makes you happy.

To me, you seem very peaceful and happy.

Don't believe the other guys here, they believe that they're above beliefs somehow, but they're wrong.

Bless up! ❤️

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict You're something else. :x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

All,

And that's my last word here.  If you are interested in reading any future posts from me, go to "my thread".  The reason why I am saying this is because fellow members have complained, and as a result I've received 6 warnings.  I have been truthful at all times.  I have been as respectful as I can be.  But apparently that's not been enough.

I am a Christian realist.

'Bye for now.

Andrea  

I am not one of the complainers. I personally would suggest the following if you want to share the truth with others:

1) Accept that you may be wrong instead of continuously challenging others to provide proof that you are wrong. In your mind, the Bible is absolute proof. However, that is not the standard of proof in this forum. In fact, there likely is not any standard of proof. As with what the moderator said, we're seeking the truth. Most of us have already considered texts like the Bible, but are looking for a more comprehensive understanding. As a more trite example, the Bible has very little to say about how much television time is too much in a day.

2) Try to avoid derailing posts with proselytizing. This is probably what you've received warnings for. Again, most of the people here already know about the Bible and Jesus, and are unlikely to be swayed by someone posting a Bible passage as ultimate fact.

3) Try to learn more than you teach. There is a TON to learn here, and most of it does not conflict with the Bible in any way. Maybe a few things do. It's up to you to find what is useful and separate the wheat from the chaff. However, your posts have an air of finality and authority, as if you are the only person who knows the truth. Even if this was a Biblical study forum, your posts would come across as authoritative and to some extent, disruptive. 

These are all my opinions. No one here that I've seen is trying to stifle you. However, several people have seen that you are not open to learning more about either yourself, your beliefs, or your fellow man. There's so much here to benefit from, but you must open your eyes. Someone who believes they know all and has nothing to learn, even from those who disagree, has hardened their hearts and closed their minds from experiencing truth. Ephesians 4:18 says "They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart."

Instead of trying to find what's wrong in what everyone is saying, look for the truth in what they are saying. Then dig deeper. Examine yourself, and examine their statements from the point of view that you are entirely wrong and they are entirely right. What changes? How does this new paradigm affect you? Then, after giving them an open mind, apply what you have learned to your own beliefs without judgment.

I hope to see you around, and I hope you are able to speak more openly and learn things you are currently blind to. May the love of God be with you always.

Edited by jbram2002

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

@Soul-lover 2020 The problem is that reading is not enough. Watching videos is not enough. Thinking heavily on this matter is not enough. Only visceral mystical experiences can aid the thirst of true seekers. This is why some of us go to retreats, some take psychedelics and some do both.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I am never noticing if and when people become mods but If it’s new for you, that’s awesome ?

I always enjoy/appreciate reading your wisdom/perspective man 

That’s all, carry on ?

Sometimes it’s not about nonduality, religion, truth, dogma or even liberation. Sometimes it’s straightforward loss & suffering, and just saying “I don’t want to be alone, Jesus is with me, God watches over me”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm  wtf - a lot offtopic in my post - you should rather clean it :)
I don't give a shit about Jesus :D

@Leo Gura you mean "You" as an ego, but if i am the distinction how can I not be it ?
why don't I feel like im creating such a things - and instead of being the effect of the universe\reality - not the casue

22 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I@Soul-lover 2020 I used to be you. Maybe I still am. The peace that passeth understanding is not a concept but an experience. Lean not on your own understanding. You are leaning on it heavily, eventually one day it will give out from beneath you. 

Not so.  I rely purely on the realism which is anchored in the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ and His disciples.

On 5/29/2019 at 10:39 AM, OmniYoga said:

if this all is one mind - oneness,
why they are things, stuff, ideas, people, places even thoughts, moods, emotions ... etc all kind of things - that we resonate with, love, like, tolarate, accept, welcome, being open, or naturally driven towards etc

and on the other hand - all kind of things  that are we don't resonate - repulisive, disgust, not carring, dislike, moving or staying away from it|

even if we look at this community (subculture) of enlightment, conciousness, self - actualized there is only small % of people who are into this,
many people will never care about it and they seems to be fine, OK without it as well

don't get it

People appear to be fine but they aren't. 

8 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

I don't give a shit about Jesus :D

You will one day.

18 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Soul-lover 2020 The problem is that reading is not enough. Watching videos is not enough. Thinking heavily on this matter is not enough. Only visceral mystical experiences can aid the thirst of true seekers. This is why some of us go to retreats, some take psychedelics and some do both.

But are "visceral mystical experiences" sufficient for dealing with the real world?  I can't see how.  

22 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Hello @Soul-lover 2020!

I understand the place you're speaking from, but this is a community of seekers. By "seekers" I mean that we don't take what others say as granted. None of it. The words of Leo should be taken with a grain of salt. Even the words historical figures such as Buddha, Jesus Christ and Krishna are mere references and should be taken with a grain of salt too. Gospels that were validated by Christian authorities are just as valid as gospels that weren't.

By sincerely seeking, we can't be fundamentally right or wrong. We can just follow our thirst. There's nothing to prove or disprove. It's not about being an intellectual or debunking others. The path of the seeker is the path towards what feels True, which is not an easy task because what feels True may contradict with what sounds true. And this is why we're together... we're here to share our experiences, which may help others to understand what they're going through.

I wish you the best and I hope that you, as a believer of the words of Jesus Christ, attain a better understanding about the way of the seeker. Good luck!

That is so beautifully worded, but also so pragmatic. 

10 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

@Nahm  wtf - a lot offtopic in my post - you should rather clean it :)
I don't give a shit about Jesus :D

I see where you’re coming from, and I apologize. I meant that in the sense, sometimes it’s more simple than our conversations suggest. Sometimes in addressing the sensations one is experiencing rather than the thought content of dogma, nonduality, religion, etc, etc, the polarity is known in the self if you will, and then the Self begins to become known, and the Will becomes known. Again though, sorry. I am probably the biggest thread hijacker in the community and I can be more mindful of that. ??     Simpler said, rather than “what are you thinking? ”...perhaps “what are you going through?” Helps.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

But are "visceral mystical experiences" sufficient for dealing with the real world?  I can't see how.  

Fundamentally speaking, the "real world" is a mystical experience, but we have a hard time noticing it unless we cultivate an extremely disciplined and sharp mind. However, in order to address your question more specifically, the short answer is yes.

Enough well-integrated mystical experiences can provide the foundation to deal with real world issues. The whole package of wisdom that the OP was talking about (tenderness, temperance, patience, justice, willpower, compassion, forgiveness etc) can be attained without the need to rely on cultural baggage (religions and such). Rather, it's possible to comprehend why a virtuous mindset/behavior is a noble goal just from understanding who we truly are.

This is where I come back to the OP's topic. A hand connected to a sane mind will not harm the other hand that's connected to the same mind. Going up a few layers of abstraction, a human being that's deeply connected to the source of BEING will think twice before causing any harm. Virtue/Wisdom can be derived from genuine experiences of oneness.

unborn Truth